+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 408 of 922 FirstFirst ... 308358398406407408409410418458508908 ... LastLast
Results 4,071 to 4,080 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I can’t argue with that Andy and have never argued against the idea that the Remain campaign was dominated by complacency.
    That’s not really the issue though imo. Complacency is a fault for sure, but aren’t the use of ‘dirty money’ - either from Aaron Banks, Russia or Robert Mercer - not to mention the deliberate misleading of the public and breaking of electoral rules far greater ‘sins’/crimes?
    Much has been said, in defence of Leave, that to ignore the original Referendum would be a challenge to the democratic process, but surely what the programme exposed was that the democratic process has already been horribly and blatantly compromised.
    Mista has indeed posted evidence of Leave transgressions, but that arrogance/complacency nags away at me far more than any moody money, and if the dramatic portrayal is to be believed, the Leave campaign was one traumatic board meeting away from being as riddled with arrogance and ineptitude as Remain.

Incidentally, having stuck up for BBC (or at least QT) last week, yesterday's PM really let the side down, and in the feature which compared preparedness for a second referendum (already 100% presumptive by the Beeb), Carolyn Quinn repeatedly phrased her questioning as 'when' not 'if' it would happen, she just couldn't help herself

Sorry you find it tiresome, mista. The whole bloody thing is monumentally tiresome imo, but it’s sadly also crucial to all our futures.
    I’ll happily accept that those in favour of Remain may have exaggerated at times but as far as abiding by the rules and the use of ‘dirty’ money is concerned I think you’ll find that the Leave campaign has rather more to hide. Still if you can find a Remain equivalent of Aaron Banks, Russia and the Trump loving, Farage befriending Robert Mercer then post away.
    RA Ok did post you names of the five companies that Remain set up one month before the election To try and get rid of some of their excess spending Your reply was that was just piffling compared to what Leave had done As though that makes it right

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    RA Ok did post you names of the five companies that Remain set up one month before the election To try and get rid of some of their excess spending Your reply was that was just piffling compared to what Leave had done As though that makes it right
    I’m honestly not sure what you’re referring to mista. I’ve heard a rumour that Remain funnelled excess money into five other campaigns after the Referendum, but I know nothing about five ‘companies’.
    Either way I think the investigation into Aaron Banks, the Russian connection, the money from U.S. millionaire Robert Mercer and the DUP contributions...all in the name of ‘sovereignty’ of course...are of more consequence.
    So far Mr. Banks seems to have been avoiding Press investigation since the autumn Andrew Marr programme, choosing only to be interviewed on LBC by...yes you’ve guessed it...Nigel Farage. Funny that.

RA the five companies and the dates they were set up
    DDB uk Ltd. 25thMay £191,000
    Best of the Future 27th May £424,000
    The in Crowd 10th June £76,000
    Virgin Management 2nd June £210,000
    Wake up and Vote 24thMay £100,000
    Electoral commission figures. Leave spend £13,436,241
    Remain spend £19,070,566
    Both groups have been fined for overspend.
    Yes agree Mercer is a dangerous right wing fanatic But I didn't like tax exile Branson giving remain £450,000 when doesn't even live in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Well good luck with those automatic machines that will do those agricultural task that to date are reliant on manual labour which is where most immigrants have been used!
    Potatoes harvested by machine. As are onions, As are carrots. As are many other products like turnips and swedes. As are some fruits.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    RA the five companies and the dates they were set up
    DDB uk Ltd. 25thMay £191,000
    Best of the Future 27th May £424,000
    The in Crowd 10th June £76,000
    Virgin Management 2nd June £210,000
    Wake up and Vote 24thMay £100,000
    Electoral commission figures. Leave spend £13,436,241
    Remain spend £19,070,566
    Both groups have been fined for overspend.
    Yes agree Mercer is a dangerous right wing fanatic But I didn't like tax exile Branson giving remain £450,000 when doesn't even live in the UK
    Fair play to you mista...you’ve listed the companies and I accept I didn’t know that, but the ‘dirty’ money issue is about origins not amounts.
    Mercer is a billionaire right wing fanatic from the USA...the Russian money too, if there was any, is obviously from an area of the World that has an interest in destabilising Western Europe. In addition there is the DUP money and the dubious origins of the Banks money.
    Farage is a ‘close aquaintance’ and ‘political ally’ of Mercer and Trump and, imo, what we should be asking is...how can it be right for a campaign allegedly aimed at restoring the UK’s sovereignty be so significantly funded by money from outside the UK and while I accept that Branson have chosen to reside outside the country, he remains a UK citizen with major domestic business interests.

Hmmm,

To paraphrase the old adage, there are lies, damned lies and lists of company names!! I'm not sure where you got this information from, Mista, but it has to be somewhat questionable:

"DDB UK Ltd" - was set up in June 1968 and is a subsidiary of US NYSE traded Unicom Group Inc. It is an advertising agency with £ 200 million turnover. Its ultimate major shareholders are US institutions, pension funds;

"Best of the Future", "The In Crowd" and "Wake up and Vote" - no such companies registered in the UK per Companies House (that said they may be offshore) although linked in does identify a company The In Crowd Limited that is a phone app developer

"Virgin Management" - curiously there seem to be 2 companies set up under this name, but both have same registered office, so probably a glitch. It was formed in June 1981 and is a core part of the Virgin Media / Branson empire, although Branson is not a director

The two companies that you cite that I can identify were clearly long established before brexit was even thought of (in fact one before we even joined the then Common Market), and would seem unlikely vehicles to launder anything through, but who knows?

The other three are not prima facie UK registered companies, or indeed necessarily even companies, so who knows

the one that channeled most of the money into Remain was "The In Campaign Limited", now renamed "Open Britain Limited" and which hoovered up close on £ 20 million of donations which it disbursed campaigning. This being the company featuring Peter Mandelson, Trevor Phillips and others. I assume this was mostly made up f buckets and small donors, as the large donations below make up only about 6% of their total incoming

The electoral commission website is indeed fascinating. Good to see "Muslims for GB Limited" making a disclosable donation to "Leave", which is, if nothing else, rather strangely ironic, given the suggestions that an out vote was a racist vote. Still I suppose racism can come in different shapes and sizes

The 4th pre vote funding report showed major donors as being:

Liberty Global PLC via The In Campaign Ltd £500,000
    Vote Leave via Mr Darren Grimes £400,000
    Mr Crispin Odey via Democracy Movement £300,000
    Mr David Harding via The In Campaign Ltd £250,000
    Mr David Sainsbury via The In Campaign Ltd £250,000
    Mark Coombs via The In Campaign Ltd £250,000
    Mr Crispin Ooey via Global Britain Limited £233,329
    Mr David Sainsbury via Best For Our Future Ltd £210,000
    Mr David Sainsbury via Virgin Management Limited £210,000
    Vote Leave via Mr Darren Grimes £185,31

Which would infer Virgin's contribution was merely Sainsbury's shipping some more in via a different conduit? It does explain the sudden increase in Sainsbury's prices seen in 2016 !!!

Fair play to you mista...you’ve listed the companies and I accept I didn’t know that, but the ‘dirty’ money issue is about origins not amounts.
    Mercer is a billionaire right wing fanatic from the USA...the Russian money too, if there w
    as any, is obviously from an area of the World that has an interest in destabilising Western Europe. In addition there is the DUP money and the dubious origins of the Banks money.
    Farage is a ‘close aquaintance’ and ‘political ally’ of Mercer and Trump and, imo, what we should be asking is...how can it be right for a campaign allegedly aimed at restoring the UK’s sovereignty be so significantly funded by money from outside the UK and while I accept that Branson have chosen to reside outside the country, he remains a UK citizen with major domestic business interests.
    RA yes fully agree about Mercer best dangerous person He not only wants to destabilise Western Europe he wants to destabilise most of the world especially Africa As for Branson may still be a UK citizen no excuse for being a tax exile especially as his biggest contribution to this country is a tax funded rail franchise

Unless they bought votes, does it really make a difference?

Page 408 of 922 FirstFirst ... 308358398406407408409410418458508908 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)