+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 558 of 922 FirstFirst ... 58458508548556557558559560568608658 ... LastLast
Results 5,571 to 5,580 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

The concept of "society" is an interesting one, and not really part of a Brexit debate. Yes, Brexit will impact on money available to spend on societal issues, but so will defence budget, tax policy etc etc

The question of how much funds should be allocated to "society" is much bigger than Brexit, and, to a large extent, not a Brexit question. Aggregate revenue generation post Brexit (be it greater or lesser) can always be topped up if there is a will of parliament to focus spending on these things.

You cannot automatically assume that Brexit will see a reduction in spending on these things, no matter how one eyed you decide to be

[QUOTE=Manofpride;39344619]He's doing his best to give what the majority of people voted for, and that's leave!
    He can see the minority who wanted to stay are trying everything in their power to scupper it. We all have opinions of whats going to happen but the fact is no one knows! Everyone in the UK should now get on board to make this break from the EU as smooth and quickly as possible then all work together to try and get this Country back on it's feet where it belongs. I'm still convinced that there are people out there who want this to fail just to say I told you so. Boris is having none of it and although the remainers are throwing all the **** they can gather to throw at him he still stands resilient. Boris is getting the job done, the remainers know it and that's why they hate him. Remainers all bullie

Doesn't it worry you that nobody knows what's going to happen Because if you were trying to run a business it would sure worry you

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    The concept of "society" is an interesting one, and not really part of a Brexit debate. Yes, Brexit will impact on money available to spend on societal issues, but so will defence budget, tax policy etc etc

The question of how much funds should be allocated to "society" is much bigger than Brexit, and, to a large extent, not a Brexit question. Aggregate revenue generation post Brexit (be it greater or lesser) can always be topped up if there is a will of parliament to focus spending on these things.

You cannot automatically assume that Brexit will see a reduction in spending on these things, no matter how one eyed you decide to be
    How am I being ‘one eyed’? I’m trying desperately to introduce some objectivity here.

I am asking for all the allegations, however well founded they may be, to be set aside and for us somehow to simplify this down to answering the question...is Johnson’s new deal going to make us wealthier or less wealthy than we currently are as members of the EU.

That surely needs to be information available to Parliament prior to the vote and the people in the event of a second Referendum.

As either an accountant or a retired woodwork teacher I’d have thought you’d appreciate the quantifiable value of numbers.

Given that Brexiteers claim the support of the so called ‘dispossessed’ it could be argued that Brexit is very much a ‘societal issue’...add to that the impact of the cost of Brexit on budgetary money available to solve social issues and problems and I’d argue it absolutely is.

I would contend that the dispossessed tend to have nothing to lose in the first place, so cannot fear the financial consequences of Brexit.

Their motivation to my mind is more grounded in making other people worse off, to satisfy some sort of jealousy perhaps? Kick out the poles to "get our jobs back", throw out the Slovaks who are taking our hospital beds etc. The dispossessed seem happy to bring others down to their level, rather than applying diligence to raising themselves up.

This is not to tar all brexiteers with that brush, but rather to direct observations on the group you brought up.

Other news....... is there other news? Even the EU side is sounding half confident of a deal in the near future......... might the prospect of such a deal force BoJo to go for a 1 month extension if they are really close but not there yet? Stranger things have happened. Makes a change from the usual doom and gloom from Brexit talks anyway.

Not arguing for any one here. But didn't Merkel say yesterday, that they have to consider the UK as a serious rival like USA/China on the global market? That sounds worrying for them, if she's saying it.

It would be ironic if the deal went through, with only a limited (but enough) approval by parliament, on the 5th November. This time Parliaments could be undermined again, BoJo can be tossed onto the bonfire and rA will gleefully light the pyre.

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    He's doing his best to give what the majority of people voted for, and that's leave!
    He can see the minority who wanted to stay are trying everything in their power to scupper it. We all have opinions of whats going to happen but the fact is no one knows! Everyone in the UK should now get on board to make this break from the EU as smooth and quickly as possible then all work together to try and get this Country back on it's feet where it belongs. I'm still convinced that there are people out there who want this to fail just to say I told you so. Boris is having none of it and although the remainers are throwing all the **** they can gather to throw at him he still stands resilient. Boris is getting the job done, the remainers know it and that's why they hate him. Remainers all bullies IMO!
    No they dislike a lying two faced philandering toerag who hasn't an ounc eof decency in his body and is only a leaver because it suits his political ambitions!

If you think Brexit is the path to getting this country back on its feet (whatever the **** that means? Wasn't aware we had an issue to until that **** Cameron held a referendum which as events over the past three years have shown was beyond the understanding of most people!).

This majority you talk about, thats 25 in favour out of 37% who voted? Mm that seems to me a very small majority and so anyone who claims its "the will of the people" or what the majority voted for is stretching the facts rather widely.

In point of fact there is zero chanc eof a deal and that lying ******* who is somehow the countries Pm knows that and continues to spin his lies and deceit, but oh dear the stupid and clueless think he is their saviour!

Laugh you couldn't make it up, first you laud a rich stockbroker who hob knobs with some of the most right wing anti ordinary people around and thin that somehow his populous ****e means he is on your side - stupid, credible, gormless witless bloody hell there is no end to the stupidity of somepeople who will believe any old ****e as long as it somehow equates to what they believe.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Other news....... is there other news? Even the EU side is sounding half confident of a deal in the near future......... might the prospect of such a deal force BoJo to go for a 1 month extension if they are really close but not there yet? Stranger things have happened. Makes a change from the usual doom and gloom from Brexit talks anyway.
    Not a ****ing chance in hell of a deal, unless there is a spectacular cave in by that lying ******* who is currently our PM and bringing shame on this once proud country!

[QUOTE=mistaram;39344775]
    Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    He's doing his best to give what the majority of people voted for, and that's leave!
    He can see the minority who wanted to stay are trying everything in their power to scupper it. We all have opinions of whats going to happen but the fact is no one knows! Everyone in the UK should now get on board to make this break from the EU as smooth and quickly as possible then all work together to try and get this Country back on it's feet where it belongs. I'm still convinced that there are people out there who want this to fail just to say I told you so. Boris is having none of it and although the remainers are throwing all the **** they can gather to throw at him he still stands resilient. Boris is getting the job done, the remainers know it and that's why they hate him. Remainers all bullie

Doesn't it worry you that nobody knows what's going to happen Because if you were trying to run a business it would sure worry you
    I doubt he would even know howto try to run a business! So we are prepared to **** aerospace, automobile, pharmaceuticals, finance, chemicals and agriculture in order to gain completely illusory "control" over something which we had in fact never lost control of?

Yep seems an entirely sensible idea to me, lets **** the country's economy for a decade just to satisfy the ravings of a less than a third of the Uk's population!

Page 558 of 922 FirstFirst ... 58458508548556557558559560568608658 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)