+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 373 of 922 FirstFirst ... 273323363371372373374375383423473873 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,730 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

It seems Imelda has taken a leaf out of the Andy Faber household management handbook and applied it to the country as a whole - success is making everyone in your orbit hate you equally. I fell sorry for her, it’s not as if she’ll cut it on strictly come dancing after her career in politics

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    It seems Imelda has taken a leaf out of the Andy Faber household management handbook and applied it to the country as a whole - success is making everyone in your orbit hate you equally. I fell sorry for her, it’s not as if she’ll cut it on strictly come dancing after her career in politics
    Unlike Anne Widdecombe, Andy, she’s guaranteed at least £123,000 pa - as a former PM - for the rest of her natural. Don’t feel too sorry for her. Poor Home Secretary, terrible PM - admittedly in an impossible situation - and a gold plated pension...she won’t need ‘Strictly’.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Unlike Anne Widdecombe, Andy, she’s guaranteed at least £123,000 pa - as a former PM - for the rest of her natural. Don’t feel too sorry for her. Poor Home Secretary, terrible PM - admittedly in an impossible situation - and a gold plated pension...she won’t need ‘Strictly’.
    I decided to take no notice of any partisan outlets regarding the ‘deal’ (which meant no Laura kuenssberg tonight thank God) and it looks to me like the general feeling is that this is an OK deal.

To cross link to another thread, she would need 40 years of that pension before she gets close to a Scudamore leaving present level. Oh yes and his pension, which doubtless is more than a mere 123k is on top of that.

No matter how well you think she did in her roles, don't you think her job is a tad more socially important than flogging football TV rights?

To digress even more, I don’t think 123k is excessive but I do think all public sector exec jobs should earn less, uni heads being a good start.

What...you mean they might murder another pro-Remain MP and start abusing and attacking those they identify as immigrants like two years ago, pie? (None of that’s a joke by the way.)
    You said that I didn't.
    The Labour Party members don't bother attacking immigrants they are happy to attack and abuse British Jews,who also don't find it amusing.

So far I've read the first 100 of 585 pages and there is absolutely no substance in those first 100 pages. Just defining who is included in it, how they shall be referred to in the rest of the document etc etc etc.

Busy day today so I might not get to read much of it today. Probably finish reading it tomorrow.

For those interested enough...... here it is in its full glory https://ec.europa.eu/commission/site...e9v_DP_fIUXR_Q

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    To cross link to another thread, she would need 40 years of that pension before she gets close to a Scudamore leaving present level. Oh yes and his pension, which doubtless is more than a mere 123k is on top of that.

No matter how well you think she did in her roles, don't you think her job is a tad more socially important than flogging football TV rights?
    I absolutely do GP...100% agree...but that doesn’t mean I agree with individuals getting that sort of annual income for the rest of their lives once they’ve retired/resigned/been defeated. I mean...Cameron...the man who has almost single handedly screwed the country now gets at least £123k pa from the public purse forever! Can that be right?

I wasn’t talking about salaries, Andy...I’m talking about financial entitlements for former PM’s.

1961 pie...I’m not a Labour Party member and I don’t rate Corbyn. I’ll admit I’d be happy to see Keir Starmer in Downing Street and I suspect the anti semitism argument to be a bit of an anti Labour/JC smokescreen but tbh I don’t know enough about it.
    What I do know is that those who oppose Brexit have taken a lot of flack...’undemocratic’, ‘opposing the Will of the people’, ‘Remoaners’ etc...while those who hurl such accusations are all too quick to forget the murder of Jo Cox by a right wing extremist and the atrocious behaviour by some Brexiteers in the days immediately following the Referendum result.

As ever and with all three of these replies...two wrongs don’t make a right.

I really do not get the relevance of the lone actions of one person in killing an MP to the debate. The actions of one mentally questionable individual who happened to support one side in a 2 horse race should not tarnish the actions of many people who have made a considered decision to favour Brexit. If this be the case should all marines or alldicorcees be villified for the actions of one person in Thousand Oaks?

To cite the killing of jo Cox as one of the reasons that the Brexit vote was wrong and should be revisited is opportunistic at best and frankly an irrelevance

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I really do not get the relevance of the lone actions of one person in killing an MP to the debate. The actions of one mentally questionable individual who happened to support one side in a 2 horse race should not tarnish the actions of many people who have made a considered decision to favour Brexit. If this be the case should all marines or alldicorcees be villified for the actions of one person in Thousand Oaks?

To cite the killing of jo Cox as one of the reasons that the Brexit vote was wrong and should be revisited is opportunistic at best and frankly an irrelevance
    Sorry GP...wasn’t aware that I’d ever cited ‘the killing of Jo Cox as one of the reasons that the Brexit vote was wrong’ and neither do I know of anyone else who has.
    My point is...I get sick and tired of hearing how unhelpful the ‘Remain’ mentality is (because it is tiresome and repetitive) from people - not you - who chose to conveniently ignore certain behaviour from the admittedly more extreme Brexiteers.
    I also thought the input from the likes of John Redwood and others on the Tory right this morning was as unhelpful and unrealistic as it is possible to be.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 15-11-2018 at 01:27 PM.

Page 373 of 922 FirstFirst ... 273323363371372373374375383423473873 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)