+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 599 of 922 FirstFirst ... 99499549589597598599600601609649699 ... LastLast
Results 5,981 to 5,990 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Face it, there is no honour in politics these days. I always know when a politician is lying...... their lips move. All in it for themselves, for a cushy career and ditto pension.
    Spot on Mad.

Like I said, like it or not. This election IS about Brexit.

If it wasn't on the table, the normal stuff would be sorted. But it's been made IN/OUT now.
    Pick your side

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Spot on Mad.

Like I said, like it or not. This election IS about Brexit.

If it wasn't on the table, the normal stuff would be sorted. But it's been made IN/OUT now.
    Pick your side
    Not actually true, but I can see why one would be cynical - trouble is politicians are damned if they do and damned if they don't - Would many vote for them if they told the truth? Do many people want to know the truth?

As for being in it for themselves, well there many, Johnson being one of them whoa re, but there are also many hard working MP's of all political persuasions who spend many hours working for their constituents and believe me it is long hours, which is never mentioned.

Also I would say that the answer surely if you don't like what we have then enter politics oneself, its very easy to carp from the sidelines, when your not prepared to do anything and I'm in no way suggesting that politicians should be above criticism, just before one you tar them all think what you would want in their place?

And a place on "I'm a celebrity, teach me to sing and dance on ice Island"

As we appear to be branching out to include the election at the moment, here is my disenfranchised view from afar.

The Tories will implement Brexit. They haven't removed the clauses on worker rights, consumer protection and environmental protection for no reason. Nothing will be done on climate change. Laws will be changed to make life very much easier for the 1% and for the corporations. That will mean it will be very much harder for the rest of us. Worker protections will be removed making things look rosier for US companies. The pensionable age will go up to 75. etc etc etc. It will be back to Victorian times (slight exaggeration there, I know) where we will all be expected to tug at our forelocks to our masters. More kids in poverty, more food banks, more misery.

Labour will, if they can be believed, be opening the floodgates to those in tented camps in Calais and from elsewhere and that will cause civil unrest IMO. They will also try to give us a lot of the things the SNP has done for Scotland like free prescriptions, no tuition fees, etc etc etc and, if they carry out their entire agenda, plunge the nation into even greater debt.

Neither, when you look at what they say they will do, is going to deliver the UK I lived in and would like to see return.

Basically, the question being asked tomorrow is "would you like to be stabbed or shot?" Some choice hey?

My preference would be a result looking like this. The 2 parties needing each other rather than one or more of the also rans to form a credible government, possibly with both on the same number of seats. They would HAVE to work together and that would take the sharp extreme edges off both sides and we would have a coalition government that had taken the right wing policies off the table and the left wing policies too leaving ana wful lot of common ground in the middle. Removing the 10% to 15% of the most left/right wing policies would produce a governemnt that really would be for the many, not the few. One that would make things better.

Wonderful thought with just one major flaw. It aint gonna happen, is it?

Good luck one and all.

Ah, the good old centrist revolution that I have been wanting for some 25 years now! The right wing of the tories will sell us down the river as a playting of globalisation, the left wing of the labour party will bankrupt us in a few years by trying to deliver the undeliverable, no matter how well intentioned.

The options? The Libdems remain pointless, the SNP, DUP, UUP, SF and PC are irrelevant to most voters, the Greens (who I feel aligned to on their primary ambitions) will never gain traction, UKIP-Brexit parties etc are one trick ponies. The rest: are more extreme versions of the two primary parties and some time wasters

So, lets look at my constituency. The standing Tory candidate could prove to be a *****phile serial killer and still romp home with a 30,000 majority. So it doesn't matter what I vote.

NEVER have I felt so disenfranchised. Its extraordinary that after the centuries of struggle to get universal suffrage, we now cannot find a single decent party with sensible policies to use that hard fought vote on.

So I will not be wasting shoe leather trotting round to the polling booth

In my area the Tory is NEVER seen not even when there's an election, the Labour bloke is also noticeable by his absence except when he wants our vote whilst the Liberals are always around. They do a lot for our Ward and are always challenging the incumbents who ever holds sway on the Council!!
    The Tory will win by a mile, the Labour bloke will miss out again and then disappear from view whilst the Liberals will come a dddiiissstttaaannnttt third but will continue to work locally!!!
    Don't seem right somehow, the one decent candidate is fodder to the other two so I might just stay in bed and wait for Friday!!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Ah, the good old centrist revolution that I have been wanting for some 25 years now! The right wing of the tories will sell us down the river as a playting of globalisation, the left wing of the labour party will bankrupt us in a few years by trying to deliver the undeliverable, no matter how well intentioned.

The options? The Libdems remain pointless, the SNP, DUP, UUP, SF and PC are irrelevant to most voters, the Greens (who I feel aligned to on their primary ambitions) will never gain traction, UKIP-Brexit parties etc are one trick ponies. The rest: are more extreme versions of the two primary parties and some time wasters

So, lets look at my constituency. The standing Tory candidate could prove to be a *****phile serial killer and still romp home with a 30,000 majority. So it doesn't matter what I vote.

NEVER have I felt so disenfranchised. Its extraordinary that after the centuries of struggle to get universal suffrage, we now cannot find a single decent party with sensible policies to use that hard fought vote on.

In India, apparently, there is a polling card box for ‘none of the above’. Not sure what happens if it polls more votes than any of the candidates but I think it would win this time around if employed here tomorrow.

Voting strictly on the basis of incompetence being less damaging than evil I shall (actually already have via postal vote) be voting Labour.

Sadly I don’t hold out much more hope for tomorrow than I do for tonight...but at least if we lose tonight there’s a chance to put things right on Saturday. If Johnson wins tomorrow that’ll be five years of dreadful, right wing, screw the people, rich get richer, poor work longer, policies to come.
    How I hope for a hung Parliament and the end of Johnson, Corbyn and Swinson...be even better than a last minute Marriott winner...and about as likely.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 11-12-2019 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post

I'm with you Geoff I'm not voting simply because they don't deserve my vote . Until we change first past the post I won't bother voting again I will predict one thing about tomorrow and that it will be a low turn out So many people are sick of the Children in Westminster

Just like to say we should all congratulate Boris on his landslide win.
    The people have voted and like last time got the result they wanted. Time to work together now as we all know what we voted for.

Can we all be friends again.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    I'm with you Geoff I'm not voting simply because they don't deserve my vote . Until we change first past the post I won't bother voting again I will predict one thing about tomorrow and that it will be a low turn out So many people are sick of the Children in Westminster
    So here is rA's take on the election:

About 67% turnout, slightly down on 2017.

The conservatives might end up with 45% of votes cast.

This means only about 30% of the electorate have voted for them.

The people have not spoken, this is not the will of the people. We should have another, second, election before we embark on Brexit.

Page 599 of 922 FirstFirst ... 99499549589597598599600601609649699 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)