+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 319 of 922 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321329369419819 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,190 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Two and a half years and right about figures? By my reckoning this debate only started 1 1/2 years ago, so back to being wrong with numbers you go!!
    Don’t spoil it...I wasn’t just talking about this debate.
    At least Adi has behaved like a gentleman...even if Andy is still in denial.
    Either way, the outpouring of polite disagreement on this thread makes a pleasant change.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Don’t spoil it...I wasn’t just talking about this debate.
    At least Adi has behaved like a gentleman...even if Andy is still in denial.
    Either way, the outpouring of polite disagreement on this thread makes a pleasant change.
    Ha! Not in denial, Adi's assertion is correct (although his last number is wrong), RR just went off on one trying to add value to the debate and up his fee. RR isn't wrong, but neither is Adi, and he rolled over a bit too easy on that one. May I politely say.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Ha! Not in denial, Adi's assertion is correct (although his last number is wrong), RR just went off on one trying to add value to the debate and up his fee. RR isn't wrong, but neither is Adi, and he rolled over a bit too easy on that one. May I politely say.
    You may say it as often and politely as you like, but the figures Adi produced do absolutely nothing to support his suggestion that a weaker pound and increasing inflation ‘has been the case for the last 20 years during our EU membership’. The figures actually prove the opposite while, I would politely add, they also hint at how much better things were under Blair and prior to what is euphemistically called the ‘banking crisis’...aka the time when greedy bankers and crooked financiers got caught out, but remain largely unpunished, for ripping the rest of us off.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 13-02-2018 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    You may say it as often and politely as you like, but the figures Adi produced do absolutely nothing to support his suggestion that a weaker pound and increasing inflation ‘has been the case for the last 20 years during our EU membership’. The figures actually prove the opposite while, I would politely add, they also hint at how much better things were under Blair and prior to what is euphemistically called the ‘banking crisis’...aka the time when greedy bankers and crooked financiers got caught out, but remain largely unpunished, for ripping the rest of us off.
    We’ll have to agree to differ on most of that so, the debate continues!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Those stats are pretty powerful, I think I might pm them to Swale.
    And that comment shows why those who champion leave haven't the faintist idea what Brexit will mean! If your going to quote statistics then please give them some context!

Tying those stats to one factor, our membership of the Eu and claiming they make a powerful case to leave is why I don't bother contributing to this so called debate anymore.

Just remember my predictions - if we have a full on hard Brexit the economy of this country will be stiffed for decades. The people who will suffer most economically will be the very people who have been most enthusiastic about Brexit and especially those that live in economically deprived areas.

Lesson over I'm back to earning more dosh for my retirement helping companies mitigate Brexit by removing their operations from the UK and in doing so taking jobs, income and tax revenues with them!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    And that comment shows why those who champion leave haven't the faintist idea what Brexit will mean! If your going to quote statistics then please give them some context!

Tying those stats to one factor, our membership of the Eu and claiming they make a powerful case to leave is why I don't bother contributing to this so called debate anymore.

Just remember my predictions - if we have a full on hard Brexit the economy of this country will be stiffed for decades. The people who will suffer most economically will be the very people who have been most enthusiastic about Brexit and especially those that live in economically deprived areas.

Lesson over I'm back to earning more dosh for my retirement helping companies mitigate Brexit by removing their operations from the UK and in doing so taking jobs, income and tax revenues with them!
    I knew you'd bite.

You can't help but brag off about your money earning abilities can you - notice how no-one else feels the need to spunk off about their earning capability?

I think the exchange rate stats (although they were wrong) do make a point in support of what Adi was saying, although none of my lines of argument could cause anything but three pages of contradictions, so I backed off going off on one with reams of context/evidence. You might also notice we had a friendly bit of banter, you should try joining in some time

How is that new job as a furniture removal man's assistant going then Swale? Is the humping training complete? Must be about ready to learn how to "phwoar" the female office staff soon?

😁😁😉

Swale, much as I’m far more likely to agree with you than Andy over Brexit, doesn’t that latest answer put you in competition with Johnson and Farage in the hypocrisy stakes?

Last edited by Trickytreesreds; 14-02-2018 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Bollux is bollux Tricky, however well enunciated it may be...and that is, most certainly, pure bollux!

Page 319 of 922 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321329369419819 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)