+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 549 of 922 FirstFirst ... 49449499539547548549550551559599649 ... LastLast
Results 5,481 to 5,490 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Sadly Andy the appointment of Jo Swinson doesn’t inspire much confidence does it?
    You’d think with an imbecile like Johnson in charge the business of opposition would be relatively straightforward.
    Unfortunately we seem to be in a time when the three major party leaders, not to mention the U.S. President, appear equally delusional, inadequate or narcissistic.
    Oh for some common sense from the likes of Starmer, Benn, Clarke and, although I never thought I’d say it, Grieve.
    I’ll probably - and pragmatically - still vote Liberal but with about as much enthusiasm as you’ll vote Remain.
    RA always took you to be left of centre .Not sure Jo Swinson fits that description she has a very right wing past She says no new prisons should be built , She won her Dunbartonshire seat in 2015 by promising to abolish university tuition fees then was one of 29 Lib Dems to for the £9,000 fee Cameron then made her Secretary of State for Employment ,she stated that she fully endorsed Zero hours contracts She does not agree with having a minimum wage stating it could even be cut . She wanted employers to voluntary adopt employee ownership on the proviso they give up some employees rights (very liberal of her) She's been quoted as saying she is a right leaning Lib Dem. In the 2015 election she was excluded from campaign funding by the Lib Dem main sponsor Lord Oakshott for her right wing tendencies . Wolf clothing sheep spring to mind with me

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    RA always took you to be left of centre .Not sure Jo Swinson fits that description she has a very right wing past She says no new prisons should be built , She won her Dunbartonshire seat in 2015 by promising to abolish university tuition fees then was one of 29 Lib Dems to for the £9,000 fee Cameron then made her Secretary of State for Employment ,she stated that she fully endorsed Zero hours contracts She does not agree with having a minimum wage stating it could even be cut . She wanted employers to voluntary adopt employee ownership on the proviso they give up some employees rights (very liberal of her) She's been quoted as saying she is a right leaning Lib Dem. In the 2015 election she was excluded from campaign funding by the Lib Dem main sponsor Lord Oakshott for her right wing tendencies . Wolf clothing sheep spring to mind with me
    Probably am slightly left of centre...but only slightly, mista.

I did suggest I was disappointed with the appointment of Jo Swinson and I completely accept your criticism of her.

As far as voting Liberal is concerned...I live in an area where the Tory candidate is a virtual shoo-in. Voting Labour is almost a waste of a vote and only the LibDems have come close to unseating the Tories in the time I’ve lived here.

Probably most closely aligned to Keir Starmer and Hilary Benn, but some of the ‘one nation’ Tories make sense as do some of the Lib Dems although I’m not sure Swinson is one of them. Quite like Ian Blackford too but overall I’m just increasingly demoralised by the standards of political leadership and debate in this country and the complete lack of integrity shown by those in power.

I know Swale, very reasonably, picked me up on my support for Vince Cable some months ago but I do think he’s more of a ‘leader’ than the current bunch put together.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 17-09-2019 at 08:43 PM.

As far as voting Liberal is concerned...
    Not sure if you caught the radio news earlier, the revoke article 50 thing appears to have gone down like a led balloon even with Libdem voters, and the LibDem MPs who were then wheeled in to justify it really struggled, the only thing they agreed on was that it will potentially act in a way that will benefit the Tories! Jesus wept, is NOTHING in politics properly thought through? where's Swale when we need him to bring clarity to this madness...

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Not sure if you caught the radio news earlier, the revoke article 50 thing appears to have gone down like a led balloon even with Libdem voters, and the LibDem MPs who were then wheeled in to justify it really struggled, the only thing they agreed on was that it will potentially act in a way that will benefit the Tories! Jesus wept, is NOTHING in politics properly thought through? where's Swale when we need him to bring clarity to this madness...
    ‘Is NOTHING in politics properly thought through?’

Apparently not any more, Andy.

Back on the very first page of this thread, on 4/7/16...I wrote, in response to MoP’s question about who should lead the country...

...’a genuine coalition of the best of Labour, the Liberals, the ‘one nation’ Tories, the Welsh, the SNP and the Greens’.

Johnson’s stubbornness and arrogance in proroguing Parliament and chasing a ‘no deal’ Brexit came close to making the above happen...unfortunately it may be Jo Swinson who now prevents it.

‘Is NOTHING in politics properly thought through?’

Apparently not any more, Andy.

Back on the very first page of this thread, on 4/7/16...I wrote, in response to MoP’s question about who should lead the country...

...’a genuine coalition of the best of Labour, the Liberals, the ‘one nation’ Tories, the Welsh, the SNP and the Greens’.

Johnson’s stubbornness and arrogance in proroguing Parliament and chasing a ‘no deal’ Brexit came close to making the above happen...unfortunately it may be Jo Swinson who now prevents it.
    She's just taken over from Gina Miller as Britain's most hated female (on social media).

I wouldn't include the SNP in a coalition of anything personally rA, they're more single-policy than The Brexit Party

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    She's just taken over from Gina Miller as Britain's most hated female (on social media).

I wouldn't include the SNP in a coalition of anything personally rA, they're more single-policy than The Brexit Party
    Bet you haven’t told Mrs. F. that last bit.

I sometimes think that being hated on social media may be a tribute to an individual’s intelligence and decency. From what I’ve heard recently it seems to be a world increasingly inhabited by ‘trolls’.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 18-09-2019 at 06:33 AM.

Probably am slightly left of centre...but only slightly, mista.

I did suggest I was disappointed with the appointment of Jo Swinson and I completely accept your criticism of her.

As far as voting Liberal is concerned...I live in an area where the Tory candidate is a virtual shoo-in. Voting Labour is almost a waste of a vote and only the LibDems have come close to unseating the Tories in the time I’ve lived here.

Probably most closely aligned to Keir Starmer and Hilary Benn, but some of the ‘one nation’ Tories make sense as do some of the Lib Dems although I’m not sure Swinson is one of them. Quite like Ian Blackford too but overall I’m just increasingly demoralised by the standards of political leadership and debate in this country and the complete lack of integrity shown by those in power.

I know Swale, very reasonably, picked me up on my support for Vince Cable some months ago but I do think he’s more of a ‘leader’ than the current bunch put together.
    RA I agree with every word of your post you out it much better than I do I just have a loathing of anything right wing . I know I should change but I can't

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    RA I agree with every word of your post you out it much better than I do I just have a loathing of anything right wing . I know I should change but I can't
    Don’t ever change chap...you chose Derby over Forest and when Left is right and Right is wrong you made a good call there too.

Aye but just at the moment Forest are more successful than Derby - is it so that right is more successful than left?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Aye but just at the moment Forest are more successful than Derby - is it so that right is more successful than left?
    ‘Successful’? GP.
    They’ve got off to a better start...something they often do before the traditional post bonfire night blow up.

As far as the politics goes...take away the extremes and I don’t think Right can ever be more ‘successful’ than Left. At it’s most fundamental level...the Right is the politics of greed and selfishness while the Left equates more to compassion and morality.

I know it’s more complicated than that and I’m far from being a religious man - share your contempt for most ‘organised religion’ - but if Jesus Christ had been defined by his politics...wouldn’t he have been left of centre?

Page 549 of 922 FirstFirst ... 49449499539547548549550551559599649 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)