+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 385 of 921 FirstFirst ... 285335375383384385386387395435485885 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,850 of 9205

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

So, the known facts will come out at last. I agree with the lack of action posts. They have faffed about for 2 years and wasted time. They should have had their negotiating policy nailed down inside the first 6 months and then gone all out to get exactly that.

There would have to be a trade deal as both sides will always want to trade with each other.

Instead they fannied about bandying meaningless words around and getting absolutely nowhere.

In short, Her Majesty's Government has been an utter, utter, utter disgrace.

RA The truth is already known if you read the Sunday Times It just shows the state of our country's politics when May makes Geoffrey Cox Attorney General this the man who tried to claim 49p for milk.Who happens to be the highest paid MP He's the man who brought the amendment against changing the law to stop Rental homes being fit for purpose and got it thrown out. In 2014 he was found to be investing in Phoenix Film Partners LLC. Which HMRC said was a tax avoidance scheme HMRC came to an agreement for a 're payment agreement with him and others involved. In 2016 the House of Commons standards commitee of which he was a member was found guilty of failing to declare £400,000 of outside earnings No wonder people don't vote

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    That’ll be why, having been the best performing country in the G7 prior to the Referendum, we are now the worst.
    Who says so? That well known left wing rabble rouser...Mark Carney!
    But if you know better......?
    On Carney, I do but only marginally by a few degrees of separation as you know. Those closer only reinforce my belief that I shouldn't even trust him with my daughter's pocket money. Allegedly.

Regarding performance, I'll talk at micro level not quote from the press. Here are the ten businesses I'm most acquainted with at present:

Automotive R&D Development. Funded by a non-EU parent, no discernable Brexit impact, struggling to obtain R&D engineers from anywhere worldwide simply due to the rate of change, currently recuiting in two from Germany and two from Spain
    Property Agency. Highly geared on HS2, minimal Brexit impact, scrambling for the big money already flowing on this
    Major public works projects design and build. See above
    Aerospace design/make. Sensibly, Brexit impact already accounted for in pure financial and operational terms. The only problem here will be gearing back up if there is NOT a no deal Brexit
    Equestrian. The burst bubble of private horse ownership is the big driver, no discernible Brexit impact
    Arable farming. Hit by increased cost of the preferred brand of machinery (although not an EU brand) deferred new purchases by a year. No EU migrant issues because by coincidence it looks like (in their case) there is more benefit in automation than cheap labour
    Print publishing. Totally buggered up by the move from print to online, no discernible Brexit impact
    Small-scale property development. Hamstrung by lack of trustworthy tradespeople (and experience of EU tradespeople hasn't been good), there MAY be a big impact here if Carney and Co soothesay a property crash on us

the above isnt intended as a Swale-type rant, but shows that down at the sharp end, actual businesses are taking the measures they need to, attempting (and for the most part managing to) 'survive and prosper'. There are also many many other issues out there that businesses need to account for, of which Brexit is only one, if at all. As I've alluded to before, if UK Govt had handed the job from the bureaucrats and politicians to some real people (ie businessmen), we'd have had a deal a long long time ago

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    RA The truth is already known if you read the Sunday Times It just shows the state of our country's politics when May makes Geoffrey Cox Attorney General this the man who tried to claim 49p for milk.Who happens to be the highest paid MP He's the man who brought the amendment against changing the law to stop Rental homes being fit for purpose and got it thrown out. In 2014 he was found to be investing in Phoenix Film Partners LLC. Which HMRC said was a tax avoidance scheme HMRC came to an agreement for a 're payment agreement with him and others involved. In 2016 the House of Commons standards commitee of which he was a member was found guilty of failing to declare £400,000 of outside earnings No wonder people don't vote
    Can’t and wouldn’t want to argue with any of that, mista. Except perhaps the last bit...perhaps that’s why people should vote...to smash the two party political cartel system and reintroduce some decency and common sense. If UKIP could have an impact - however thankfully short lived - surely some intelligent, reasonable, moderate and compassionate cross-Party politicians can bring the country to its senses.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Can’t and wouldn’t want to argue with any of that, mista. Except perhaps the last bit...perhaps that’s why people should vote...to smash the two party political cartel system and reintroduce some decency and common sense. If UKIP could have an impact - however thankfully short lived - surely some intelligent, reasonable, moderate and compassionate cross-Party politicians can bring the country to its senses.
    RA I suggested that by way of the Lib Dems holding the balance of power and you dismissed the idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    I'm already building Becher's Brook!!!

I think you already know my answer to that, The EU are taking the piss. If she stays we don't get what we voted for, she needs replacing by someone who believes in Brexit and quick.. The only good thing to happen if she does get her way is Farage will be back on the scene, hopefully to finish what he started! Are you with May, she is a remainer after all?
    Looks like I'm wrong about Farage being back on the scene, the principled man has quit UKIP as he's disgusted in the fact that Batten has appointed former English Defence League leader Tommy Robinson as a UKIP adviser.
    Last edited by Manofpride; 05-12-2018 at 12:41 AM.

RA your so right We desperately need a centrist party in this country Politics is in the gutter at the moment I would find it hard to vote for any of them at the moment Will definitely not vote if a second referendum is called

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    RA I suggested that by way of the Lib Dems holding the balance of power and you dismissed the idea?
    I don’t think I did...sounds like a misunderstanding of some sort to me.

Farage...a ‘principled man’...MoP? Now I know you’ve been taking the **** for the last 29 months!

What’s the point of not voting, mista? Should the opportunity arise, you’re an intelligent principled guy who knows what’s going on...isn’t it your ‘duty’ to make your opinion count on this one issue at least?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 05-12-2018 at 09:22 AM.

I have to say I wouldn't bother voting in a second referendum myself. Out of principle. We've already had one

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I have to say I wouldn't bother voting in a second referendum myself. Out of principle. We've already had one
    Thought better of you GP. What’s the ‘principle’ exactly and what the hell is undemocratic about having a second referendum where the rules aren’t broken and the public are better informed?

Page 385 of 921 FirstFirst ... 285335375383384385386387395435485885 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)