+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 303 of 922 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313353403803 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Lol...you and me both Baalocks.
    Maybe there’s a fifth way...those in power could recognise that the referendum was only ever ‘advisory’ and agree that, after wasting eigh**** months on seeking a positive way through the Brexit maze, it’s best for all concerned if we just accept that it’s a ‘kin stupid self harming idea and we wish to proceed no further.
    Can’t believe that Mr. Mirage (like that) would ever suggest anything that isn’t firmly rooted in self interest.
    The official government leaflet that was distributed stated that ' This is your decision. The government will implement what you decide'

That doesn't sound advisory to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    The official government leaflet that was distributed stated that ' This is your decision. The government will implement what you decide'

That doesn't sound advisory to me!
    Doesn’t sound as if the NHS is going to get £350m per week either, but...irony of ironies...the sovereignty of Parliament prevents any referendum from being anything other than advisory as, I believe, the High Court has established.

Bizarrely, maybe if the great British public had been told that it was only 'advisory' then maybe the yes vote would have been higher. They may have seen it as an opportunity to give the EU a punch on the nose, but without committing to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    Bizarrely, maybe if the great British public had been told that it was only 'advisory' then maybe the yes vote would have been higher. They may have seen it as an opportunity to give the EU a punch on the nose, but without committing to leave.
    Bizarre indeed. I knew pre the vote that it was advisory, I had heard Cameron say it on many an occasion and then add but I will implement the will......

If someone who has lived abroad since 1984 knew that then how on earth did the "great British public" not know?

My flabber has rarely, if ever, been so gasted.

Because 99.9% couldn't care two frigging hoops at owt politicians say!!! Why?? Cause they are lying tossers!

Cameron told the truth though on this. Said it was advisory, which it was. Said he would abide by it and then resigned as he didn't like the OUT vote and it is, allegedly, being implemented.

Why allegedly? I still don't think it will happen.

Convinced they will come out with a statement that "circumstances have changed so drastically bla bla bla.... only right and proper..... 2nd referendum and these are the proper facts......"

Of course it won't happen!! Everybody's pissed off with the bull**** so, as you say, it will be a case of 'oh, as no ****er knows what they are taking about we'll appoint a commission to review everything to report back in 25 years (or so)and then we'll look at it again!!'

We need Jacob Rees-Mogg to get more involved, would be a great replacement for May and he'd deliver the Brexit that the public voted for.

Here's one i posted on FB a few days ago.......

Have I understood this EU lark properly? It is basically run by the French for their own benefit. French farmers have been getting subsidies NOT to grow certain crops or rear certain animals. Others have had them as well but in very many cases the other farmers have been innovative and converted the use of their farmland to something of which there wasn't a lake/mountain. The French simply pull in all that lovely subsidy money for doing absolutely nothing and, quite likely, when a farmer dies and the farm passes on to his son, they continue to harvest subsidies for doing nothing. French fishermen aren't innovative either. They still use dragnets and butcher the sea floor. They also catch a lot of undersized fish and fish they shouldn't be. Those "unwanted" fish are thrown back into the sea.... dead! Dutch fishermen decided to look at alternatives. They came up with "pulse nets". They give out a small but harmless electric pulse that causes (no idea how it actually works) the "right" fish to jump off the sea bed and into the nets which are a metre or so above the sea bed. They catch very few undersized or "illegal to be caught" fish. They invested an awful lot of their own money, hundreds of thousands, to rig their boats out with this new technology. They no longer ruin the sea bed. The Dutch are willing to share their idea with the French fishermen. The French want none of it. Change? Not for us they say, pretty much the same as their farmers it seems. What did the French fishermen do? Instead of saying no they complained to the EU that the Dutch had an unfair advantage........ Pulse nets have now been made illegal by the EU taking much of the Dutch fleet out of service. The EU wants to stop the sea bed being ruined and less fish of the wrong sort/size being caught but the French have convinced MEPs that the very thing that stops what the EU wants stopping is unfair competition. Budget overspends. A 3% budget overspend invokes a fine. Several countries have been fined for the "offence". The French are perennial budget overspenders. They have never been fined. When asked why, Juncker's reply was "because they are the French". More on French farmers. Whenever something happens that they don't like they take to the main roads/motorways and block them. It's a protest they say. They then proceed to break open foreign trucks and steal the meat or vegetables in them. The French police just stand there and watch. The foreign drivers are down by whatever their cargo was worth........ The EU? Run for the French by the French.

I would like to add to the above that the Germans are brothers in arms with the French on this. As for the other countries, they say yes to everything but then ignore the bits they don't like. The Brits rock the boat by saying no to bits they don't like and not doing them but when they say yes, they go flat out to do whatever it is they agreed to.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Here's one i posted on FB a few days ago.......

Have I understood this EU lark properly? It is basically run by the French for their own benefit. French farmers have been getting subsidies NOT to grow certain crops or rear certain animals. Others have had them as well but in very many cases the other farmers have been innovative and converted the use of their farmland to something of which there wasn't a lake/mountain. The French simply pull in all that lovely subsidy money for doing absolutely nothing and, quite likely, when a farmer dies and the farm passes on to his son, they continue to harvest subsidies for doing nothing. French fishermen aren't innovative either. They still use dragnets and butcher the sea floor. They also catch a lot of undersized fish and fish they shouldn't be. Those "unwanted" fish are thrown back into the sea.... dead! Dutch fishermen decided to look at alternatives. They came up with "pulse nets". They give out a small but harmless electric pulse that causes (no idea how it actually works) the "right" fish to jump off the sea bed and into the nets which are a metre or so above the sea bed. They catch very few undersized or "illegal to be caught" fish. They invested an awful lot of their own money, hundreds of thousands, to rig their boats out with this new technology. They no longer ruin the sea bed. The Dutch are willing to share their idea with the French fishermen. The French want none of it. Change? Not for us they say, pretty much the same as their farmers it seems. What did the French fishermen do? Instead of saying no they complained to the EU that the Dutch had an unfair advantage........ Pulse nets have now been made illegal by the EU taking much of the Dutch fleet out of service. The EU wants to stop the sea bed being ruined and less fish of the wrong sort/size being caught but the French have convinced MEPs that the very thing that stops what the EU wants stopping is unfair competition. Budget overspends. A 3% budget overspend invokes a fine. Several countries have been fined for the "offence". The French are perennial budget overspenders. They have never been fined. When asked why, Juncker's reply was "because they are the French". More on French farmers. Whenever something happens that they don't like they take to the main roads/motorways and block them. It's a protest they say. They then proceed to break open foreign trucks and steal the meat or vegetables in them. The French police just stand there and watch. The foreign drivers are down by whatever their cargo was worth........ The EU? Run for the French by the French.

I would like to add to the above that the Germans are brothers in arms with the French on this. As for the other countries, they say yes to everything but then ignore the bits they don't like. The Brits rock the boat by saying no to bits they don't like and not doing them but when they say yes, they go flat out to do whatever it is they agreed to.
    ...and then they riot over the price of Nutella! In Seine!

But surely the way to sort out the things you speak of is to remain and show the reasonableness of our case rather than strop off.

MoP...first Mr. Mirage and now the well spoken anachronistic idiot Rees-Mogg. Now I know for sure you’re having a laugh. WUM

Page 303 of 922 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313353403803 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)