+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 362 of 922 FirstFirst ... 262312352360361362363364372412462862 ... LastLast
Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Then you really do not ave a clue, sure it will be a bad deal for the EU, but it will be catastrophic for the UK - and yes the Uk could decline to have a hard border, Ireland however will have one - seriously if your going to comment please ensure you have some idea about the facts!
    That doesn't even make sense. You have long enough between these occasional interventions, try to be clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    No I'm talking about Arlene who oversaw (lol) the Irish energy scheme, which due to a ****up of biblical (sic) proportions massively incentivised people (who signed up before the loophole was noticed) to waste energy. 'Ash For Cash'. My aunt Bridie isn't actually on the scheme but I have a number of fb contacts raking it in

On a related note, the BBC are reporting that, based on a study they commissioned, 37% of the nation believe UK economy will be worse off in the long term. So by your reasoning, with 63% NOT thinking we'll be worse off, wehay! bring it on!
    Bring it on Andy? You mean end the benefits of 750+ treaties many allowing us to trade freely with the EU and about forty other non EU countries and others covering such ***** issues as air worthiness, driving licences, travel, citizens’ rights and food safety.
    Grand idea...as your Aunt Bridie, but very few others, might say.
    Not one of your better posts imo, especially as you freely admit, in any second referendum, you’d vote ‘Remain’!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Bring it on Andy? You mean end the benefits of 750+ treaties many allowing us to trade freely with the EU and about forty other non EU countries and others covering such ***** issues as air worthiness, driving licences, travel, citizens’ rights and food safety.
    Grand idea...as your Aunt Bridie, but very few others, might say.
    Not one of your better posts imo, especially as you freely admit, in any second referendum, you’d vote ‘Remain’!
    Sorry RA, it was just a bit of flippancy in response to the wearisome 37% argument. I'm just a bit disheartened not by the debate as such because GOOD debate is healthy, but by the way its hardened people, entrenched opinions and set friend against friend. Despite being a 'Remainer' by vote, I've been pretty appalled by the behaviour of many Remainers, particularly in casting Leavers as in some way 'thick' - we have amongst our small band on FM a number of posters who either voted Leave or understand the Leave perspective who are a long way from being thick, yet if they offered their views in many forums I've visited, they would be pilloried wthout any chance of developing an argument. Its not helped by almost all media outlets having 'taken a stance', including my long standing hobby horse the BBC which has developed an undertone of dismissiveness, in fact almost a mocking tone, towards Leavers (and right-leaning people) over the last three or so years that I have been soaking up the media. But there is entrenchment and bigotry on both/all sides. [/QUOTE]

Sorry RA, it was just a bit of flippancy in response to the wearisome 37% argument. I'm just a bit disheartened not by the debate as such because GOOD debate is healthy, but by the way its hardened people, entrenched opinions and set friend against friend. Despite being a 'Remainer' by vote, I've been pretty appalled by the behaviour of many Remainers, particularly in casting Leavers as in some way 'thick' - we have amongst our small band on FM a number of posters who either voted Leave or understand the Leave perspective who are a long way from being thick, yet if they offered their views in many forums I've visited, they would be pilloried wthout any chance of developing an argument. Its not helped by almost all media outlets having 'taken a stance', including my long standing hobby horse the BBC which has developed an undertone of dismissiveness, in fact almost a mocking tone, towards Leavers (and right-leaning people) over the last three or so years that I have been soaking up the media. But there is entrenchment and bigotry on both/all sides.
    [/QUOTE]

I think I’ve made a point of not referring to those who voted ‘Leave’ as ‘thick’ Andy, although I do hold the view that the majority of the public are too ignorant and uninformed for a decision of this magnitude to have ever been put to a popular vote.
    Unfortunately your ‘bring it on’ message is one seriously shared by a number of ‘Leavers’ and while you may be being ‘flippant’ there are others who, despite all the evidence, are adamant in their belief that this is exactly what we should do.
    Of course there will be ‘Remainers’ who have behaved in an objectionable way however exactly the same is true of some ‘Leavers’ as was especially true in the immediate aftermath of the Referendum.
    I never understand your anti BBC tirades, compared with Fox and CNN over here they provide the epitome of fair and balanced coverage and I too can only mock those anywhere near the far right (as opposed to ‘right leaning’). They may not be ‘thick’ but they are, by definition, a collection of intolerant, reactionary bigots who are totally lacking in terms of decency and compassion and have sadly found a hopefully temporary mouthpiece in the likes of Trump and Farage.

compared with Fox and CNN over here[/QUOTE]

Are you still in the States then?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    compared with Fox and CNN over here
    Are you still in the States then?[/QUOTE]

Well spotted! I’ll pm you.

I never understand your anti BBC tirades, [/QUOTE]

Not actually Brexit-related, but the complete shambles they've made of the Radio 2 evening schedule by their clumsy attempt to to be PC is my current exhibit 'A' for the prosecution. And despite the warm words from those concerned, one of the DJs is in a rage about it, and 'saw my ultimate fate coming from day 1'. Provenance for this pretty cast-iron which I will PM you if you wish.

I never understand your anti BBC tirades,
    Not actually Brexit-related, but the complete shambles they've made of the Radio 2 evening schedule by their clumsy attempt to to be PC is my current exhibit 'A' for the prosecution. And despite the warm words from those concerned, one of the DJs is in a rage about it, and 'saw my ultimate fate coming from day 1'. Provenance for this pretty cast-iron which I will PM you if you wish.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, tbh I have no idea what you’re talking about.
    I’m sure they’ve made mistakes and I’m equally sure many of their employees are vastly over paid. So are the majority of footballers but that doesn’t stop me going to watch football.
    As a news provider I believe they do a decent and impartial job and I enjoy and admire many of their productions.
    I don’t agree that the BBC has ‘developed a mocking tone’ towards Leavers but let’s face it...SOME Leavers and Ukippers don’t need to be presented in a ‘mocking way’...they just open their mouths.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    As a news provider I believe they do a decent and impartial job and I enjoy and admire many of their productions.
    In summary I agree with the second bit but no longer with the first bit

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8599586.html

Don’t have to read it all but it might be interesting to learn which clan we belong to apart from the DCFC one.
    I’ll share mine if and when others do.

Page 362 of 922 FirstFirst ... 262312352360361362363364372412462862 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)