+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 715 of 922 FirstFirst ... 215615665705713714715716717725765815 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,150 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Most of them very much had a clue what they were voting for, it just wasn't anything to do with the question asked.
    Interesting observation...which is a first for this thread for a while. Care to explain further?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Interesting observation...which is a first for this thread for a while. Care to explain further?
    I've made this point before, based mainly on anecdotes from my unfiltered social media accounts (ie i am 'friends' with all sorts, not just those who agree with my POV) and from conversations during my significant travel round the UK (pre Covid) mainly pursuing my music mag editorship:

Regardless of what the exam question was, most folk I spoke to (who voted leave) did so for one of three reasons, none really to do with our relationship with EU and all intertwined. They were:

Lack of control of immigration - from anywhere. VERY few ever expressed a blanket hatred of the concept of immigration, fewer still a hatred of immigrants as individuals, but the lack of any effective filters was a constant 'top of the pops' in any discussion.

Loss of control, not of sovereignty but of 'Britishness' (and more specifically, because the smaller nations seem more able to resist, Englishness). The idea that 'diversity' is 'good for us' and 'something we need to embrace' is considered a box of *******s by most people, funnily enough the more so the more someone lived in a 'diverse' community (come to Great Yarmouth with me any time with a 'Diversity Rules' badge on if you want a healthy discussion!)

A feeling that 'we the people' are being subject to coercive control by 'the establishment' being told 'what's right' in a manner far more extreme than even the old days of 'doffing one's cap' to the gentry

The 'me' of 2009 would have just laughed all that off, but it was then that I started 'getting out more' (and very much outside my bubble) and had my eyes opened. As I've said 1000 times before I voted remain, and very much from an 'I'm alright Jack' point of view, but I've stuck up for the Brexit result and those who voted thus because I've seen the anger and despair out there that the normal 'man in the street' has been marginalised, and Brexit was seen as a means to punch 'the establishment' on the nose without especially betraying deeply held political leanings

Observation not (necessarily) opinion

Hi Angry, nice to hear from you. How are you doing??
    Yes, unfortunately Brexit still seems a more popular ring for a verbal punch up than discussing the plight of the Rams. So, how do you reckon our season will end, is it sink or swim? The tensions mounting!

Quote Originally Posted by AngryRam View Post
    Just popped in 😂 Jeezus nothing has changed. Swaledale still mentally disturbed I see. Seriously it’s a concern, it’s the ramblings of someone who needs help.
    Yo, Angry dude!

Good to see you back, respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Yo, Angry dude!

Good to see you back, respect.
    Cheers mate. I see you are still fighting the good fight 😂🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
    Geezer in a sandwich short of a picnic..

Cheers mate. I see you are still fighting the good fight ����������������
    I like him, he makes me laugh.
    I think he's the love child of Lord Adonis and the Incredible Hulk.
    Such anger/hypocrisy-mixed with patronising arrogance and narcissism.
    You can feel the love

Cheers mate. I see you are still fighting the good fight ����������������
    Syas the ****er who certainly isn't the full ticket!

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I like him, he makes me laugh.
    I think he's the love child of Lord Adonis and the Incredible Hulk.
    Such anger/hypocrisy-mixed with patronising arrogance and narcissism.
    You can feel the love
    As distinct from you who is purely and simply thick, but as has been said ignorant people are too ignorant to know that they are ignorant. Still keep on quoting the opinions you have dredged up from your alt right fake news websites, its amusing if rather sad,

Still soon you will be able to pop over to Thailand for your recreational activties.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Syas the ****er who certainly isn't the full ticket!
    I see you have not lost your speedy wit and quality of retort.. Brilliant.. Just popped in to give you and the school teacher a hug. ❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I've made this point before, based mainly on anecdotes from my unfiltered social media accounts (ie i am 'friends' with all sorts, not just those who agree with my POV) and from conversations during my significant travel round the UK (pre Covid) mainly pursuing my music mag editorship:

Regardless of what the exam question was, most folk I spoke to (who voted leave) did so for one of three reasons, none really to do with our relationship with EU and all intertwined. They were:

Lack of control of immigration - from anywhere. VERY few ever expressed a blanket hatred of the concept of immigration, fewer still a hatred of immigrants as individuals, but the lack of any effective filters was a constant 'top of the pops' in any discussion.

Loss of control, not of sovereignty but of 'Britishness' (and more specifically, because the smaller nations seem more able to resist, Englishness). The idea that 'diversity' is 'good for us' and 'something we need to embrace' is considered a box of *******s by most people, funnily enough the more so the more someone lived in a 'diverse' community (come to Great Yarmouth with me any time with a 'Diversity Rules' badge on if you want a healthy discussion!)

A feeling that 'we the people' are being subject to coercive control by 'the establishment' being told 'what's right' in a manner far more extreme than even the old days of 'doffing one's cap' to the gentry

The 'me' of 2009 would have just laughed all that off, but it was then that I started 'getting out more' (and very much outside my bubble) and had my eyes opened. As I've said 1000 times before I voted remain, and very much from an 'I'm alright Jack' point of view, but I've stuck up for the Brexit result and those who voted thus because I've seen the anger and despair out there that the normal 'man in the street' has been marginalised, and Brexit was seen as a means to punch 'the establishment' on the nose without especially betraying deeply held political leanings

Observation not (necessarily) opinion
    Which is so hilarious because it was the actual establishment that wanted them to vote for Brexit, basically shows just how thick people are! Also as I've said before and further research has shown that at least 50% of the Brexiteers were comfortable middle class people over 60 who hankered after some rose tinted Uk they vaguely remember from their youth, who won't be unduly affected economically and have a completely unrealistic understanding of sovereignty!

Still one has to wonder at a poster who claims not to be racist, but moans incessantly about ethnic representation on the BBC, shorely shum mistake there?

Page 715 of 922 FirstFirst ... 215615665705713714715716717725765815 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)