+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 351 of 922 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353361401451851 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,510 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    It wont be as painful as the remain lobby says? MM not really up to speed on the integration of economies are you?

Sure all the things except 1 (unless the Uk is going to take a lead in welshing on treaties it has agreed in good faith) could happen, the problem is that trade deals take years to negotiate, exactly what do we have that the rest of the world is itching to buy off us?

I take it then that those who voted Brexit will be content to suffer the severe negative economic consequences for around the next decade at least whilst the Uk magically changes the way it does business? Negative consequences by the way which messrs banks, Rees-Mogg, Johnson, Farage et al will not suffer and indeed may even benefit from?
    Exports to the EU will probably drop slightly due to the slightly higher WTO tariffs. They won't stop. Trade deals that start from scratch do seem to take years. However, they won't necessarily need to. Take Canada for instance. We have a copy of the recently signed CETA agreement to which we are signaturies. Do a "replace EU with UK" action in your preferred word processor and you have the bulk of an agreement inside 5 seconds. Amend slightly, where necessary, and you have the new Anglo-Canuck trade agreement in matter of weeks.

Interesting watching the increasingly irritating Andrew Marr programme this morning.
    With Corbyn remaining sadly invisible and the Conservatives totally divided between the minority of ‘one nation’ Tories and far right loonies it fell again to former PM John Major to speak as the ‘voice of reason’.
    Wasn’t at all keen on him at the time when he was the ‘acceptable face’ of Thatcherism, but I’d give an awful lot to have a politician with as much decency, integrity and common sense in post today. How times change.

Ah well now he's not shagging a married fellow cabinet member behind his own wife's back then he is bound to have more integrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Ah well now he's not shagging a married fellow cabinet member behind his own wife's back then he is bound to have more integrity.
    C’mon Parky...we’ve all made mistakes (including you!)...worst thing Major did was show such deplorable taste. Edwina Currie...yuk...could only have got worse if it had been Queen Margaret Hilda herself or ‘mad Anne’.

P.S. Yes I know that’s dreadfully ***ist or politically incorrect or something but they’re politicians so it doesn’t count.

Actually I think Major and Currie were well matched. Both would have been great contenders for the ugly bug ball.
    Both deplorable not just Currie!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Actually I think Major and Currie were well matched. Both would have been great contenders for the ugly bug ball.
    Both deplorable not just Currie!
    You may be right, I’ve never given a moment’s thought to John Major’s level of physical attractiveness...but he was talking sense this morning imo, despite Rees-Mogg’s typically snide attack.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    You may be right, I’ve never given a moment’s thought to John Major’s level of physical attractiveness...but he was talking sense this morning imo, despite Rees-Mogg’s typically snide attack.
    Like you say IYO that's because he's a remainer, don't tell me you think Anna Soubry talks sense too. I think Rees-Mogg talks sense but you won't agree with that as our views differ over Mogg.
    It will be interesting to see how this pans out, will Brussels be prepared to throw away the £39 billion divorce bill or will they come to their senses.
    If it's a hard Brexit remainers won't be very happy but it's on the table now and they either take it or leave it! Saying that I think they'll be trying to slow it down by putting obstacles in the way, the usual stalling tactics to try and find a way that suits them.
    I just hope if they chuck it out that May has the bottle to go through with the hard Brexit and give them FA!
    Brexit means Brexit

Like you say IYO that's because he's a remainer, don't tell me you think Anna Soubry talks sense too. I think Rees-Mogg talks sense but you won't agree with that as our views differ over Mogg.
    It will be interesting to see how this pans out, will Brussels be prepared to throw away the £39 billion divorce bill or will they come to their senses.
    If it's a hard Brexit remainers won't be very happy but it's on the table now and they either take it or leave it! Saying that I think they'll be trying to slow it down by putting obstacles in the way, the usual stalling tactics to try and find a way that suits them.
    I just hope if they chuck it out that May has the bottle to go through with the hard Brexit and give them FA!
    Brexit means Brexit
    Sorry MoP...I absolutely think Anna Soubry talks sense and I think she’s had to be very brave in doing so.
    I enjoy our banter but seriously, the situation is now becoming ever more worrying imo.
    I am utterly sick of Party political and individual self interest being put in front of the national interest and that, for me, has been happening since Cameron instigated the wretched Referendum.
    I am not naive enough to think that the Left are always right but I do believe that the far Right are always wrong and that the sooner reason, realism, and one nation centrist political thinking takes over from the current populist dalliance with those who are increasingly right wing the better.

Brexit means Brexit

Rees- Mogg, that pillar of the establishment whose wealth in part is generated through some very dodgy nation states, including substantial Russian investments which at best could be described as unethical?

A guy whose understanding of the Irish issue is completely nil, whose interest in the lives of the "ordinary" person is nil? How do people find these establishment characters - who seek a low wage, deregulated, free for all (except the bulk of the population) economy, because it suits their and the wider establishment interests at all credible?

If its a hard Brexit, then many including those who profess to welcome it will find the reality rather different to what they imagine - unless of course those espousing it have £20 million or so to fall back on?

Its unreal the utter ignorance that is revealed on here and elsewhere, in many ways I would welcome the hard Brexit, because boy what a disaster that would be for those who currently seem so keen on it, but for the fact that millions of innocent people will also suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Rees- Mogg, that pillar of the establishment whose wealth in part is generated through some very dodgy nation states, including substantial Russian investments which at best could be described as unethical?

A guy whose understanding of the Irish issue is completely nil, whose interest in the lives of the "ordinary" person is nil? How do people find these establishment characters - who seek a low wage, deregulated, free for all (except the bulk of the population) economy, because it suits their and the wider establishment interests at all credible?

If its a hard Brexit, then many including those who profess to welcome it will find the reality rather different to what they imagine - unless of course those espousing it have £20 million or so to fall back on?

Its unreal the utter ignorance that is revealed on here and elsewhere, in many ways I would welcome the hard Brexit, because boy what a disaster that would be for those who currently seem so keen on it, but for the fact that millions of innocent people will also suffer.
    There is not one single way you should ‘welcome the hard Brexit’ Swale. As you’ve rightly pointed out many times it would result in complete disaster...now wash your mouth out.

Sadly Corbyn’s silence on Brexit and the Labour Party’s ongoing inability to deal with the Anti-Semitism issue is a complete ‘kin disgrace which is allowing this rag-bag of a Tory Party to get away with anything.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 23-07-2018 at 10:15 PM.

Page 351 of 922 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353361401451851 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)