+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 321 of 922 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323331371421821 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,210 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

My objection to Tricky’s post was to the Rees Mogg link which is pure, well spoken, gibberish. Couldn’t be bothered to sit through the second one after that so...no comment.

Sorry Andy, I’m genuinely confused. I’ll readily concede that there are some examples where money spent on public services could be better directed, but how can you spend less on services such as health, education and law enforcement when the demand and expectation is ever greater?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Sorry Andy, I’m genuinely confused. I’ll readily concede that there are some examples where money spent on public services could be better directed, but how can you spend less on services such as health, education and law enforcement when the demand and expectation is ever greater?
    ...and you help me make my point, you simply assume the demand has got to increase. I'm saying make the demand LESS. There are a hundred ways, and I'll only repeat my anecdote that there MUST be something wrong with the nature of the demand in A&E when the demographic is skewed so heavily away from the national demographic, which can only mean some people's expectations are wrong. Another is make the demand on the refuse service less by recycling properly/better

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    ...and you help me make my point, you simply assume the demand has got to increase. I'm saying make the demand LESS. There are a hundred ways, and I'll only repeat my anecdote that there MUST be something wrong with the nature of the demand in A&E when the demographic is skewed so heavily away from the national demographic, which can only mean some people's expectations are wrong. Another is make the demand on the refuse service less by recycling properly/better
    I’m not quite sure what you mean about A&E, but clearly when you have an increasing number of older people, ever increasing life expectancy and more and more cures for a variety of cancers and other illnesses then there is inevitably going to be a greater demand on the NHS.
    Likewise with education...young people are now expected to spend longer in full time education and it seems that every time another social problem arises - from Aids to poorly fed children, to child abuse, to cyber bullying - teachers are the ones who, in addition to meeting their more traditional demands, are expected to deal with it. This sort of increase in expectation and demand has to be properly funded.
    As regards the refuse service, I see your point, but aren’t you actually proposing something more sophisticated rather than necessarily cheaper?

I’m not quite sure what you mean about A&E, but clearly when you have an increasing number of older people, ever increasing life expectancy and more and more cures for a variety of cancers and other illnesses then there is inevitably going to be a greater demand on the NHS.
    Likewise with education...young people are now expected to spend longer in full time education and it seems that every time another social problem arises - from Aids to poorly fed children, to child abuse, to cyber bullying - teachers are the ones who, in addition to meeting their more traditional demands, are expected to deal with it. This sort of increase in expectation and demand has to be properly funded.
    As regards the refuse service, I see your point, but aren’t you actually proposing something more sophisticated rather than necessarily cheaper?
    Listen carefully, I shall only say this once, I have to agree with you here. Although I believe that there is a lot of money wasted in the NHS, year on year the spending needs to increase to keep up with the new treatments and longer life expectancy. I watched that excellent programme 'surgeons on the edge', carrying out operations which wouldn't have been possible until very recently. But the operations lasting 12 hours or more with 15 staff have to be paid for as well as the aftercare and future treatment for someone who wouldn't be alive normally.

There, I've said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    Listen carefully, I shall only say this once, I have to agree with you here. Although I believe that there is a lot of money wasted in the NHS, year on year the spending needs to increase to keep up with the new treatments and longer life expectancy. I watched that excellent programme 'surgeons on the edge', carrying out operations which wouldn't have been possible until very recently. But the operations lasting 12 hours or more with 15 staff have to be paid for as well as the aftercare and future treatment for someone who wouldn't be alive normally.

There, I've said it.
    OMG...approval from Roger and Ram in the same week. My life is now complete!

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post

There, I've said it.
    No arguing with that one Ram59 so there you are Ramanag you have the triple crown

The problem with just about everything at the moment is that successive governments have failed to prepare for the future that is today. The reasons for that are obvious, it would have cost money therefore increasing taxes and that would lose them the next election.

That is why pensions etc are screwed.

It's all down to politicians looking after themselves rather than the country.

OMG...approval from Roger and Ram in the same week. My life is now complete!
    Well, it is valentine's day, when you think of your loved ones.

My objection to Tricky’s post was to the Rees Mogg link which is pure, well spoken, gibberish. Couldn’t be bothered to sit through the second one after that so...no comment.

?
    Oh that's normal. Any sane person would object to the gibberish Tricky posts on politics.

[QUOTE=Ram59;38800705]Well, it is valentine's day, when you think of your loved ones.

Lol

Page 321 of 922 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323331371421821 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)