+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 402 of 922 FirstFirst ... 302352392400401402403404412452502902 ... LastLast
Results 4,011 to 4,020 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Take a breath Swale and then take some grace under pressure lessons off Ramanag.

Have you resolved that GDP conundrum yet?
    Not a conundrum, based the decline of sterling, lack of investment in the UK and the shifting of thousands of jobs and economic activity to other countries and the source is a ell placed person in a major financial institution whom I deal with every day. The blow to the Uk economy which would not have happened but for the Brexit vote is a 17% reduction.

AS for grace lessons of Anag, WTF? Why not take a breath yourself and think before you post?

I've really got to take you to task over the sh*t you're shovelling on GDP here Swale. I don't think you understand what the supposed 17% your possibly real contact gave you means, and whether you do or not, pitching it into a conversation with no context is just a Boy Scout version of project fear. It does nothing without context other than to spread uncertainty, so lets go back to basics and work out whether you mean 17 percentage POINTS ie the GDP rise would have been nearly 21% over ten quarters without Brexit (impossible), or 17% of the increase so 4.5% over the time period instead of 3.9 (possible, and yes sort of concerning, but also a bit lost in the rounding when the hot summer for instance had a significant impact on GDP too). Or something else

Swale. You miss the point. Globalisation is a forerunner of the NWO. Merkel has recently stated that the EU is moving towards the NWO. More and more money and power in fewer and fewer hands and the rest of us end up working more hours per week for more years prior to retiring if retirement is still an option in 20 years time.

No criticism of particular countries or particular religions regardless of how wrong they may be in what they do. Total control of your life out of your hands. That is where we are heading.

THAT is where the elite, the 1%, the multinational companies want the likes of you and I. THAT is what I don't want to happen to my kids and any grandkid I might have at some time in the future. THAT is why I am totally against a political EU but in favour of a free trade area. I am surprised that you haven't gleaned that from my previous posts on this matter. Return to 1991 pre the Maastricht agreement and I would happily stay in the EEC. Destroying the EU is the way to ensure our offspring having the sort of freedom I had when I started work almost 50 years ago.
    Last edited by MadAmster; 14-01-2019 at 07:57 AM.

According to the beeb, Mayhem has said Parliament is more likely to block Brexit than sanction a no Deal Brexit.

I have said all along I will believe Brexit when I see it happen..........

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics...ource=facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I think Brexiters are exactly who you meant, why would you refer to Remainers as confused? But I'll accept your different interpretation of your comment, after all you are a Ram not a politician

As for an agenda, I don't have one (or at least not the one you think) but I do like to tease out the issues, its just a shame there is only you and the incoherant, inaccurate Swale with similar POVs
    Hang on Andy. Having accused me of arrogance, isn’t it just a tad arrogant of you to start telling me what I meant?
    Pot, kettle and black springs to mind here and to clarify...MoP suggested, ‘the people have spoken’ and I challenged that by saying the people are confused and divided. That is just a truism and I wasn’t referring simply to Leavers/Brexiteers at all but to the ‘people’ who imo are the whole of the electorate including those now old enough to vote who were not allowed to in 2016. They are divided and confused as never before.

My objection to Warnock’s statement was his ‘to hell with the rest of the World’ comment. He revealed himself as a small minded, isolationist, politically selfish and stupid individual who was seeking to identify himself with the Brexiteer cause imo. Watch the clip and see if you can interpret it any differently.

Without having the gift of second sight I think it ill becomes you to start telling me what I actually meant and - despite your protestations - you do appear to have an agenda which appears to repeatedly manifest itself as trying to discredit your perception of Remainer arrogance. The irony is that despite the ongoing hostilities between you and Swale you will both, given the opportunity, be voting the same way. Now if that isn’t confused I don’t know what is.

P.S. Please don’t introduce me into your ongoing argument with Swale. For what it’s worth, although we may have a different style, I agree pretty much 100% with Swales’ comments above. His style may be more direct and arguably less subtle than mine, but I doubt there is anyone more knowledgeable about the implications of Brexit on this particular forum than him.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 14-01-2019 at 09:33 AM.

Food for thought?

Name:  EU.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  14.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    According to the beeb, Mayhem has said Parliament is more likely to block Brexit than sanction a no Deal Brexit.

I have said all along I will believe Brexit when I see it happen..........

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics...ource=facebook
    Always been a concern, and very damaging if such a scenario were to ensue.

I apologise for putting words in your mouth, I’ll still go for ill-informed not confused though.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Always been a concern, and very damaging if such a scenario were to ensue.
    ‘Very damaging’, Adi. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    ‘Very damaging’, Adi. Why?
    It would remove all confidence in our politicians, both in government and opposition, from both a voter perspective and an international one, regardless of the leave / remain aspect.

Page 402 of 922 FirstFirst ... 302352392400401402403404412452502902 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)