+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 205 of 921 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255305705 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 9205

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Didnt see that Andy but did see lots of evidence of a groundswell against Chairman Blair's intervention.

Best of this groundswell theorised that Blair wants to stay in the EU so he can have access to the EU Court of Human Rights when the full extant of his war crimes emerge! Also to keep his missus in a job!

Generally most people suggest he should butt out, apart of course from the Brexit Refusenik's such as Swale (tempt tempt.....)
    Worth checking out on iplayer, added bonus being a 'nicely dolled up' and multi-lingual Katya Adler and be-bollox to political correctness if her efforts in both departments can't be complimented on...

Blair might actually be useful to UK plc if he did as many Remainers have done (inc a number on this forum I notice) and accept the decision, and then apply his, lets face it, considerable 'presence' in the corridors of power to getting the best deal possible for us. IMO he really would be an asset regardless of his war-criminal tendancies. someone should have a word....

And now we have the Dark Lord (mandelson) trying to stir up a revolt in the lords. How did he become a peer after not once but twice having to resign from a government post?

I bet his finger is hovering over the keyboard now......

Doubt you and RR will tempt Swale back on this topic with those tactics Ram59. Personally I'm sad he's decided to end his comments on Brexit as he, and occasionally mista, were about my only allies , but he's a stubborn bugger.
    On the subject of Tony Blair...I disagreed entirely with him over Iraq, but why is he described as a 'war criminal'? I'll accept stubborn, arrogant, complacent, mistaken etc, but could someone please explain exactly how he's guilty of 'war crimes'?

Read the Chilcott Enquiry, or better yet review this link

http://www.arrestblair.org/blairs-crimes

As for Swale, his stubbornness has meant that this is the third time he has promised not to post on this thread any longer. I always found giving up smoking to be equally easy - I gave up loads of times.....
    Last edited by roger_ramjet; 20-02-2017 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Read the Chilcott Enquiry, or better yet review this link

http://www.arrestblair.org/blairs-crimes

As for Swale, his stubbornness has meant that this is the third time he has promised not to post on this thread any longer. I always found giving up smoking to be equally easy - I gave up loads of times.....
    Thanks for that Roger...very informative, although the mocked up photo suggests that there is no particularly 'hidden' agenda in place here. As I said, I was entirely opposed to what happened in Iraq, and to almost everything George Bush ever said, but I still don't really get how Blair is so much worse than other world leaders who have been responsible for leading their countries into ill advised and costly, both in human and economic terms, conflict, or Generals/Ministers who have sanctioned actions leading to the deaths of vast numbers of innocent people.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Thanks for that Roger...very informative, although the mocked up photo suggests that there is no particularly 'hidden' agenda in place here. As I said, I was entirely opposed to what happened in Iraq, and to almost everything George Bush ever said, but I still don't really get how Blair is so much worse than other world leaders who have been responsible for leading their countries into ill advised and costly, both in human and economic terms, conflict, or Generals/Ministers who have sanctioned actions leading to the deaths of vast numbers of innocent people.
    For my two penneth, I think anyone who decides to go to war after ignoring independant scrutiny (regarding womd) has a case to answer - and no he isn't any worse than many other leaders, in fact he's well down the list, but he was OUR leader, hence I have a stronger view. I'm talking about Blair here, not Swale.

Now you mention it Swale and Blair do seem to share many characteristics: maybe they are one and the same person.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    For my two penneth, I think anyone who decides to go to war after ignoring independant scrutiny (regarding womd) has a case to answer - and no he isn't any worse than many other leaders, in fact he's well down the list, but he was OUR leader, hence I have a stronger view. I'm talking about Blair here, not Swale.
    Fine lines and all that and I do not seek to make a party political point at all, but isn't it likely that Cameron (Syrian bombing), Thatcher (Falklands esp. General Belgrano) and even Bomber Harris (Dresden) were just as guilty of 'war crimes'?

It doesnt matter if others did.....that doesnt affect what Blair did. Just because 3 other train robbers were guilty doesnt mean that Ronnie Biggs was any less guilty

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Fine lines and all that and I do not seek to make a party political point at all, but isn't it likely that Cameron (Syrian bombing), Thatcher (Falklands esp. General Belgrano) and even Bomber Harris (Dresden) were just as guilty of 'war crimes'?
    Cameron obtained parliamentary support I thought? Then DIDN'T get support the second time and didn't proceed? That's the type of democracy we vote for I thought

Thatcher, although I didn't like her, I believe did the right thing (poss for a selfish reason)

Harris from a 'different age'

But all would have had St Peter asking some searching questions I'd accept. Not Cameron yet of course

Page 205 of 921 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255305705 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)