+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 404 of 922 FirstFirst ... 304354394402403404405406414454504904 ... LastLast
Results 4,031 to 4,040 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Here is the latest news on the Brexit debate. It seems a Tory whip has resigned because "the deal leaves the UK perpetually constrained by the EU". As I have written before, the deal has the UK in whilst being out. IN freedom of movement, IN a Customs Union and those are two things Mayhem has spent the past 2 years telling us woldn't happen but now it seems that it is the best deal possible.

In out, in out, shake it all about Theresa.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/ne...8HvkUQ_IeI2-RA

No deal is better than a bad deal and a bad deal is what we have. Lets just leave and get on with it. I don't agree with another vote as it could end up being the best of 3, unless Brexiteers won again then the remainers would want the best of 5!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    No deal is better than a bad deal and a bad deal is what we have. Lets just leave and get on with it. I don't agree with another vote as it could end up being the best of 3, unless Brexiteers won again then the remainers would want the best of 5!
    ‘I don’t agree with another vote’. Really? You amaze me. Couldn’t possibly have anything to do with you thinking you might lose could it?

I never thought I'd say it, but the DUP guy interviewed on BBC2 just now talked an awful lot of sense post vote

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    ‘I don’t agree with another vote’. Really? You amaze me. Couldn’t possibly have anything to do with you thinking you might lose could it?
    That sums up the whole sorry mess. It (the referendum) should never have been couched in terms of win or lose...

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    That sums up the whole sorry mess. It (the referendum) should never have been couched in terms of win or lose...
    I hear what you’re saying Andy, but surely the real problem was that an enormously complex issue was ‘couched’ in ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ terms.
    That massive over simplification, coupled with Cameron using it as a means to solve his own Party’s problems has cost our country a fortune and continues to make us a laughing stock.

One step nearer to No Brexit. Always said I would believe it when I saw it. I still don't think we will see Brexit happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Cameron
    Agreed, he should be made to explain himself on network TV

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I've really got to take you to task over the sh*t you're shovelling on GDP here Swale. I don't think you understand what the supposed 17% your possibly real contact gave you means, and whether you do or not, pitching it into a conversation with no context is just a Boy Scout version of project fear. It does nothing without context other than to spread uncertainty, so lets go back to basics and work out whether you mean 17 percentage POINTS ie the GDP rise would have been nearly 21% over ten quarters without Brexit (impossible), or 17% of the increase so 4.5% over the time period instead of 3.9 (possible, and yes sort of concerning, but also a bit lost in the rounding when the hot summer for instance had a significant impact on GDP too). Or something else
    I love been taken to task by someone who thinks a mature comment is calling someone a **** and then criticises me for responding in kind!

Forgive if having seen the ****e you post, I don't actually give much credence to your criticism or indeed observations!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Really? Do you have any idea what leaving with a no deal would mean? The impact it would have economically? Sure it would not be quite the chaos that those who over egg the negative sides of Brexit, but it would be a certain way of tipping the UK into a recession but maybe that would not affect you and so would be worth it for this obscure principle of patriotism - quite how its patriotic to do damage to the country and cause problems for large numbers of its citizens I can't fathom but maybe someone will enlighten me?

Page 404 of 922 FirstFirst ... 304354394402403404405406414454504904 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)