+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 389 of 922 FirstFirst ... 289339379387388389390391399439489889 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,890 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Always keen to find a new angle on unlocking this puzzle, I'm following a facebook group which has been going since 2015 and proposed/proposes deciding Brexit based on votes for/against Die Hard being a Christmas movie or not. The two problems with this are 1) the vote has been almost evenly split since day 1, and 2) some of the vitriol from those contributing puts Swale and TTR to shame. Maybe the world is heading for eternity as a 1-1 draw

Slightly more seriously, a good point just made by someone on Sky in response to the 'will of the people' argument, was that its ironic that Remoaners don't class 37% as a mandate for Brexit but DO class under 10% (apparently that's the number) wanting a second vote as a mandate for one
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 09-12-2018 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Always keen to find a new angle on unlocking this puzzle, I'm following a facebook group which has been going since 2015 and proposed/proposes deciding Brexit based on votes for/against Die Hard being a Christmas movie or not. The two problems with this are 1) the vote has been almost evenly split since day 1, and 2) some of the vitriol from those contributing puts Swale and TTR to shame. Maybe the world is heading for eternity as a 1-1 draw

Slightly more seriously, a good point just made by someone on Sky in response to the 'will of the people' argument, was that its ironic that Remoaners don't class 37% as a mandate for Brexit but DO class under 10% (apparently that's the number) wanting a second vote as a mandate for one
    Under 10% where did Sky get that bit of fake news from? There were 650,000 on the march in London demonstrating for a second vote.

On the other hand this latest bit of research indicates that there is a strong groundswell towards remain, now that the stark truth of what leave actually means.

More than 100 Westminster constituencies that voted to leave the EU have now switched their support to Remain, according to a stark new analysis.

In findings that could have a significant impact on the parliamentary battle of Brexit later this year, the study concludes that most seats in Britain now contain a majority of voters who want to stay in the EU.

The analysis, one of the most comprehensive assessments of Brexit sentiment since the referendum, suggests the shift has been driven by doubts among Labour voters who backed Leave.

As a result, the trend is starkest in the north of England and Wales – Labour heartlands in which Brexit sentiment appears to be changing. The development will heap further pressure on Jeremy Corbyn to soften the party’s opposition to reconsidering Britain’s EU departure.

Which rather puts a different slant on things. My feeling is that there is a 60-40 split in favour of remain now.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Can't find it now but there has been a list doing the rounds on FB for over 2 years now. It's a list of UK factories that have moved abroad allegedly with the aid of EU subsidies.

This page seems to debunk that list..... http://ilovetheeu.co.uk/trade/no-the...out-of-the-uk/
    I can tell you that a number of Uk based firms, especially in the financial service sector which is a bigger contributor to GDP and tax revenues than manufacturing have been moving or planning to move large parts of their operations abroad. Its increased my pension pot massively and I should thank messrs Johnson and Farage for putting some lucrative business my way.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Memory. A strange thing. My memory of the morning after the night before is that Farage (you know, that chap who will get a 73K a year pension once his seat in Brussels terminates in March......) and Boris were conspicuous by their absence and, when they finally did appear, they were subdued, quiet, flat and everything but the elated jerk we all expected. They did not look at all happy.
    Because they got what they said they wanted and hadn't a plan or even a ****ing clue what to do next, apart from further their political ambitions.

Well in Northern Ireland 1.2 million votes Remain I bet they don't again

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I can tell you that a number of Uk based firms, especially in the financial service sector which is a bigger contributor to GDP and tax revenues than manufacturing have been moving or planning to move large parts of their operations abroad. Its increased my pension pot massively and I should thank messrs Johnson and Farage for putting some lucrative business my way.
    You're such a humble person, thanks for that

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    You're such a humble person, thanks for that
    The bit of unnecessary bragging apart though, he’s right isn’t he Andy?
    The whole shambles is now probably the most disastrous and inadequately handled example in the post war history of British politics.
    As a woman on TV suggested from Derby Market Hall this morning...they gave ordinary people ten weeks to make up their minds, fed them a load of lies and expected an informed and reasonable decision to be reached...the politicians have since had two and a half years and are just as divided and no nearer resolution.
    Fact is...the whole concept of Brexit is fundamentally flawed...it’s a bad idea and no matter how much Mrs.May suggests otherwise...you can’t polish a turd.

It'll all look different when we leave, I remember all the scare mongering when the year 2000 was looming and the world was about to stop!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    you can’t polish a turd.
    Exactly, that's why we're off

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    The bit of unnecessary bragging apart though, he’s right isn’t he Andy?
    The whole shambles is now probably the most disastrous and inadequately handled example in the post war history of British politics.
    As a woman on TV suggested from Derby Market Hall this morning...they gave ordinary people ten weeks to make up their minds, fed them a load of lies and expected an informed and reasonable decision to be reached...the politicians have since had two and a half years and are just as divided and no nearer resolution.
    Fact is...the whole concept of Brexit is fundamentally flawed...it’s a bad idea and no matter how much Mrs.May suggests otherwise...you can’t polish a turd.
    More crap from a remainer!

Name:  Polished turd.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  6.1 KB

Page 389 of 922 FirstFirst ... 289339379387388389390391399439489889 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)