+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 221 of 922 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231271321721 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    I've been looking for evidence of Crosby's racism and haven't found anything, except from 'sources'. Maybe you've got evidence in the way of recordings or twitter publications as in Abbott's case. Also, I haven't seen Crosby sitting on the front bench in the house of commons.
    Of course I haven't got 'recordings' and I have nothing at all to do with 'Twitter'. Maybe you haven't looked very hard. I'd say a man who is on record as suggesting...if you put a head scarf round a bus a Muslim would vote for it...who claimed, falsely, that Afghan boat people were throwing their children into the sea in order to gain sympathy and access to Australia...who said that reaching out to ethnic voters 'muddies' the Tory message so stop chasing the 'f******' Muslim vote and who tried to associate Sadiq Khan with terrorism and radical Islam during the London mayoral campaign on the basis of his Pakistani heritage...might just be considered racist.
    Obviously he's not on the front bench in the HoC, largely because he's Australian and a spin doctor not an MP. He has however, not for the first time, been put in charge of the Tory election campaign. Are you honestly happy with that?

Watch out for the 'dead cat' routine...the total distraction tactic as seen by Johnson's attack on Corbyn this morning. Classic Crosby...if things get remotely awkward talk about Mugwumps or even £350m per week for the NHS...although that last one is something BJ learned from Crosby and he can't be held directly responsible for that. The more divisive and distracted this campaign becomes the more it'll be down to Crosby. He's good...but thoroughly unscrupulous and nasty imo.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 27-04-2017 at 08:50 AM.

Your wasting your time Anag, people believe what suits their agenda and an interesting piece of research showed that the majority of people will continue to believe in line with their prejudice or pre formed opinions even when what they believe is shown to be false!

When I get quoted back on something i posted that shows that either the person posting hasn't read my post properly, or has interpreted it according to their prejudice, then I realise its a waste of time and effort. Thats why I stopped posting on here, open minds are hard to find!

Mugwumps - splendid reference. In an election where the primary issue (Brexit) transcends party politics then there are great opportunities for mugwumpery. If nothing else Corbyn is at least principled and so a prime candidate for the "Adams Family"

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Your wasting your time Anag, people believe what suits their agenda and an interesting piece of research showed that the majority of people will continue to believe in line with their prejudice or pre formed opinions even when what they believe is shown to be false!

When I get quoted back on something i posted that shows that either the person posting hasn't read my post properly, or has interpreted it according to their prejudice, then I realise its a waste of time and effort. Thats why I stopped posting on here, open minds are hard to find!
    You've got to try Swale. Might not change the mind of the person your arguing with - doubt Ram59 and I will ever see eye to eye politically - but others might be swayed along the way. Can't let the Crosby/Johnson 'mafia' have it all their own way...'mighty oaks from little acorns' and all that.

I read your posts properly, and I notice in this instance that once again your 'interesting piece of research' isn't cited, my general assumption in such cases is'if it ain't cited its false news'. On a couple of occasions I've called you out on this and you've gone a bit quiet.
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 28-04-2017 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I read your posts properly, and I notice in this instance that once again your 'interesting piece of research' isn't cited, my general assumption in such cases is'if it ain't cited its false news'. On a couple of occasions I've called you out on this and you've gone a bit quiet.
    Tbf Andy, Swale usually fights his corner pretty well and is a very long way from being the worst when it comes to going a 'bit quiet' or into 'hiding' when challenged. I'm still awaiting responses after being 'called out' on a couple of occasions by one particular contributor.
    Always quick to accuse...rather slower to react when the accusation is questioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I generally give up tbh, can't be arsed but for you Andy.-

https://www.psychologytoday.com/.../...-or-yours-is-h...

I generally give up tbh, can't be arsed but for you Andy.-

https://www.psychologytoday.com/.../...-or-yours-is-h...
    appreciate the sentiment although the link didn't work. Seriously though, a bit of backup to some of your deeply held convictions would help the debate

Well google it!

Point taken I will endeavour to provide some back up to my points of view for those that will be bothered to read it.

Moving on...and I'm not backing this up with anything at all...but watching Andrew Marr this morning, Rachel Johnson and Owen Jones - the one who looks about four**** but knows his stuff - talked total sense imo. Think we must have got the siblings horribly mixed up, Boris the bumbling buffoon somehow becomes foreign secretary - just terrifying at the moment - while Rachel, the infinitely more articulate and intelligent - though obviously less Machiavellian one - is wasted as a journalist. Still at least she's made the right party choice.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 30-04-2017 at 08:33 AM.

Page 221 of 922 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231271321721 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)