+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 440 of 922 FirstFirst ... 340390430438439440441442450490540 ... LastLast
Results 4,391 to 4,400 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I've told you about those exclamation marks Swale, the punctuation mark of the desperate.
    No the sign of exasperation at the complete lack of basic knowledge on here! Jeez, do you really think I take this seriously?

As for schooling a forces veteran, mm in my experience the paid mercenaries don't have a ****ing clue , they are after all paid to follow orders not think about military policy and defence procurement!

Mind you it isn't difficult to find out what the Uk's military capability is - haven't we still got an expensive air craft carrier that has yet to have any aircraft?

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    Ramanag and swale, I understand you doubt why I should not advocate a EU army, so I will spell it out...….Nato is responsible for peace across Europe. Nato has been the cornerstone of western security since WW2 and won the cold war before the EU even existed. When it has tried to intervene in security matters the Eu has failed and Nato has rescued the situation, such as in the Balkans in the 1990's. Mi5 and Mi6 base their information on the 5 eyes agreement with USA, Australia, Canada and New Zealand. The EU does not help intelligence sharing, in fact many members cannot be trusted due to their close relationship with Russia. If we stay the EU is planning the creation of an EU army. This would mean that that the UK would lose control of its defence. Out side the EU we willretain close military ties with EU countries and our allies across the world, but will be able to deploy our forces as we wish, NOT HOW WE ARE TOLD BY BRUSSELS.
    But we have a veto on joining an Eu Army, so its not an issue! Anyway the notion of an Eu force is still just that a notion, its format and make up still to be decided, can't really see the French or Germans giving up their own defence capability, so the EU Army is more likely to be like NATO - a collaboration of forces. But the point still stands that we don't have the military capability to deploy - as I said, we don't even have the capability to mount a Falklands mission anymore.

Farage the common mans saviour!!

It was always baked into Farage’s rhetoric that if the public voted to leave, the elite would seek to thwart their wishes. The truth, again, is quite otherwise. The political class has strained every tendon to find a way of delivering the undeliverable: of extracting the UK from a 46-year relationship without wrecking its prosperity, security and access to the wider world.

Brexit has failed because the square-circling task is impossible. We must stay, or accept a grievous cost: that is the choice now. But Farage appeals to a primal social instinct: the sensation that the few are, yet again, cheating the many of their unsullied dream. It is not the dream that is at fault, you understand, but those who sabotage it. Just as Marxists insist true communism has never been tried, so Brexiteers declare that their simple plan has been wrecked by weaklings, quislings and fools.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    No the sign of exasperation at the complete lack of basic knowledge on here! Jeez, do you really think I take this seriously?

As for schooling a forces veteran, mm in my experience the paid mercenaries don't have a ****ing clue , they are after all paid to follow orders not think about military policy and defence procurement!

Mind you it isn't difficult to find out what the Uk's military capability is - haven't we still got an expensive air craft carrier that has yet to have any aircraft?
    What experience, you're full of **** and been proved wrong at every juncture? Paid mercenaries, or professional servicemen protecting your right to talk *******s?

You are a ****ing idiot. You are the thickest and most arrogant piece of **** I've ever come across. You are so thick it is painful. I've never known someone so naive. I'm sure you realise this, but anyone with half a brain cell can see right through you. You know **** all about anything. It doesn't surprise me that posters left this site due to you. You may pull the wool over others eyes who are naive in these matters, but everyone else sees through you. Education is free, perhaps you should've paid attention.

I'll take the yellow Andy, it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Farage the common mans saviour!

It was always baked into Farage’s rhetoric that if the public voted to leave, the elite would seek to thwart their wishes. The truth, again, is quite otherwise. The political class has strained every tendon to find a way of delivering the undeliverable: of extracting the UK from a 46-year relationship without wrecking its prosperity, security and access to the wider world.

Brexit has failed because the square-circling task is impossible. We must stay, or accept a grievous cost: that is the choice now. But Farage appeals to a primal social instinct: the sensation that the few are, yet again, cheating the many of their unsullied dream. It is not the dream that is at fault, you understand, but those who sabotage it. Just as Marxists insist true communism has never been tried, so Brexiteers declare that their simple plan has been wrecked by weaklings, quislings and fools.
    Showing your true colours here Swale? Posting 3 comments on the brexit thread just as we go 3-1 up and during the dramatic second half. Strange

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post

A bIt sweary, consider yourself ticked off

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    What experience, you're full of **** and been proved wrong at every juncture? Paid mercenaries, or professional servicemen protecting your right to talk *******s?

You are a ****ing idiot. You are the thickest and most arrogant piece of **** I've ever come across. You are so thick it is painful. I've never known someone so naive. I'm sure you realise this, but anyone with half a brain cell can see right through you. You know **** all about anything. It doesn't surprise me that posters left this site due to you. You may pull the wool over others eyes who are naive in these matters, but everyone else sees through you. Education is free, perhaps you should've paid attention.

well said Adi, it is very hard to convince people who don't listen to the facts so I will just give a quote "We have a legitimate need to protect and enhance our global interests. It is important that we maintain the independent defence capability to do so. We stand the best chance of doing so OUTSIDE THE EU. " Defence Secretary Penny Mordount.

Good luck in the play off final Adi.

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    well said Adi, it is very hard to convince people who don't listen to the facts so I will just give a quote "We have a legitimate need to protect and enhance our global interests. It is important that we maintain the independent defence capability to do so. We stand the best chance of doing so OUTSIDE THE EU. " Defence Secretary Penny Mordount.

Good luck in the play off final Adi.
    But Penny Mordaunt would say that, claw. She’s an avowed ‘Leave’ campaigner who supported Andrea Leadsom against May back in 2016.

That’s her opinion, no ‘facts’ there and nothing about an EU army either.

As we approach 5,000 posts on this gripping subject, I'd be interested to know whether each of you have either changed your point of view on the Brexit issue or even changed your mind about how you should have voted. My guess is that this forum merely reflects the country as a whole and there has been no give and take on the subject. If so, no wonder there's stagnation

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    As we approach 5,000 posts on this gripping subject, I'd be interested to know whether each of you have either changed your point of view on the Brexit issue or even changed your mind about how you should have voted. My guess is that this forum merely reflects the country as a whole and there has been no give and take on the subject. If so, no wonder there's stagnation
    Lol...you’ve changed your mind more than enough for the whole forum, Andy. How’s that fence today?

Page 440 of 922 FirstFirst ... 340390430438439440441442450490540 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)