+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transfers and Rumours Summer 2024

Transfers and Rumours Summer 2024

Well someone had to start this thread so here we go, 3 months of unsubstantiated rumour, media click bait, some genuine info and some idle speculation. All good fun over the summer and of course come September rA will bemoan the missing pieces of the jigsaw and predict we will go down!!

My starter for 10

Adams from Cardiff on a permanent transfer.

Thierry Small 19 LB from Charlton

There was also a suggestion of Tomkins who has left Palace on a free, but that's on the basis he once played a few loan games for us - I mean we wont be spending the wages he requires on a 35 year old, no matter what his experience.

Adams from Cardiff? Why on earth would you think that one?

There's some 18 year old striker, currently at the 'Heed who had an assist, scored a goal and then hit the winning penalty in the shootout... hope we take a good, long look at him in the summer and don't dismiss him purely because of his age...

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post

Thierry Small 19 LB from Charlton
    He is out of contract this summer but Charlton have a 1 year option they can trigger. They have, reportedly, been talking to the lad (or rather his agent) over a 3 year deal on a higher wage than he currently is on. If that is true then he would attract a transfer fee, if the option is triggered. The various transfer market sites value him at £750K. Would that be enough for Charlton to sell? We shall see.

The lad debuted at 16 for Everton, moved to Soton when he hit 17. Mutually agreed contract termination last February. Cause unknown. So, why did he leave Soton? Not good enough for their level? Trouble? Who knows?

The big question to me is, do we need a left back, especially an unproven one or even one at all. It would not surprise me to see us go with a back 3 which would see us not needing a 3rd left back/LWB as we already have Sibs and Elder for those roles unless the idea is to free Sibs for the AM role. That would also bring into play the need for having Ryan Nyambe in the squad...

Back 4 for me sees Nels and Cash in the central roles. Back 3 sees Bradley come into the reckoning,

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    He is out of contract this summer but Charlton have a 1 year option they can trigger. They have, reportedly, been talking to the lad (or rather his agent) over a 3 year deal on a higher wage than he currently is on. If that is true then he would attract a transfer fee, if the option is triggered. The various transfer market sites value him at £750K. Would that be enough for Charlton to sell? We shall see.

The lad debuted at 16 for Everton, moved to Soton when he hit 17. Mutually agreed contract termination last February. Cause unknown. So, why did he leave Soton? Not good enough for their level? Trouble? Who knows?

The big question to me is, do we need a left back, especially an unproven one or even one at all. It would not surprise me to see us go with a back 3 which would see us not needing a 3rd left back/LWB as we already have Sibs and Elder for those roles unless the idea is to free Sibs for the AM role. That would also bring into play the need for having Ryan Nyambe in the squad...

Back 4 for me sees Nels and Cash in the central roles. Back 3 sees Bradley come into the reckoning,
    I guess iF Fozzy leaves and Elder is injury prone then cover at LB/LWB would be required. Also will Sibs be here?

I guess iF Fozzy leaves and Elder is injury prone then cover at LB/LWB would be required. Also will Sibs be here?
    I'm going on that premise.

So Jonson Clarke-Harris, the guy with 3 surnames!! Has been released by Posh a striker who has played and scored goals in the championship but if he is not good enough for Posh, he is not good enough for Derby except as a back up maybe.

Herbie Kane ST from Barnsley another rumour.

Josh Windass ST rom the Owls another name mentioned.

Bosun Lawal, a midfielder who was on loan at Fleetwood from Celtic, is another name, despite Fleetwood being relegated, he is said to be a good creative midfielder who scores goals and ready for a step up in division.

So Jonson Clarke-Harris, the guy with 3 surnames!! Has been released by Posh a striker who has played and scored goals in the championship but if he is not good enough for Posh, he is not good enough for Derby except as a back up maybe.

Herbie Kane ST from Barnsley another rumour.

Josh Windass ST rom the Owls another name mentioned.

Bosun Lawal, a midfielder who was on loan at Fleetwood from Celtic, is another name, despite Fleetwood being relegated, he is said to be a good creative midfielder who scores goals and ready for a step up in division.
    Correction, Kane from Barnsley is a midfielder and touted as a good replacement for Bird and available on a free.

We won't win anything with H Kane playing for us....

Here's a roundup of rumour and guesses from the past 24 hours or so

Player Club Position Claimant
    Alfie May Charlton Striker derbycounty.news
    Alfie May Charlton Striker lifestyleroom.net
    David Kasumu Huddersfield Midfield the72
    Di'Shon Bernard Sheff Wed Centre Half EFL Hub on twitter
    Herbie Kane Barnsley Midfield derbycounty.news
    Herbie Kane Barnsley Midfield the72
    Herbie Kane Barnsley Midfield Derbyshire Live
    Herbie Kane Barnsley Midfield insidefutbol
    Herbie Kane Barnsley Midfield lifestyleroom.net
    James Tomkins Palace Centre Half FootballLeagueWorld
    Jonson Clarke-Harris Peterborough Striker Derbyshire Live
    Josh Windass Sheff Wed Striker derbycounty.news
    Josh Windass Sheff Wed Striker footballfancast
    Josh Windass Sheff Wed Striker lifestyleroom.net
    Lewis Warrington Everton Midfield the72
    Luca Connell Barnsley Midfield FootballLeagueWorld
    Thierry Small Charlton Left Back FootballLeagueWorld
    Thierry Small Charlton Left Back londonworld.com
    Last edited by MadAmster; 15-05-2024 at 10:29 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)