+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 509 of 922 FirstFirst ... 9409459499507508509510511519559609 ... LastLast
Results 5,081 to 5,090 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Nice alliteration GP...yes Remainers have undoubtedly slowed the process down but you really can’t blame them for a situation that they always and consistently cautioned against.
    Responsibility lies squarely with such political opportunists as Farage and the ERG hardliners and those who were/are gullible enough to believe their lies...imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Nice alliteration GP...yes Remainers have undoubtedly slowed the process down but you really can’t blame them for a situation that they always and consistently cautioned against.
    Correct, they need to remain true to their beliefs and put up or shut up. However when it becomes (imo) willful obstruction - in the case of May - that is not in the national interest that she swore to uphold, and becomes her enforcing the undue influence of her personal beliefs..........

Far be it from me to defend Mrs. May, I think she was dreadful, but I suppose she was caught between a rock and a hard place...trying, in the name of democracy, to deliver some sort of Brexit, but in the name of common sense and the well being of the nation, to deliver it in its least damaging form.
    Suppose that last sentence sums up my view...why on earth are we even trying to implement something which most - or at least so many - believe will be ultimately damaging to our national well being for the foreseeable future?

I blame May, Cameron and the vast majority of their cabinets and a slight majority of Tory MPs for the sorry mess we are currently in. Cameron would never have come up with the idea in the first place if EU membership wasn't tearing the Tory party asunder.

The referendum saw more votes cast for Leave than for Remain. That shocked the entire political establishment.

Cameron felt he was unable to lead exit negotiations adequately as he was against leaving the EU and that he wouldn't get the best out of it for the UK. He decided to resign. He fell on his sword. An honourable act and I commend him for it (but for little else if I'm honest).

May won the subsequent election to lead the Tories and, therefore, be PM. It allw ent downhill after that.

The referendum was in June 2016. It was only a couple of months later that the EU had its position set down in writing and agreed by the other 27 member states. That position is almost verbatim the deal May signed but Parliament rejected, rightly IMO, 3 times.

May et al FINALLY came up with their position after a weekend of cabinet talks at Chequers............... in October 2018!!!!!!! Why on earth did it take 2 and a quarter years for the UK to come up with a standpoint? THAT is, IMO, the major reason May had such a weak bargaining position. She didn't come up with one until it was almost too damned late and then she ditched "No Deal" as an option which was the only real lvereage the UK has/had and despite her saying all along "No deal is better than a bad deal".

It should surprise noone that I blame May, her cabinet and the Tory party for for the mess negotiations got into and remain in to this day. That 2.25 year delay was and is and shall remain unforgivable.

Just been watching CNN.
    USA teetering on recession as red ines being breached everywhere.

My god what have we done?

Who'd have thought a yes vote, could effect so much of the world trade markets.
    Germany, Italy, USA ?

China is next. They,ve been in free fall months.

"Damn you all, damn you all to hell" ( my best Charlton Heston impression from planet of the Apes)

Lots of well informed sense there Parky, although if you’re going to apportion blame to May wouldn’t it be fairer to point the finger at the Tory Party as a whole?
    After all it was they...Cameron and Osborn...who came up with the notion of a people’s Referendum to sort out their own Party squabble between the moderates and the hard liners...it was they who then appointed your ‘remainer wolf in Brexiteer sheep’s clothing’ as PM for the next three years...and it is them again who have appointed the back stabbing duo of Johnson and Gove - along with the unelected Cummings - in charge of the direction our country now takes.
    I honestly cannot remember a time when any UK Party of Government has ever displayed such a combination of arrogance, dishonesty and incompetence and yet, such is the inadequacy of the opposition, it still seems that another Tory - Hammond - may be the best hope for leading us out of the current mess.

You ‘wondered when I’d raise the second referendum again’ did you, Angry?
    You need to pay more attention. Perhaps you’ve been concentrating too hard on making poor and pointless ‘jokes’ out of me being a retired teacher but I have often said that, however unsatisfactory the concept of having a referendum may be, I cannot now see an alternative and, more recently, seeing as we are now in the situation we are, that the choice probably has to be between ‘No Deal’ or ‘Remain’. Sad but what’s your alternative?
    Why do I need an alternative? I don’t want a second referendum.
    I don’t need to concentrate hard on making retired teacher jokes, you are a gift that keeps on giving.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryRam View Post
    Why do I need an alternative? I don’t want a second referendum.
    I don’t need to concentrate hard on making retired teacher jokes, you are a gift that keeps on giving.
    Lol...more side splitting humour from the Angry one. ‘Why do I’...’I don’t want’...blah, blah...you’re all noise and bluster AR.
    It’s not all about you, chap...but considering I’m the ‘gift that keeps on giving’ it’s funny how you’ve never got an answer and, as I suspect you well know, my question was...what’s your alternative solution to a second referendum as a way through this impasse so your response of ‘I don’t want a second referendum’ is hardly relevant is it?

Lol...more side splitting humour from the Angry one. ‘Why do I’...’I don’t want’...blah, blah...you’re all noise and bluster AR.
    It’s not all about you, chap...but considering I’m the ‘gift that keeps on giving’ it’s funny how you’ve never got an answer and, as I suspect you well know, my question was...what’s your alternative solution to a second referendum as a way through this impasse so your response of ‘I don’t want a second referendum’ is hardly relevant is it?
    You asked me a question which I answered. Not my problem that you are too thick to understand the response.
    In fact you’ve never understood anyone’s answer on here.
    What would make you happy? Would you be happy that I said I wanted a second referendum when my position has always been we’ve already had a referendum. You and Swaledale are really moving into dumb and dumber territory.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryRam View Post
    You asked me a question which I answered. Not my problem that you are too thick to understand the response.
    In fact you’ve never understood anyone’s answer on here.
    What would make you happy? Would you be happy that I said I wanted a second referendum when my position has always been we’ve already had a referendum. You and Swaledale are really moving into dumb and dumber territory.
    Jeez...it appears you really have finally lost the plot.
    I have suggested that a second referendum may offer the only way out of the current mess and asked you...’what’s your alternative’?

Your response was ‘why do I need an alternative...I don’t want a second referendum’.
    I’d ask htf that can possibly be regarded as a serious and sensible response, but I think I’ll leave it there...comprehension clearly isn’t your strong point.

Page 509 of 922 FirstFirst ... 9409459499507508509510511519559609 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)