+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 293 of 922 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295303343393793 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Spot on, people totally miss the point, the railways are virtually untouched since victorian times, the point of a new high speed link is that long distance passenger traffic will use the new route and free up capacity on the existing routes there is no practical alternative, but as usual people cannot see the long term benefits.
    When you think about it, having another track will more than double the existing capacity. Atm, they have to plan for express trains to overtake slow trains where there are multiple tracks, such as major stations. If all of the trains on both the current track and the hs2 tracks are going at the same speed, then far more trains will be able to operate safely, just like the London underground.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Interesting....I thought the dual nationality thing with EU countries was one of the things that would go with Brexit? Better find me a Romanian girl to secure my EU retiement bolthole in the sun....or maybe Transylvanian twilight

No dual nationality has nothing to do with Brexit, if you qualify for a passport with another country, then you qualify, whether your american, belgian, dutch, Irish it makes no difference.

Brexit just means its worth getting both passports, whereas when we were in the Eu, if you were had dual nationality iwth 2 Eu countries it didn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Pas vraiment Monsieur Belierjet.

I suspect it had more to do with being the ‘language’ of middle class teachers in the sixties.
    Oops...sorry, reply intended for MA not RR. Lost in translation...as I frequently am.

I had that one sussed RA so the rest must have as well

Oh the Brexit crap rolls in - Gove saying that in this parliament (before 2022) the money the Uk would otherwise have paid to the EU will go to schools, homes and the NHS, in direct contradiction to the governments own plans (of which he is a member) outlined in the last budget which assumed that when contributions to the EU end, the demand from replacements for Eu programmes such as farm subsidies will swallow up all this cash. Thats not taking into account the costs of new customs procedures, setting up and running new bodies to cover regulations for various sectors, never mind the possibility of billions lost in growth!

An interesting fact £160 million a week Uk pays to Eu now

under the deal struck that will be £170 million per week for at least 4 years after Brexit - think the savings are going to be a long time coming!

Oh the Brexit crap rolls in - Gove saying that in this parliament (before 2022) the money the Uk would otherwise have paid to the EU will go to schools, homes and the NHS, in direct contradiction to the governments own plans (of which he is a member) outlined in the last budget which assumed that when contributions to the EU end, the demand from replacements for Eu programmes such as farm subsidies will swallow up all this cash. Thats not taking into account the costs of new customs procedures, setting up and running new bodies to cover regulations for various sectors, never mind the possibility of billions lost in growth!

under the deal struck that will be £170 million per week for at least 4 years after Brexit - think the savings are going to be a long time coming!
    by your numbers that would be 4 years and 91 days, even quicker than I calculated!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    by your numbers that would be 4 years and 91 days, even quicker than I calculated!
    Eh 4 years post 2019, is over 5 years from now and Your kind of ignoring the other costs that the Uk will be paying to set up and run activities, bodies, costs currently not required or are paid for by the EU which by the governments own reckoning is not going to leave a lot of spare cash, doesn't look like we are going to see much if any of that £350 million!

Eh 4 years post 2019, is over 5 years from now and Your kind of ignoring the other costs that the Uk will be paying to set up and run activities, bodies, costs currently not required or are paid for by the EU which by the governments own reckoning is not going to leave a lot of spare cash, doesn't look like we are going to see much if any of that £350 million!
    Not ignoring it Swale, just stirring up a discussion. No-one knows for sure do they? I could push the latest CBI report which shows healthy growth in Manufacturing and to my old fashioned mind I want us to be pumping widgets for our national benefit, not skinny lattes or *******s

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale
    That is the net figure after you deduct Maggie's rebate and the subsidies and grants we get out of the roughly £350M we pay in.

I'm hoping that the money currently returned in the form of subsides and grants, is better spent under our own control.

In my experience, I see EU grants being wasted on undeserving cases and /or having stupid conditions.

Page 293 of 922 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295303343393793 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)