+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 452 of 922 FirstFirst ... 352402442450451452453454462502552 ... LastLast
Results 4,511 to 4,520 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    More votes than his 3 closest rivals combined........ Having taken on dual nationality last December, I think my Dutchship may well come in very handy....... BoJo will do to the country what he allegedly did to the pig's head...... IMO.
    At least my two deluded 100/1’s have gone, along with the thoroughly unpleasant insult to womanhood, Leadsom. Let’s hope we don’t hear from them ever again.
    Other than that...bad news. How does one get a Dutch citizenship, MA?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    At least my two deluded 100/1’s have gone, along with the thoroughly unpleasant insult to womanhood, Leadsom. Let’s hope we don’t hear from them ever again.
    Other than that...bad news. How does one get a Dutch citizenship, MA?
    Go to Amsterdam, sleep with 20 hookers and smoke yourself stupid. You're in.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    So somebody who doesn't suit your political agenda should be sacked But it's ok for the right wing press spew their lies about Corbyn and McDonald everyday Anybody who thinks Joe Brand wasn't joking must have had a sense of humour bypass
    You really think it qualifies as sense of humour territory?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/928584...ttack-victims/

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post

For what it’s worth...I think Jo Brand made an unwise joke in the current circumstances.

Having said that...context is everything and on R4’s ‘Heresy’ programme you are going to find people saying things which, in other circumstances, are entirely indefensible.

It’s also worth saying that the purpose of much ‘alternative’ comedy is to overstep the line and shock. Such lines are constantly being redrawn and what was once acceptable ‘humour’ e.g. ‘Love Thy Neighbour’, ‘On the Buses’, ‘It Ain’t ‘Arf Hot Mum’ is - in the name of political correctness (and good taste) - no longer so.

Frankly though, it beggars belief that the likes of Farage and the Sun are claiming such moral outrage.

Jo Brand made it perfectly clear at the time, to any nutters out there, that she was joking and didn’t actually advocate the idea. It was a joke about the silly impotence of throwing milkshakes. It was, in her words, a ‘fantasy’ about doing something more radical to people she perceives as disuniting and damaging our/her country.

Did she choose her words ill advisedly in the circumstances? Yes, probably.
    Has she caused as much harm and hurt by it as Farage’s attempts to make racism respectable? No certainly not, but it won’t stop those on the Right bleating on about how that nasty, fat, leftie so called comedienne has incited hatred and violence. Hypocrites!
    Last edited by ramAnag; 13-06-2019 at 04:37 PM.

Come on Tricky lighten up mate Only an idiot would take that seriously Then again it's said about your hero So I should have expected your reaction

She gives pig ugly a bad name.. Should be arrested just for that.
    I wonder what would happen if the intended recipient was David Lammey or someone of that ilk?

Come on Tricky lighten up mate Only an idiot would take that seriously Then again it's said about your hero So I should have expected your reaction

Plenty of idiots out there mate..

Quote Originally Posted by AngryRam View Post
    Plenty of idiots out there mate..
    Yes agree anybody who does what a comedian tells them to do Then they are idiots

Quote Originally Posted by AngryRam View Post
    She gives pig ugly a bad name.. Should be arrested just for that.
    I wonder what would happen if the intended recipient was David Lammey or someone of that ilk?
    Wow! Maybe you think we should reintroduce the witches’ ducking stool for good measure seeing as she looks a bit weird.

What exactly is David Lammey’s ‘ilk’ then, Angry?

Well if you don't have political agenda Andy you don't exactly go out of your way to hide it ie (the left wing BBC) Fail to see the connection of wanting Brand sacked just because Danny Baker was be has a history of being controversial and being dismissed Not really a reason to sack somebody because you don't find them funny
    Seems it’s been decided she has a case to answer. I actually think the limit of Baker’s andBrand’s punishments should have been to be widely called out for being insensitive tw*ts but the inconsistency is my issue. Note that I’ve not found her funny for twenty years and never called for her head before.

Page 452 of 922 FirstFirst ... 352402442450451452453454462502552 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)