+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 260 of 922 FirstFirst ... 160210250258259260261262270310360760 ... LastLast
Results 2,591 to 2,600 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Have you discussed the Scottish attempted conquest of Panama with her? A fine example of how to bankrupt a country
    Yes the Darien scheme comes up regularly. Mrs Faber has a habit, maybe you know of folk with the same such habit, of having a deep rooted desire to buy at least one totally un-needed item when out shopping, an activity I refer to as 'Doing a Darien'

Edit: The Scots (who said Scotch?) have a inbred desire to revisit the trials and tribulations of the past, which ironically IMO has given them a much stronger sense of national identity than English folk.
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 17-07-2017 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Yes bagpipes, anything tartan, anything with Mc, Mac or O' at the start of the name, CONSTANT discussion about the referendum, William of Orange, the injustice of historic battles from Flodden to Colluden, why the 'Scottish Empire' only reached Swarkestone (this discussion often started by me) and intense unrest when I suggest setting up a Just Giving account to rebuild Hadrian's Wall. Despite my 'observations' and piss taking here and elsewhere, I think they are a great bunch of folk, the most welcoming of strangers of any race/nation I've known. Y'see, I do see the value of immigrants....
    It's a strange thing. On the rare occasions I've ventured north of the border I've always found them welcoming...except when as a ****ager I was chased across a camp site in Inverness by a bunch of Rangers hooligans.
    On the other hand, whenever they get together in large numbers...Murrayfield or away football matches...they always appear to be the most pathological, partisan and anti-English of races. Much prefer the Welsh.
    Anyway, I'm afraid that bagpipes, along with Farage, R4J, Millwall fans and Billy Davies would be amongst my leading contenders for Room 101.

Mrs Faber suggested that we and our then pre-ten-year-old daughters should sit with the Rangers fans at King Kev's testimonial, and even she had to admit it was one of my better ideas to disuade her as we watched from the Derby end as numerous fights broke out - between Rangers fans - during the game.

Mrs Faber suggested that we and our then pre-ten-year-old daughters should sit with the Rangers fans at King Kev's testimonial, and even she had to admit it was one of my better ideas to disuade her as we watched from the Derby end as numerous fights broke out - between Rangers fans - during the game.
    I thought it was the 'Tinman's' testimonial...although I seem to remember them visiting twice. The most numerous and worst behaved fans I've come across. Thank God there aren't as many Millwall fans as there are of Rangers.

yes you are right, it was ted's.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    It's a strange thing. On the rare occasions I've ventured north of the border I've always found them welcoming...except when as a ****ager I was chased across a camp site in Inverness by a bunch of Rangers hooligans.
    On the other hand, whenever they get together in large numbers...Murrayfield or away football matches...they always appear to be the most pathological, partisan and anti-English of races. Much prefer the Welsh.
    Anyway, I'm afraid that bagpipes, along with Farage, R4J, Millwall fans and Billy Davies would be amongst my leading contenders for Room 101.
    You don't like Farage? I'm shocked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4G49lfchOA

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    You don't like Farage? I'm shocked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4G49lfchOA
    Really? You shouldn't be...for what it's worth my opinion of Farage was given twelve and a half months and 2591 posts ago on this very thread...to quote someone or other... 'nothing has changed...nothing has changed'.
    Sorry, didn't watch the video clip...better things to do - which includes plucking nose hair, watching East Enders or talking about Forest - than listen to that lying, opportunist tw*t.

I mean I'm not an obsessive. I don't watch footy on tv unless Derby or Rangers are playing or if its on at a friends house, I don't keep up with other teams apart from those around us in the table or those my friends support so we can have a bit of footy banter when I see them (oh and Forest just for lols), and I therefore don't have a lot to say about the suitablity of potential signings. I can't imagine life without The Rams though. We all have our relationship with football, that's mine.

I don't set out to wind Swale up, he's just a bit of a slam-dunk on that score
    Your assessment of my reaction to you is about as accurate as your knowledge of history I see.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Really? You shouldn't be...for what it's worth my opinion of Farage was given twelve and a half months and 2591 posts ago on this very thread...to quote someone or other... 'nothing has changed...nothing has changed'.
    Sorry, didn't watch the video clip...better things to do - which includes plucking nose hair, watching East Enders or talking about Forest - than listen to that lying, opportunist tw*t.

Farage and Tricky that description is very apt!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Your assessment of my reaction to you is about as accurate as your knowledge of history I see.
    I didn't think it was that good but thanks, appreciate the compliment chap

Page 260 of 922 FirstFirst ... 160210250258259260261262270310360760 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)