+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 401 of 922 FirstFirst ... 301351391399400401402403411451501901 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,010 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    I'm proud of the nation realising leaving the EU is the way to go and proved it by voting to leave and winning that vote (the people have spoken), regarding Warnock we all have a right to free speech. He did sound off a bit, a little like the remainers Soubry! Both believe in what they spout but they could have put their views a little better!
    Oh c’mon MoP, ‘the people have spoken’...well if they have they’re bloody confused!
    As for Warnock’s, ‘to hell with the rest of the World’...typical ‘little Englander’ remark from an underrated football manager and an apparently overrated human being.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Oh c’mon MoP, ‘the people have spoken’...well if they have they’re bloody confused!
    As for Warnock’s, ‘to hell with the rest of the World’...typical ‘little Englander’ remark from an underrated football manager and an apparently overrated human being.
    You've done it again RA, intimating that Brexiters are feeble minded compared to Remainers. Now, 'Ill informed' I'd go with, and that lays blame at the door of those in positions of power/influence not those who made a decision based on what info they had.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    You've done it again RA, intimating that Brexiters are feeble minded compared to Remainers. Now, 'Ill informed' I'd go with, and that lays blame at the door of those in positions of power/influence not those who made a decision based on what info they had.
    With the greatest of respect Mr.F, I’m pleading not guilty this time.
    I haven’t mentioned Brexiteers at all. I’ve made two suggestions...the first questioning MoP’s assertion that the ‘people have spoken’ in any thing other than a totally confused way, which is simply true...the ‘people’ are divided.
    The second suggestion is that Warnock’s ‘to hell with the rest of the World’ is the worst of the ‘Little Englander’ mentality which is true...it’s classic nationalistic ‘I’m alright Jack’ and the man should be ashamed of his outburst imo.
    There is nothing in what I’ve written that has anything to do with ‘Brexiteers being feeble minded compared to Remainers’. Perhaps it’s your own agenda that makes it seem that way...I seem to remember apologising when I was out of order.

The people who voted to leave are not confused, we got what we voted for even if the remainers are trying everything in their power to overturn the peoples majority vote. It might make you remainers feel better to get your victory but the remainers vote was lost. Also you and the rest of the remainers might not be proud to be an Englander but I am. There is nothing wrong with wanting and having an identity. People in this Country are afraid to be patriotic in case the racist card comes out. If remainers get their way we'll be waving blue flags with stars on at the next world cup!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    The people who voted to leave are not confused, we got what we voted for even if the remainers are trying everything in their power to overturn the peoples majority vote. It might make you remainers feel better to get your victory but the remainers vote was lost. Also you and the rest of the remainers might not be proud to be an Englander but I am. There is nothing wrong with wanting and having an identity. People in this Country are afraid to be patriotic in case the racist card comes out. If remainers get their way we'll be waving blue flags with stars on at the next world cup!
    Sorry MoP but that’s complete rubbish imo.

1) I haven’t said the people who voted Leave are confused. You suggested the ‘the people have spoken’ in an attempt to imply that the 37% of the electorate are ‘the people’. They aren’t and any ‘voice of the people’ has to include Leavers, Remainers and those who, for whatever reason, didn’t vote. Fact is...the ‘voice of the people’ is confused and completely divided.

2) To suggest that Remainers are not proud to be English is offensive nonsense. Likewise to claim that Remainers want nothing to do with national identity is equally nonsensical. Speaking personally I am proud of many things that are synonymous with England and I take huge delight in our national teams performing well. What I am not is the kind of flag waving jingoistic nationalist who believes that we are somehow superior to other nations.

3) Patriotism takes many forms. You’ll find few people more ‘patriotic’ than me when it comes to, for instance, England performing in the Rugby or Football World Cups or playing the Aussies at cricket but I want nothing to do with decrying other nations in the way that all too many football fans tend to do at Wembley when choosing to boo the opposition anthem probably in the guise of misplaced patriotism.

Unfortunately ‘patriotism’ tends to have become all too wrapped up in ‘racism’ as is all too obvious from such overtly racist organisations as the NF and the BNP and individuals like Tommy Robinson using the Union Jack and the Cross of St.George to identify their cause. That’s what is so sad but it is both totally wrong and divisive of you to claim that those who wish to remain in Europe are in any way lacking in ‘patriotism’...in it’s healthiest sense of course.

With the greatest of respect Mr.F, I’m pleading not guilty this time.
    I haven’t mentioned Brexiteers at all. I’ve made two suggestions...the first questioning MoP’s assertion that the ‘people have spoken’ in any thing other than a totally confused way, which is simply true...the ‘people’ are divided.
    The second suggestion is that Warnock’s ‘to hell with the rest of the World’ is the worst of the ‘Little Englander’ mentality which is true...it’s classic nationalistic ‘I’m alright Jack’ and the man should be ashamed of his outburst imo.
    There is nothing in what I’ve written that has anything to do with ‘Brexiteers being feeble minded compared to Remainers’. Perhaps it’s your own agenda that makes it seem that way...I seem to remember apologising when I was out of order.
    I think Brexiters are exactly who you meant, why would you refer to Remainers as confused? But I'll accept your different interpretation of your comment, after all you are a Ram not a politician

As for an agenda, I don't have one (or at least not the one you think) but I do like to tease out the issues, its just a shame there is only you and the incoherant, inaccurate Swale with similar POVs

I think Brexiters are exactly who you meant, why would you refer to Remainers as confused? But I'll accept your different interpretation of your comment, after all you are a Ram not a politician

As for an agenda, I don't have one (or at least not the one you think) but I do like to tease out the issues, its just a shame there is only you and the incoherant, inaccurate Swale with similar POVs

Incoherent, from someone who criticises the BBC on the basis they allow the expression of views that don't concur with yours? Thats laughable and reflects your rather confused and incoherent views which you hold!

Inaccurate? really, when you spout so much inaccurate tosh based on your narrow view of the world, how on earth would you know? But do enlighten me as to where I've been inaccurate?

As for Patriotism, well its obviously unpatriotic to want a country to thrive, for its people to have the best opportunities they can and to understand that being isolationist in this age is unrealistic, globalisation has happened, no amount of wishing for the past is going to make it come back.

I can guess what's behind the ****s and thanks for keeping up your record of resorting to name calling within a few sentences of making your return. OJ and yourself come from a very similar mould
    Don't come holier than thou with me! You called an intelligent commentator, who has more of a clue than you have of the situation a ****, so the sobriquet is appropriate!

You show exactly where you stand when you make snide remarks about diversity as if its a bad thing that there is an attempt to have a level playing field for people who have talent. ye gods your hypocrisy is so nauseating.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Don't come holier than thou with me! You called an intelligent commentator, who has more of a clue than you have of the situation a ****, so the sobriquet is appropriate!

You show exactly where you stand when you make snide remarks about diversity as if its a bad thing that there is an attempt to have a level playing field for people who have talent. ye gods your hypocrisy is so nauseating.
    Take a breath Swale and then take some grace under pressure lessons off Ramanag.

Have you resolved that GDP conundrum yet?
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 14-01-2019 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Yes Swale. That is exactly the point.

ACTING IN PARTNERSHIP ECONOMICALLY!!

There is absolutely no need for this headlong rush to a US of E that started as a walk in the 60s, moved slowly through the gears via trot, pace and canter, where it is now and before too long will become a fully fledged gallop. No need at all.

The US of E is merely a part of globalisation. Rules, regs and Laws designed to put ever more money and power in the hands of a very few people to the detriment of the rest of us.

Merkel has said so lauding the arrival of a NWO as something good and great which, IMO, it isn't.
    Funny that as EU members we have critica vetos which would keep us from that path, but hey ho - when the right leaning deregulatory low wage low tax and **** the majority of the population have their way, then and only then may people think mm the EU wasn't so bad after all - leaving it doesn't solve any problems, it creates more.

Page 401 of 922 FirstFirst ... 301351391399400401402403411451501901 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)