+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 425 of 922 FirstFirst ... 325375415423424425426427435475525 ... LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,250 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

"Kill the poor"

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    "Kill the poor"
    Ah yes...

‘The sum beams down on a brand new day
    No more welfare tax to pay
    Unsightly slums gone up in flashing light
    Jobless millions whisked away
    At last we have more room to play
    All systems go to kill the poor tonight.’

The Gospel according to the (not so very far) Right?

Yet Jello Biafra is very much of the left

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Yet Jello Biafra is very much of the left
    ...and I’m no disciple...but I think the sentiments were written in the tone of sardonic satire, Parky...bit like your own comment.

Hard to believe that was almost forty years ago...sadly it seems even more relevant today.

Indeed so, but the threat is less down to the creation of the neutron bomb and more based on mankind's suicidal headlong plummet into resource wars and global environmental destruction.

and of course religion

At least 2 of my learned friends seem unaware that Farage is no longer a member of UKIP...... he heads the new Brexit Party. That's all by the by anyway as I don't see Farage getting elected to Parliament anyway so he couldn't be Prime Minister.

Let's all stay in this damnedawful monolith and act as 5th columnists and destroy it from within.......

A lovely idea but, as only the EU Commission is allowed to put policy forward for putting into Law, it aint gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    At least 2 of my learned friends seem unaware that Farage is no longer a member of UKIP...... he heads the new Brexit Party. That's all by the by anyway as I don't see Farage getting elected to Parliament anyway so he couldn't be Prime Minister.

Let's all stay in this damnedawful monolith and act as 5th columnists and destroy it from within.......

A lovely idea but, as only the EU Commission is allowed to put policy forward for putting into Law, it aint gonna happen.
    Not sure anyone’s mentioned Farage on here for a while MA, but I for one am all too well aware of his new ‘incarnation’.
    He is a political opportunist of the highest order imo, someone who has built a career and won fame and fortune on the basis of being able to offer the voice of populism some semblance of articulate ‘respectability’ however deceitful and artificial that may be.
    Fortunately, as someone I regard as the ultimate hypocrite, he is no nearer being elected to Parliament than he ever has been.
    He is, again imo, the single most negative and divisive current political presence in this country and the only person who has benefited from the actions of Nigel Farage over the last decade or so is...Nigel Farage himself who, while the country as a whole has been thrown into three years of increasing chaos, has done very nicely indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Not sure anyone’s mentioned Farage on here for a while MA, but I for one am all too well aware of his new ‘incarnation’.
    He is a political opportunist of the highest order imo, someone who has built a career and won fame and fortune on the basis of being able to offer the voice of populism some semblance of articulate ‘respectability’ however deceitful and artificial that may be.
    Fortunately, as someone I regard as the ultimate hypocrite, he is no nearer being elected to Parliament than he ever has been.
    He is, again imo, the single most negative and divisive current political presence in this country and the only person who has benefited from the actions of Nigel Farage over the last decade or so is...Nigel Farage himself who, while the country as a whole has been thrown into three years of increasing chaos, has done very nicely indeed.
    Not on your Xmas card list then?

By creating a new party that not enough people will vote for, serves only to divide the overall vote further, raising the possibility of a hung parliament. Easy meal ticket for Mr Farage, hardly going to come out the "bad guy" of his supporters. I share your opinion of him, though I feel that way about most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Not on your Xmas card list then?

By creating a new party that not enough people will vote for, serves only to divide the overall vote further, raising the possibility of a hung parliament. Easy meal ticket for Mr Farage, hardly going to come out the "bad guy" of his supporters. I share your opinion of him, though I feel that way about most of them.
    Wow...that’s a (pleasant) surprise Adi.
    I know the rest of them are a largely pretty unimpressive bunch but at least they stand for something however much we may disagree.
    Farage is purely negative...happy to knock things down and cause national confusion and doubt, but never offers a solution while in the meantime he increases his own personal wealth and the value of his EU provided pension.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Ah but who is funding this Brexit party? Its not Farage thats for sure! AS for who has benefitted from his actions well theres a cabal of the elite very wealthy people who if he gets his way and convinces those ignorant ****s who think he's on their side who will benefit very nicely to the tune of billions and its us suckers who will be paying that!

Page 425 of 922 FirstFirst ... 325375415423424425426427435475525 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)