+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 375 of 922 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375376377385425475875 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,750 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Hm

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I'm not character assessing him, just saying he'll feature

My reading of the Social Media Tealeaves suggests Imelda's stock has risen in the last 48 hours and that her own Geoff Boycott analogy is gaining traction.
    Think you’re probably right. Losing McVey to be replaced by Rudd seems like a good piece of political transfer business too, but as someone has already pointed out...Boycott was once deliberately run out by Botham at his own team’s request.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 16-11-2018 at 10:39 PM.

Might this "deal" actually be an unintended master stroke?

Mayhem seems to have done the impossible and united Remain and Leave against here and her deal

Name:  May.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  96.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Might this "deal" actually be an unintended master stroke?

Mayhem seems to have done the impossible and united Remain and Leave against here and her deal
    It may indeed have been a ‘master stroke’ MA. We’ve all been taken back to July 2016 when May as potential PM was the lesser of a number of evils...looking at the two leading contenders to replace her now - dim Davis and Boris the buffoon - she’s managed to make herself, Rudd and Hammond look by far the most credible and attractive Tory option.

With all the letters currently flying around I’d love to see the PM write one to the country saying...’we’ve wasted billions of £’s over the last three years and millions of hours trying to make the will of just over a third of the people work for the country. We haven’t succeeeded and now have to accept that it has all been a huge mistake. It may not be perfect but there is actually no deal as good as the one we’ve got as part of the EU and with the interests of the British people uppermost in mind we’re going to abandon the idea of leaving and cease wasting time and money on trying to achieve the impossible at the earliest opportunity.’

I think that's actually not a bad idea RA since then Corbyn would then have to adapt to the leave cause. We'd then have the rather unusual site of Corbyn aligning with Aaron Banks and the more extremes of the right. What fun.

Sadly it seems Brexit is now being used by Labour as an excuse to demand a general election, so they are simply seeking their own betterment, not that of the country. Just make sure May fails, no matter whether the deal is good or bad.

I seem to remember you saying the Brexit decision was too complex to be left to the people and should be left to parliament. Sadly I now feel that Parliament contains too many people with personal agendae and conflicts of interest (and not just Corbyn) to be trusted with the decision. So maybe the Queen can decide

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I think that's actually not a bad idea RA since then Corbyn would then have to adapt to the leave cause. We'd then have the rather unusual site of Corbyn aligning with Aaron Banks and the more extremes of the right. What fun.

Sadly it seems Brexit is now being used by Labour as an excuse to demand a general election, so they are simply seeking their own betterment, not that of the country. Just make sure May fails, no matter whether the deal is good or bad.

I seem to remember you saying the Brexit decision was too complex to be left to the people and should be left to parliament. Sadly I now feel that Parliament contains too many people with personal agendae and conflicts of interest (and not just Corbyn) to be trusted with the decision. So maybe the Queen can decide
    Corbyn has always tended towards the ‘Leave’ cause imo, Geoff.
    Can’t fault your thoughts about Parliament though. God save us from thinly disguised Nationalists and let’s hope for some common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post

As you can see by my avatar, Queenie already has her view

As you can see by my avatar, Queenie already has her view
    I thought that was just the prospect of King Charles III, Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I thought that was just the prospect of King Charles III, Andy.
    Maybe another thing we could amicably disagree on, I personally think he'll be a great king, but like Brexit only time will tell, and also like Brexit most opinions in either direction are based way too much on emotion and lacking anything like enough insight.

Maybe another thing we could amicably disagree on, I personally think he'll be a great king, but like Brexit only time will tell, and also like Brexit most opinions in either direction are based way too much on emotion and lacking anything like enough insight.
    Lol...I couldn’t care less really. The Royals are largely irrelevant to me. Sad thing is...even I have to admit they set a better example than most politicians...especially the collection of snakes and weasels on the Tory right.

Page 375 of 922 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375376377385425475875 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)