+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Last 4 Games

The Last 4 Games

Hopefully Derbys last 4 games in league 1 for a while, but how what will be the resuts?

Wycombe (A) Draw

Orient (H) Win

Cambridge (A) Win

Carlisle (H) Win

And we go up in 2nd.

Equal or better the points haul of Posh, Trotters and Tykes and we're up. Tykes and Trotters both have to play Pompey. Posh and Trotters play each other on the last day of the season. I don't see any of the three winning all of their remaining games which means we don't have to win all of ours. On paper all 4 are very winnable but, as we all too often find out, the game is played on grass.

Wycombe. Masters of ****housery and never a team we beat easily. The game is next Wednesday due to their EFL Final against Posh on Sunday. This might give us an advantage. They lose and they're demoralised and we roll them over is one theory. Conversely, the loss might put them in bounce back mode. However, we've never played them, in the past, with an Ebou Adams bossing the midfield. They win at Wembley and they're still pissed from the celebrations or their gaffer bans alcohol and they hit the heights on the euphoria of, finally, winning something. All in all, I think we'll win this one.

Orient. Last 5 games, W1, D1, L3. We'll have too much for them. Win.

Cambridge. Will probably be safe from relegation by then and able to play without fear. A squeaky bum 1-0 win.

Carlisle. They will be down and will only have what's left of their pride to play for. If we're already up we may well see a Derby side full of as much beer as the fans and get served up a similar 0-0 to the 1975 one. If we need something from the game we'll go at them hammer and tong.

4 wins is a distinct possibility. A slip up along the way would be the Derby way. I'm backing us to take all 12 points and make the other promotion teams' results irrelevant.

Like your analysis MA, but not quite as confident. For me 10 points from those games, but that will be enough. Think we may need 3 points against Carlisle though.

Three wins and a loss brings the goal difference issue more into focus but at the moment that's advantage Derby but marginal only.

2 wins 2 draws could result in game 47 away at Lincoln....

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Like your analysis MA, but not quite as confident. For me 10 points from those games, but that will be enough. Think we may need 3 points against Carlisle though.

Three wins and a loss brings the goal difference issue more into focus but at the moment that's advantage Derby but marginal only.

Pompey winning all their remaining games would seal it for us

Agreeing with you about the points haul…and in denial about the possibility of your last sentence coming true!

Don’t think MA’s suggestion about Adams can be overstated. Our single most important signing for years…including McGoldrick and NML. When he first arrived I feared he was going to be a walking yellow card and would soon be suspended, but he seems to have added responsibility to his armoury and I’d love to see him as a permanent signing.
    Whether that will be possible remains to be seen. His value/cost will only have risen since January but I very much doubt we’d be where we are without him.

The new Leon Osman?

Adams has been fantastic. I feel very nervous about our run in. We need to maintain Tuesday's effort levels.

The new Leon Osman?
    Lol…I’d have put money on you saying that. He set the bar very high…but quite similar. Apparently we tried to sign Osman permanently on the evidence of his half season with us, but Everton had seen enough to want to keep him. Our loss…their gain…sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    Adams has been fantastic. I feel very nervous about our run in. We need to maintain Tuesday's effort levels.
    With the prize of promotion within our grasp and in our own hands it would be amazing if we didn't get the right effort and attitude over the remaining 4 games.

I think we'll win all 4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)