+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 273 of 922 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283323373773 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Agreed Andy...though having a 'view on a nation, group or culture' does by no means necessarily imply the 'x' word.
    Not being either a robot or a vicar (not sure why vicars wouldn't have such views) I have to admit to viewing Tricky with a great deal of 'unease/suspicion'.
    Yearh well its hardly surprising, as I have to alternate my time between the KKK rallies and the Hitler youth club.
    Jesus wept, nowt so queer as folk.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Yearh well its hardly surprising, as I have to alternate my time between the KKK rallies and the Hitler youth club.
    Jesus wept, nowt so queer as folk.
    Not really what I implied...you jump to so many conclusions. My 'unease' is a result of all your inconsistencies and contradictions.

Not really what I implied...you jump to so many conclusions. My 'unease' is a result of all your inconsistencies and contradictions.
    What's so hard to understand?

I don't like the EU. I think it's a corrupt, undemocratic establishment.
    I don't like its expansionist ambitions.
    I don't like its drive to ever closer union and a super state
    I don't like its policies of free movement and monetary singularity.

It's my choice and feelings to reject this.
    I like the fact we control our own currency and laws.
    I want a proper border system set up, that allows the people in we want and are screened from the undesirable.

The rest of the world does this. Why do you think it is so radical?

hard to argue with much of that TTR but its a question of balance - do we give up the benefits of a free trade area and economic singularlity (not monetary) to achieve your objectives. Tough call and its really what the Brexit debate can be boiled down to - economics vs sovereignty. Its why I sat on the fence over voting for so long and could not make up my mind. Whilst voting remain, I can handle the exit decision as it was such a close run thing in my head.

2700 posts encompassed in 1 ? Thats the dilemma

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    What's so hard to understand?

I don't like the EU. I think it's a corrupt, undemocratic establishment.
    I don't like its expansionist ambitions.
    I don't like its drive to ever closer union and a super state
    I don't like its policies of free movement and monetary singularity.

It's my choice and feelings to reject this.
    I like the fact we control our own currency and laws.
    I want a proper border system set up, that allows the people in we want and are screened from the undesirable.

The rest of the world does this. Why do you think it is so radical?
    Tricky, you're a walking contradiction. As I've said before, I can understand some of your concerns but your lack of consistency is just bizarre.
    Your argument about holidays...'More expensive holidays? Really? Then don't go to Europe. My holiday to Thailand in October is mega cheap. The Portuguese/Spanish/Italians/Greeks will be frothing at this...(4/8/17). Not only is this classic 'I'm alright Jack'...because you can go to Thailand and stuff all those families struggling to afford a European holiday...but a few posts later it emerged that your Thai venture was a business trip! Well it would be 'mega cheap' then wouldn't it?
    Then there are the Germans...can't be bothered to trawl back to your rants about the war but...as regards the EU you wrote (1/7/17)...
    'It had it's moment and is now just a vehicle for Germany to dominate' and then on 10/7/17...'The Germans? Is this the same nation who tried to dominate Europe twice within 20 years and despite being decimated and rebuilt under foreign currency, now tries to dominate under the guise of collectivist ideals?'
    Okay, one could be forgiven for supposing, Tricky's not a fan of the Germans - bit like my late father in law, but then he had the excuse of having been at Dunkirk which might alter one's perspective a little - but no, on 7/8/17 you're saying '...the Germans? I go there at least 4 times a year and love it.
    Sorry...I just can't keep up and when you couple all that with the fact that you're supposed to be a 'mod' but are, imo, actually responsible for more rancour and abuse than virtually anyone else on the forum I can honestly say...I give up.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 11-08-2017 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    hard to argue with much of that TTR but its a question of balance - do we give up the benefits of a free trade area and economic singularlity (not monetary) to achieve your objectives. Tough call and its really what the Brexit debate can be boiled down to - economics vs sovereignty. Its why I sat on the fence over voting for so long and could not make up my mind. Whilst voting remain, I can handle the exit decision as it was such a close run thing in my head.

2700 posts encompassed in 1 ? Thats the dilemma
    Roger, I won't go on about the history as to how we arrived here.

The biggest question I would ever ask, is why are we being held to ransom of free trade under the guise of being sucked into a super state?
    It never started like this. I love Europe. I travel frequently. I don't want to be part of a government(unelected) that decides what's right for me. I like the idea we can boot out, who we don't want to govern.
    I don't like that this system, allows a mass movement of people unopposed to any where it wants.
    We as a country, have suffered a massive impact. I don't blame the migrants, in their shoes I'd do the same thing. I'm poor and have no future? I'LL BUGGER OFF WHERE I can make some dough.
    What does that do for us? Housing crisis/wages stifled/ NHS overload/ Undesirables getting in.
    It isn't xenophobic or racist. It's common sense.
    Everywhere else in the world, you have to apply to come.
    As said earlier and warped by swale. I am going to Thailand in October. It was a 2 day trip to sell the Thai's product. The Thai officer I deal with suggested I see her region. Good idea. But I get 30 days there before I need a visa. Yes a 2nd world country, needs to assess me as being suitable to stay longer.
    I don't blame them, it is common sense.

I don't understand peoples problem with controlling your borders?

Tricky, you're a walking contradiction. As I've said before, I can understand some of your concerns but your lack of consistency is just bizarre.
    Your argument about holidays...'More expensive holidays? Really? Then don't go to Europe. My holiday to Thailand in October is mega cheap. The Portuguese/Spanish/Italians/Greeks will be frothing at this...(4/8/17). Not only is this classic 'I'm alright Jack'...because you can go to Thailand and stuff all those families struggling to afford a European holiday...but a few posts later it emerged that your Thai venture was a business trip! Well it would be 'mega cheap' then wouldn't it?
    Then there are the Germans...can't be bothered to trawl back to your rants about the war but...as regards the EU you wrote (1/7/17)...
    'It had it's moment and is now just a vehicle for Germany to dominate' and then on 10/7/17...'The Germans? Is this the same nation who tried to dominate Europe twice within 20 years and despite being decimated and rebuilt under foreign currency, now tries to dominate under the guise of collectivist ideals?'
    Okay, one could be forgiven for supposing, Tricky's not a fan of the Germans - bit like my late father in law, but then he had the excuse of having been at Dunkirk which might alter one's perspective a little - but no, on 7/8/17 you're saying '...the Germans? I go there at least 4 times a year and love it.
    Sorry...I just can't keep up and when you couple all that with the fact that you're supposed to be a 'mod' but are, imo, actually responsible for more rancour and abuse than virtually anyone else on the forum I can honestly say...I give up.
    Then give up

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Heres a selection of Trickys xenophobic posts, theres loads more where he is insulting about races, countries, thats pure xenophobia, hatred of foreigners (unless of course he is exploiting them) - now if you find that acceptable, then that says a lot about you!

SHOCKING police figures released for England and Wales have shown nearly 900 Syrians have been arrested in just one year.

Police have arrested 900 people from Syria in a year
    And officials say the migrants were accused of sickening crimes including rapes and child abuse.

Now we have the mental illness excuse. It's bull****. It's down to one thing Islam!!!!

It is doomed to failure, purely by the amounts of little ****ty countries it keeps sucking in
    To the doomsayers- the architect of this collaboration is Germany.
    Yes Germany, the very country left bankrupt/shattered/ and vulnerable in 1945.

The Germans?

Is this the same nation, who tried to dominate Europe twice within 20 years and despite being decimated and rebuilt under foreign currency, now tries to dominate under the guise of collectivist ideals?

***** Yellow Card (2) - Racial Abuse of Religions *****
    So if I get this right you issued a yellow card to me, for retyping what TTR posted to illustrate the fact that his views are offensive?

Thats it, what a joke this Forum is with a joke moderator, I will no longer post on here, Goodbye

So if I get this right you issued a yellow card to me, for retyping what TTR posted to illustrate the fact that his views are offensive?

Thats it, what a joke this Forum is with a joke moderator, I will no longer post on here, Goodbye
    There are so many ironies in this whole Tricky/Swale/Ratts menage a trois that Alanis Morisette could pop out an album on the subject. To paraphrase Gene Krantz, farewell Swale, and we thank you. (Gene was talking to the Apollo 13 Lunar Module as it happens but the sentiment was the same)
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 24-08-2017 at 09:33 PM.

It is farcical but leaving is exactly what Rattea wants you and others who argue with him to do.

Page 273 of 922 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283323373773 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)