+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 343 of 922 FirstFirst ... 243293333341342343344345353393443843 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,430 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    So, other arguments aside - to avoid being repetitive and not because they are no longer relevant - is the latest suggestion that Brexit will go ahead because the wrath of disgruntled Brexiteers will take a more physical/violent/disruptive form than the more logical and reasoned objections of the ‘Remainers’?
    Seems to be the consensus of the last two posts. Is ‘bovver boot’ politics really what we’ve come to in GB 2018?
    I don't read MA's post at all like that. My take is that people are ****ed off with politicians acting like politicians and want them to be more decisive/uncompromising, more honest and more 'businesslike' in their actions. The EU is a million miles from that (and the UK govt is no great shakes either)

rA continues to make strong arguments in support of 'remain', so I find it strange that my 'swingometer' is moving me point by point towards 'brexit'!!
    Why could this be??
    It could be that every time I see and hear Michel Barnier I want to smack him in the gob!
    Such an unparalled, self centred, better than you, head up his own arse **** I have not come across for many years. He alone may make me a brexiteer and that is a pathetic reason to change my mind but.......

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    rA continues to make strong arguments in support of 'remain', so I find it strange that my 'swingometer' is moving me point by point towards 'brexit'!!
    Why could this be??
    It could be that every time I see and hear Michel Barnier I want to smack him in the gob!
    Such an unparalled, self centred, better than you, head up his own arse **** I have not come across for many years. He alone may make me a brexiteer and that is a pathetic reason to change my mind but.......
    Hang on mac...I have much the same reaction to Barnier, but have you not seen Gove, Johnson, Farage and Banks?

Andy...I agree with much of MA’s post too, but ultimately he’s suggesting that the way in which the Brexiteers may ‘kick off’ is a source of fear amongst the Government and MoP, who I regularly disagree with but respect, agrees.
    That can’t be a reason for going through with something that looks more damaging by the day.

Hang on mac...I have much the same reaction to Barnier, but have you not seen Gove, Johnson, Farage and Banks?

Andy...I agree with much of MA’s post too, but ultimately he’s suggesting that the way in which the Brexiteers may ‘kick off’ is a source of fear amongst the Government and MoP, who I regularly disagree with but respect, agrees.
    That can’t be a reason for going through with something that looks more damaging by the day.
    It was just my opinion. The hardline Brexiteers were, also IMO, out in force last weekend in support of Yaxley-Lennon aka Robinson. Any deal that Mayhem makes that leaves "Brussels" with the slightest control over the UK, outside of any transition period, will see them out on the streets again demanding "full independence" in their typical anything but peaceful manner.

Also IMO, the Tory heirarchy is perfectly happy with Brexit. That will be a catalyst for many who voted OUT to change their minds. The call for a 2nd referendum, this time on the terms of the deal, will grow ever louder.

Hey!!! Keep Farage out of it. Without his input leaving the EU would have been almost impossible. The mans a legend!

I read that as 'kicking off' by voting the Tories out at the next election not breaking bones. That's a stark future conundrum for many individual MP's as well as their parties, do they remain 'Remain' and risk the wrath of their constituents or do they abandon their principles and tow the Brexit line, either because they feel they could still have influence in a post-Brexit world or more likely because they want to hang onto their cushy job. I was listening to the BBC4 Jeremy corbyn serial the other night and John McDonnell (who's beliefs I disagree with most of but who elocutes them so well) is totally aware that many labour MPs are in exactly that rock'n'a'Hard Place situation

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I read that as 'kicking off' by voting the Tories out at the next election not breaking bones. That's a stark future conundrum for many individual MP's as well as their parties, do they remain 'Remain' and risk the wrath of their constituents or do they abandon their principles and tow the Brexit line, either because they feel they could still have influence in a post-Brexit world or more likely because they want to hang onto their cushy job. I was listening to the BBC4 Jeremy corbyn serial the other night and John McDonnell (who's beliefs I disagree with most of but who elocutes them so well) is totally aware that many labour MPs are in exactly that rock'n'a'Hard Place situation
    I’m not suggesting that MA supports action of this type or supports giving into it, but when he refers to ‘rivers of blood’ and taking to the streets in a ‘typical anything but peaceful way’ I think it’s clear what he’s referring to.

I get the ‘conundrum’ on all sides but we surely cannot finally decide till the conditions and terms are known and the fact that some on the far right might take to the streets in their inimitable way surely cannot be a factor.

MoP...if you substituted ‘bell’ for ‘leg’ I’d wholeheartedly agree.

So lets put the current situation into perspective.

The remainers, can't accept a democratic vote and are doing all they can to over turn it

The SNP Jocks can't accept 2 democratic votes and are doing their best over turn it.

In essence, democracy means diddly squat anymore, probably just as the EU loves it.
    So in a nut shell, we can have a politically divided, confrontational society to come for decades.
    No one party is ever going to dominate again. Turmoil and division will reign.
    Yep, **** democracy as long as I'm alright Jack.

I'm starting to feel as bitter as the arsehole remoaners and hope this all goes tits up for years.
    I personally will never vote for anything backing these lying traitors again.
    You wanted chaos, you can have it for me.

MoP...if you substituted ‘bell’ for ‘leg’ I’d wholeheartedly agree.
    I've always thought bell end to be a fantastic putdown but it's all in the delivery, ironically the sort of delivery Farage has in spades and poor George Osbourne for example would never achieve. Yet another factor that swung the vote IMO, the relative 'gravitas' of the characters involved. Not for one moment saying it SHOULD have been a factor, just that it was. Better to be swilling bitter than sounding bitter is the moral of the tale

[QUOTE=ramAnag;38918397]Hang on mac...I have much the same reaction to Barnier, but have you not seen Gove, Johnson, Farage and Banks?

They are our ****heads and can be sorted within our system one way or another! Short of violence I can't do owt about snot features!!

Page 343 of 922 FirstFirst ... 243293333341342343344345353393443843 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)