+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 391 of 922 FirstFirst ... 291341381389390391392393401441491891 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,910 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    What an amazing admission! You’ve spent two years criticising Remainers, sometimes justifiably, for having a go at Brexiteers over their lack of understanding.
    Now you concede...’most people genuinely couldn’t give a toss about the Irish border or the customs union’...and there, perversely, you have nailed it.
    If most people are as you describe...and genuinely ‘couldn’t give a toss’ about those two huge issues and their consequences, then Swale and I, amongst others, have been right all along. The ‘people’ were indeed ignorant of the most relevant facts and the Referendum was flawed from the off.
    No you are REALLY missing my point now - despite having those two issues rammed down their throats ad nauseum, most people STILL couldn't give a toss about them, you (and Swale, seeing as you mentioned him) have been drawn in by the media, certainly on the Irish border issue.

Perhaps Swale sells Irish border control vending machines, no wonder he's a millionaire now. Meanwhile, UK PLC just needs this wrapped up so it can get on with what it does best.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Perhaps Swale sells Irish border control vending machines, no wonder he's a millionaire now. Meanwhile, UK PLC just needs this wrapped up so it can get on with what it does best.
    What does it do best, Adi?

Andy...you must be able to remember the Irish troubles and the impact terrorism had both in NI and in mainland Britain.
    Likewise you recognise the importance of the customs union to the future trading arrangements of our island trading nation.
    I know they’re boring, tedious and about as much fun as a headache but my point is...if, as you have reasonably admitted, people ‘couldn’t give a toss’ then they’re not, and were never, fit to decide the future of this country.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    What does it do best, Adi?

Andy...you must be able to remember the Irish troubles and the impact terrorism had both in NI and in mainland Britain.
    Likewise you recognise the importance of the customs union to the future trading arrangements of our island trading nation.
    I know they’re boring, tedious and about as much fun as a headache but my point is...if, as you have reasonably admitted, people ‘couldn’t give a toss’ then they’re not, and were never, fit to decide the future of this country.
    You're still missing my point, I'm talking about people both sides of the yes/no argument. There's still a MASSIVE disconnect between the issues droned on about in the press and TV and people's ACTUAL lives

I suggested about 1,000 posts ago that if UK leaves EU with no deal it should STILL leave the Irish border open, and dare Ireland/EU to do the same. As a way of smoothing things in this area I think UK could treat those on EITHER side of the border being disadvantaged in any way on a 'goodwill' basis, supporting them with some of the money saved by not 'sending' £167m a week to Brussels, and for that matter some of the DUP bribe.
    Edit: Or increase Swale's tax rate
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 12-12-2018 at 11:36 PM.

The DUP will not go along with NI having different rules to the rest of the UK. They have already said that, on many occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    You're still missing my point, I'm talking about people both sides of the yes/no argument. There's still a MASSIVE disconnect between the issues droned on about in the press and TV and people's ACTUAL lives

I suggested about 1,000 posts ago that if UK leaves EU with no deal it should STILL leave the Irish border open, and dare Ireland/EU to do the same. As a way of smoothing things in this area I think UK could treat those on EITHER side of the border being disadvantaged in any way on a 'goodwill' basis, supporting them with some of the money saved by not 'sending' £167m a week to Brussels, and for that matter some of the DUP bribe.
    Edit: Or increase Swale's tax rate
    With respect, I’m not missing your point any more than you’re avoiding mine. You’ve spent so many posts criticising ‘remainer’ arrogance as regards ‘leaver’ ignorance and yet yesterday you admitted that the majority didn’t give a ‘toss’ about the more complex aspects of Brexit.
    Now you’re further suggesting that there’s a ‘massive disconnect’ between the tedious Brexit issues and peoples’ ‘actual lives’.
    Of course there is...because essentially people aren’t interested in politics...but back in 2016 they were stupidly empowered to simply put a cross next to a choice of monumental complexity and significance for our country.
    I have always maintained that, for various reasons, the majority of people possessed insufficient understanding of the issues to offer an informed opinion/vote. You have vilified those of us who have made such a suggestion, however politely, but you now appear to be accepting that this is correct.
    People ‘don’t give a toss’...there is a ‘huge disconnect’ etc.
    There may be the ‘huge disconnect’ with ‘actual lives’ at present, Andy...because nothing has happened yet. There certainly won’t be if the collection of extremists and inadequates who currently populate Parliament somehow stumble into a ‘no deal Brexit’.

P.S. There must be something about 37%...think this was the number of Tory MP’s who voted against the PM last night.
    Unsurprisingly the sneering toff - Rees Mogg - seems to somehow believe this equates to some sort of victory...again!
    Last edited by ramAnag; 13-12-2018 at 09:47 AM.

Farmers will farm, fishermen will fish, teachers will teach, and people like me will play with spreadsheets. The world will spin and traders will trade. Most of this media lead scaremongering, is quite frankly a load of *******s, but it sells papers, so I suppose they're just doing their bit too

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Farmers will farm, fishermen will fish, teachers will teach, and people like me will play with spreadsheets. The world will spin and traders will trade. Most of this media lead scaremongering, is quite frankly a load of *******s, but it sells papers, so I suppose they're just doing their bit too
    Can you please rewrite that in a way that Ramanag will understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Can you please rewrite that in a way that Ramanag will understand?
    Oh I understand Andy...and it’s not me avoiding...again!
    Perhaps Adi’s statement would make more sense if it read, ‘farmers will farm, fishermen will fish, teachers will teach...and traders will trade’, but with infinitely more difficulty than before.
    As for the media, Adi...it works both ways. Yes there may be some scaremongering on behalf of those who support ‘Remain’ but there hasn’t half been some ‘*******s’ written and spoken on behalf of the Brexiteers, the Daily Telegraph for example has even been recently nicknamed the ‘Daily Boris’.

Honestly, you genuinely won't be able to do your job in 4 months time? I doubt that very much. And anyone directly impacted, eg bidding staff, simply plan for any eventuality at present, and when the leave button is pressed, they'll adjust according to the market they sell in. Politicians will bicker til the cows come home, everyone else will get on with their respected trade

Page 391 of 922 FirstFirst ... 291341381389390391392393401441491891 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)