+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 496 of 922 FirstFirst ... 396446486494495496497498506546596 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,960 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    1. You seem to be being selective rA. Rees Mogg did indeed say it COULD take 50 years to recover. He did not say that it WILL. In the same speech he said it was a fantastic opportuntiy that COULD see massive benefits. He did not say that it WILL. For some reason you seem to have focussed on the 50 years line and not the benefits line. I am intrigued as to why you grab hold of the one quote but appear to dismiss the other.

2. Last time you looked you were right, however......... both the outgoing EU top 4 and the incoming replacements are hell bent on sourcing out more power and tax collecting opportunities from the member states to Brussels/Strasbourg. They want to standardise taxes and tax collecting. IMO you should not be looking at what the EU is today but at what the end game is. That end game is the reason I am against the EU. A huge, inefficient monolith that needs stopping while we sill can.
    Of course I’m being selective...we’re all being selective but I’m not impressed when supporters of something start talking of economic pain and fifty years of recovery. These are not, imo, aspects/risks of Brexit that people were made aware of in 2016 and appear very much at odds with the sentiments emblazoned on the side of Boris’ bus.

I value your opinion on the EU...you’re resident in mainland Europe and are probably more familiar with the ‘incoming replacements’ than me. You also, although we differ at times, always try and offer a balanced opinion. Having said that, aren’t you also guessing at what the end game is?
    Including England and Wales I think I’ve visited seven European countries in the last twelve months or so and each continues to have its own identity. I see no evidence of our British way of life being threatened by the EU and I do see benefits.
    More to the point, by remaining as a powerful member do we not stand more chance of influencing the direction and form this ‘inefficient monolith’, as you put it, is likely to take?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 22-07-2019 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Jesus christ, you're such a drama queen.

So Rees Mogg says it COULD take 50 years to recover?
    Do you believe that?
    The operative term is COULD. In the same speech he said it was a fantastic opportunity that COULD see massive benefits.]
    Now you and your mate, wouldn't believe a word out of his and Farage's mouth before.
    So why is is now a revelation to you?

Conversely, the EU is in decline and the debts mounting. We are tied int o that and have responsibilities to bail out the decrepit countries.
    Our trade with them is in decline and you ignore all this.

I think I'll take my chances thanks.
    Remember the screams of doom that would happen the moment we voted leave?
    Remember the screams of doom, if we don't join the Euro?

No of course you don't.

I'll say it again. I don't want to a part of a super state, locked into an immovable government and law system.
    Don't deny it doesn't /isn't happening because it is.

NB. I have just ordered a new 3 series. BMW are not worried at all about Brexit at my dealers. They think it's funny, as trade will go on perfectly well.
    I also requested they fit plates without that ****ing EU flag in the corner. That got a laugh and apparently it is quite common.

Unlike you and scizhodale, I see the benefits of opportunities.
    Of course they want a deal, but a deal where they retain control is not a deal.
    If they won't bend, so be it.
    Tricky not sure which BMW dealer you go to but mine are shxxing themselves because the government have told them they will putting a 10.6% tariff on any completed foreign car.In the event of a no deal

Of course they're not worried about your 3 series Tricky, it'll break down before October and you'll have to buy another one, more chance of your manager lasting 10 weeks then that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post

I value your opinion on the EU...you’re resident in mainland Europe and are probably more familiar with the ‘incoming replacements’ than me. You also, although we differ at times, always try and offer a balanced opinion. Having said that, aren’t you also guessing at what the end game is?
    No. Verhofstadt et al have said that the problem with the EU is that it doesn't have enough power and that the member states must pass ever more power and influence over to the EU, culminating in a federal Europe.

They spent decennia denying that a US of E was the aim. they now openly embrace it.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    No. Verhofstadt et al have said that the problem with the EU is that it doesn't have enough power and that the member states must pass ever more power and influence over to the EU, culminating in a federal Europe.

They spent decennia denying that a US of E was the aim. they now openly embrace it.
    MA I can remember you saying months ago "I will believe we will leave when I see it" How right you are There still send no end in sight maybe be how's the time for another "Indicitive vote" whatever the fxxxk that meant

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I have just ordered a new 3 series.
    Is that all? Are you Swales' butler?

I'd just like to be one of the first to congratulate Boris on being our new PM.
    Here's hoping he gets Brexit over the line on the 31st October, the futures bright the futures Boris!

THE DREAM TEAM
    Name:  The Dream Team.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  8.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Why are remainers now believing Mogg about 50 years to recover, you haven't believed anything else he's said!

No one knows how long the recovery will be, no one.
    I know one thing though and that is if everyone got on board with this the recovery time would be a lot quicker but remainers just keep trying to put obstacles in the way. We voted and no matter what the percentages were leave won it, We are leaving and it's going to happen, surely you want the Country to succeed when we do leave or do you want it all to just fail so you can say told you so.
    Who's ever right or wrong we have to stick together, to want the Country to succeed we have to stick together, but there are many people who genuinely want it to fail but it's nice to know that of all the people wanting it to fail none of them will be leavers!
    MoP...I don’t necessarily believe him and usually take anything he says with the proverbial ‘pinch of salt’ but you have to admit it’s not encouraging when the arch advocate of Brexit provides such a ‘doomsday’ scenario.

As for the rest...Leavers don’t have the monopoly on wanting our country to do well.
    I imagine you and I want the same thing...a strong, respected and trusted nation with improved health care, a well funded education system, better housing, an improved transport system and more adequately funded police service etc. You think Brexit will, eventually, bring us all that whereas I think it will jeopardise any chance of us achieving those aims for the foreseeable future.

We disagree and are both entitled to our views, but you are wrong, imo, to portray Remainers as in any way wanting our country ‘to fail’. Quite the reverse.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    MoP...I don’t necessarily believe him and usually take anything he says with the proverbial ‘pinch of salt’ but you have to admit it’s not encouraging when the arch advocate of Brexit provides such a ‘doomsday’ scenario.

As for the rest...Leavers don’t have the monopoly on wanting our country to do well.
    I imagine you and I want the same thing...a strong, respected and trusted nation with improved health care, a well funded education system, better housing, an improved transport system and more adequately funded police service etc. You think Brexit will, eventually, bring us all that whereas I think it will jeopardise any chance of us achieving those aims for the foreseeable future.

We disagree and are both entitled to our views, but you are wrong, imo, to portray Remainers as in any way wanting our country ‘to fail’. Quite the reverse.
    Be thankful we have the endorsement of The Don. I remain on the side of those American folk who voted for a different flavour of sh*t to the one they were being fed, but Jeez what WAS Trump on about today?

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    I'd just like to be one of the first to congratulate Boris on being our new PM.
    Here's hoping he gets Brexit over the line on the 31st October, the futures bright the futures Boris!

THE DREAM TEAM
    Name:  The Dream Team.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  8.8 KB
    Jeez...just need to add Trump for the complete nightmare!

Page 496 of 922 FirstFirst ... 396446486494495496497498506546596 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)