+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 386 of 922 FirstFirst ... 286336376384385386387388396436486886 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,860 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

RA No I don't consider it my duty to vote on this issue We don't have a referendum about going to war or if we should sell arms to Saudi Arabia There is only one reason we were allowed a vote in the first place because they thought the result was a foregone conclusion and Cameron needs to crush UKIP.Anyway we can't have a referendum before March 29th so they will b discussing that for a couple of months with the EU. Then our MPs will be arguing what it should say on the ballot papers for a few weeks By that time it will be May and time to vote for our MEPs happy days

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    RA No I don't consider it my duty to vote on this issue We don't have a referendum about going to war or if we should sell arms to Saudi Arabia There is only one reason we were allowed a vote in the first place because they thought the result was a foregone conclusion and Cameron needs to crush UKIP.Anyway we can't have a referendum before March 29th so they will b discussing that for a couple of months with the EU. Then our MPs will be arguing what it should say on the ballot papers for a few weeks By that time it will be May and time to vote for our MEPs happy days
    Sorry mista, we don’t often differ but I just don’t follow your reasoning on this one. What’s not having a referendum on other issues got to do with you not voting if there’s a second referendum specifically on EU membership?
    If there should be a second EU Referendum then surely it is a chance to overcome the first ill informed decision which threatens our country’s financial well being. I think you’ve implied enough times that you’re generally not in favour of Brexit so surely you should take the opportunity to be part of a better informed vote.

Simple really. The last referendum made a "decision" / choice that the government has been unable to enact (or at least it looks that way now). The option of no deal is repellent. The opposition have no viable alternative. The EU aren't going to concede more as they still want our contributions. So we cannot agree to leave on acceptable terms, and a no deal is unacceptable. There's nothing to vote on, we are twixt Rock and Hard Place so what's the point of referendum - what can it ask?

RA. If there is a second referendum I can only see there being three options. No deal. Mays deal.Status Quo all unacceptable to me so what can I vote for

How about status quo and go all out to aattack from within and limit the power of the Commission, limit the power of the EU Parliament, limit the power of banks and multinationals to escape tax liability through the back door.

IMO, the only way to achieve that is to ban rich individuals, companies, unions, in fact anybody from financing political parties. Limit their funding and have it come from the exchequer.

Membership fees for individuals will remain at today's levels and only increase at the rate of inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Simple really. The last referendum made a "decision" / choice that the government has been unable to enact (or at least it looks that way now). The option of no deal is repellent. The opposition have no viable alternative. The EU aren't going to concede more as they still want our contributions. So we cannot agree to leave on acceptable terms, and a no deal is unacceptable. There's nothing to vote on, we are twixt Rock and Hard Place so what's the point of referendum - what can it ask?
    The last referendum didn’t ‘make a decision’. It provided advice...that a large proportion of the public were uncomfortable with the EU and immigration levels in particular.
    Surely the Referendum questions now must be something along the lines of...in the light of what we now know...do you support...a) Mrs May’s deal. b) A no-deal ‘hard’ Brexit or c) Continued membership of the EU.
    Should those be the choices I’m genuinely shocked that two people who’ve had as much to say on the subject as you and mista would choose not to vote especially when you are fully aware of how damaging option b would be.
    Vote for the least damaging of the three...it’s what we do at every General Election anyway.

RA they are the very reasons i wouldn't vote
    By the way if we do have a second referendum should only be advisory again

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    The last referendum didn’t ‘make a decision’. It provided advice...that a large proportion of the public were uncomfortable with the EU and immigration levels in particular.
    Surely the Referendum questions now must be something along the lines of...in the light of what we now know...do you support...a) Mrs May’s deal. b) A no-deal ‘hard’ Brexit or c) Continued membership of the EU.
    Should those be the choices I’m genuinely shocked that two people who’ve had as much to say on the subject as you and mista would choose not to vote especially when you are fully aware of how damaging option b would be.
    Vote for the least damaging of the three...it’s what we do at every General Election anyway.
    Make that three, and that's after a lot of consideration, including soaking up all the views on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Make that three, and that's after a lot of consideration, including soaking up all the views on this forum.
    That makes absolutely no sense to me at all. Not that big a surprise though from ‘stay...go...stay...not gonna say...Andy’.
    Glad I’ve never had to bat with you.

If sensible folk don’t vote when they understand the consequences they’ll only have themselves to blame when the extremists have their way.

Yes those may be the three options, but can you honestly say hand on heart that you think any of the options would get a clear majority choice in favour? Hell, when it was a matter of just two choices you were not happy with Brexit garnering less than 50% of electorate. I can't see that a 3 way choice will do anything but cloud the issue still more.

Let's speculate on an outcome ( figures are %of those voting) : hard Brexit 20%, May deal 35%, remain after all 45%

Who wins? The biggest outcome was remain but that gets less votes than to leave. Its also less than 50% of those voting let alone of those eligible to vote.

See, waste of time.

Page 386 of 922 FirstFirst ... 286336376384385386387388396436486886 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)