+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 159 of 922 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209259659 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

What did you teach ramAnag? My sideline is music tuition, my peers are mostly hardline left wingers who fit the remainer stereotype, but some are smart enough to think beyond what they read in the Guardian and make their own opinion either way. Sadly, I think some people like to be part of a special crowd, rather than consider the dilemma put forward.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    I know a lesbian long term unemployed BNP member who voted remain. These things happen
    You sure you do Rog...one of those would be as rare as rocking horse poo. Think it must be that cold you were bleating about making you even more cynical than usual.

My point was that it is perhaps not just the allegedly naive idealists amongst us that seek to 'Remain', here was an example of a hard bitten self employed business man, and I don't meet many of them, predicting an economic and business nightmare ahead. For what it's worth, he has decided to aim more for the 'higher end' of the market because he believes that those on more of a 'budget' will, for some considerable time to come, have even less in terms of disposable income.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 16-12-2016 at 01:52 PM.

Aiming for the higher end budget wise? Ah that makes sense piching to a teacher with an ironclad inflation proof pension!! ���� Only kidding

[QUOTE=roger_ramjet;38361576]Aiming for the higher end budget wise? Ah that makes sense piching to a teacher with an ironclad inflation proof pension!! ���� Only kidding[/QUOTE

Really? Don't remember being able to blame teachers for the financial crash, but aren't you in finance or some sort of banker - other consonants are available. Only kidding.

[QUOTE=ramAnag;38361649]
    Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Aiming for the higher end budget wise? Ah that makes sense piching to a teacher with an ironclad inflation proof pension!! ���� Only kidding[/QUOTE

Really? Don't remember being able to blame teachers for the financial crash, but aren't you in finance or some sort of banker - other consonants are available. Only kidding.
    But, who taught the bankers in the first place?

Only kidding!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    As someone who perhaps represents everything the more extreme Brexiteers despise...slightly left of centre/social conscience/former teacher etc...(although I am hetero***ual and white so might get away with it )...I was beginning to think it was just me - and Swale - who remain wholly opposed to Brexit. Yesterday however I had a guy come round to my house to look at some work that needs doing. Nice man...everything that Brexit is meant to stand for...self employed, small business owner, 'home grown', been doing well for the last few years entirely on the back of hard work, commitment and a thorough understanding of his trade. His take on Brexit, in a conversation which he instigated, 'blooming disastrous...welcome to twenty years of hell.'
    Take it the guy got the job then ranAnag. Canny bloke working out you were a remainer and agreeing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by ramspride View Post
    Take it the guy got the job then ranAnag. Canny bloke working out you were a remainer and agreeing with you.
    Lol...what a suspicious mind you have RP. Actually it was at the end of the 'business dealings' and a deal had already been struck. He was just talking about how his business had grown in recent years and how he hadn't been touched by the most recent recession but was genuinely concerned about the impact of Brexit. As far as he was concerned we had 'shot ourselves in the foot' and his take was that the least well off were likely to be the most vulnerable. Let's hope he's wrong...personally I doubt it.

Young people Adi, but seriously...mainly English with bits of Games and History until I moved into the management side at which point you can forget about teaching and just move onto Ofsted target achieving. Unlike your 'peers' I'd like to think I don't conform to any 'stereotype'.

I guess all your Brexiteers won't be having sprouts tomorrow, well you wouldn't touch a veg with Brussels in the name surely?? Happy Christmas!

Equally you remainers wont be wanting Turkey on that basis....although will be looking invitingly you wont be able to decide how much to pay for it.

Prefer british beef myself!!

Page 159 of 922 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209259659 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)