+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 414 of 921 FirstFirst ... 314364404412413414415416424464514914 ... LastLast
Results 4,131 to 4,140 of 9205

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

In terms of percentage of possible voters voting for them, this and the previous parliament is no different to the sub 50% support for the referendum decision.

There may well have been careless handling of the truth surrounding the pre referendum canvassing (on both sides) but do you really think the same is not true before parliamentary elections.....

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    In terms of percentage of possible voters voting for them, this and the previous parliament is no different to the sub 50% support for the referendum decision.

There may well have been careless handling of the truth surrounding the pre referendum canvassing (on both sides) but do you really think the same is not true before parliamentary elections.....
    We have been here before...and of course I agree that politicians are invariably careless/economic with the truth.
    The old adage of ‘how do you know a politician is lying...because their lips are moving’ has never been more true.
    The difference however is that, in the case of General Elections, at least we (the electorate) stand a chance of (partially) correcting our mistakes within five years.
    In the case of the Referendum this is likely to impact (imo badly) upon people’s lives for many decades to come.

One of the votes this past week in Wastemonster was to rule out No Deal as an option.

No Deal is still a possibilty because those Wastemonster Jodrells also voted to extend Article 50 to the end of June. What they forgot, however, was that a) May has to have a very good reason to persuade the EU 27 that there is something new on the table they can take seriously b) it will take just one of the 27 to say no/non/nein/nee on, I believe the 21st and our government will be left with a mere 10 days to make a decision and that might be overtaken by the looming deadline of March 31st, 23:00 UK time when, if there has not been an agreement and the extension was voted down by the EU then the UK will leave on WTO terms.

This aint over yet. Far from it in fact.

[QUOTE=ramAnag;39173021]Not much arguing with the first five though is there?
    For what it’s worth I don’t for one minute think I know more than you MoP...I do however believe that a very significant number of ‘Leavers’ were totally misled...not least by a man - Farage - who has done very nicely at ‘feathering his own nest’ out of both the EU and Brexit.[/QUOTE

Not feathered it anymore than Osbourne and Cameron theve not done bad out of it

[QUOTE=mistaram;39173627]
    Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Not much arguing with the first five though is there?
    For what it’s worth I don’t for one minute think I know more than you MoP...I do however believe that a very significant number of ‘Leavers’ were totally misled...not least by a man - Farage - who has done very nicely at ‘feathering his own nest’ out of both the EU and Brexit.[/QUOTE

Not feathered it anymore than Osbourne and Cameron theve not done bad out of it
    When have I ever defended the gruesome twosome?

The point about Farage is that he has made a fortune - and a very, very healthy pension - out of something he has spent the last God knows how long trying to destroy.

‘Man of the people’? Don’t make me laugh.

[QUOTE=ramAnag;39174078]
    Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post

When have I ever defended the gruesome twosome?

The point about Farage is that he has made a fortune - and a very, very healthy pension - out of something he has spent the last God knows how long trying to destroy.

‘Man of the people’? Don’t make me laugh.

I've got no time for Farage but he's no worse than those two Watch Cameron in Y/tube talking to Donald Tusk he asks him why he had the referendum. Cameron says the country wanted it so we put it in our manifesto We ended up in a coalition then we carried on with it being certain the Lib Dems would veto it But they didn't How bloody stupid and selfish was that He's been more a danger to this country than Farage could ever be ill

[QUOTE=mistaram;39174098]
    I've got no time for Farage but he's no worse than those two Watch Cameron in Y/tube talking to Donald Tusk he asks him why he had the referendum. Cameron says the country wanted it so we put it in our manifesto We ended up in a coalition then we carried on with it being certain the Lib Dems would veto it But they didn't How bloody stupid and selfish was that He's been more a danger to this country than Farage could ever be ill
    Doesn’t matter though mista. Totally agree about Cameron and Osborne - and anyone else in the Bullingdon Club come to that - but they’re ‘yesterday’s men’, politically speaking.
    Farage on the other hand is about to kick off all over again and if you want an example of someone who has profited out of everyone else’s Brexit nightmare...look no further.
    Hypocrite of the first order imo.

[QUOTE=ramAnag;39174167]

Doesn’t matter though mista. Totally agree about Cameron and Osborne - and anyone else in the Bullingdon Club come to that - but they’re ‘yesterday’s men’, politically speaking.
    Farage on the other hand is about to kick off all over again and if you want an example of someone who has profited out of everyone else’s Brexit nightmare...look no further.
    Hypocrite of the first order imo.
    RA agree with you 100% about Farage but they are all hypocrites Gove is now arse kicking May because he wants her job this is what he said " The day after we vote to leave we hold all the cards " What about Liam (keeping my head down) Fox "The deal we do with the EU will be one of the easiest in human history" Don't get me on about Johnson Davis Redwood etc all two faces liars Rant over going to P/park to watch the U23 c Wolves at least those lads are genuine

[QUOTE=mistaram;39174399]

RA agree with you 100% about Farage but they are all hypocrites Gove is now arse kicking May because he wants her job this is what he said " The day after we vote to leave we hold all the cards " What about Liam (keeping my head down) Fox "The deal we do with the EU will be one of the easiest in human history" Don't get me on about Johnson Davis Redwood etc all two faces liars Rant over going to P/park to watch the U23 c Wolves at least those lads are genuine
    I couldn’t agree with you more, but Farage enrages me most because he is the one who has got ‘rich, fat and famous’ from his pretence to be offering a different face of politics. He and Trump are, to me, the biggest political cons of all time.
    Enjoy the U23’s.

[QUOTE=ramAnag;39174492]

I couldn’t agree with you more, but Farage enrages me most because he is the one who has got ‘rich, fat and famous’ from his pretence to be offering a different face of politics. He and Trump are, to me, the biggest political cons of all time.
    Enjoy the U23’s.
    RA I'm disillusioned with all our political system Full of self serving crooks imo.Been reading about David Davis walked out of Brexit talks because his brain wouldn't allow to understand what it was actually about.Read his register of Financial Interests JOB Rocester ST145J reads from
    1at Jan2019 to 1st Jan2020 External advisor 20yrs a year paid quarterly
    Not bad £3,000 an hour still I bet he's an expert on bulldozers
    Just coincidence that each Brexiteer Lord Bamford is the largest Tory donor . The same bloke who paid Boris £10,000 to make a Brexit speech to his employees

U23 good game win 2-1 against Wolves in the cup Wolves in the division below but they are too of it Derby scored with goals from Mitchel-Lawson and Cresswell Wolves team mainly Portuguese and Spanish players

Page 414 of 921 FirstFirst ... 314364404412413414415416424464514914 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)