+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 544 of 922 FirstFirst ... 44444494534542543544545546554594644 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,440 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I've given you one FFS.

A general election is where we are at.
    We voted leave, we were all told this was it. No second chance, no remit, no cobbling. Tories/Labour/Lib dems.

If a real negotiator, had gone in and not tried to stab everyone in the back. It would have been done 2 years ago.

However. She cocked it up, so NO DEAL/THE DEFAULT
    Should have been there for all to see. That isn't you and me, it is the EU directive on article 50.
    The vote was legalised and article 50 ratified.
    The decision WAS MADE!!!

So, all that is left now is the dead lock. Pick a party. Who ever gets in can apply their manifesto.
    There's your second referendum. It's how this country operates.

Now why are you scared of an election?
    Read this slowly and carefully.
    ‘A General Election is where we’re at’. Brilliant! Great answer.

That’s the question...why an Election and not a Referendum?

The way the negotiations have been conducted is no longer relevant so stop banging on about it...has no relevance to the question.

I’m not scared of an election but as I’ve now said time and time again...what is the point of a General Election when this is not really a matter of Party politics for Labour and the Conservatives?

One last time...a General Election is likely to lead to another hung Parliament...Pro Brexit Tories, the DUP and any Brexit Party MP’s who might get elected v Labour, Remain Tories, Lib Dems, Greens, Welsh and Scots. Where will that get us? Another ‘hung Parliament’ and no Brexit decision...that’s where.

That is my objection to a General Election at this stage and I can’t say it any other way. You can’t ‘pick a Party’, as you put it, on this single issue and we shouldn’t be electing a Government for the next five years based on one issue, however important.

You can however say ‘Johnson’s Deal vs Remain’ in a Referendum. The informed outcome dictates our relationship with Europe and you then have an election later over all the other crucial issues that have been forgotten for so long.
    It’s not perfect but it is a way forward. It’s your opportunity for the BP/Tory (well some of them) alliance that you have such confidence in...a way out of the ‘deadlock’...so why the reluctance?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Okay...sadly, imo, however tedious and boring it is - and I agree with you, it is - few things are likely to have more impact on our lives and those of our children for the foreseeable.
    OK, so how does another vote improve the life of us, or our children, for the foreseeable future? It doesn't does it? Just drags the saga out further, which will damage us, and our children's children's foreseeable future. I don't see any advantage to another vote for anyone, regardless of the result.

Question for the second referendum believers.
    As you did not like the fact that everyone did not vote so therefore it was null and void and also I have heard of many occasions that it should have been a two thirds majority to even be considered. Would the same rules apply on a second referendum? Remain would have to win by a two thirds majority in order to overturn the leave win in Ref 1? Or would miraculously a straight majority be okay with you this time? What would your position be if only 70% voted and you won by a slim margin? All okay then ?

why an Election and not a Referendum?
    Dead easy answer on that one - unlike a referendum, an election is not advisory, so the losing side, whoever that might be, couldn't bleat on ad infinitum about it being so

On a related note, I note that at least one other person who would vote remain should another referendum be called still feels so strongly about the will of the people that she is part of the push to leave - trouble is its Nicky Morgan, who looks as mad as a rabid horse with those superglued-open or heavily cocaine-influenced (allegedly) eyes

Quote Originally Posted by AngryRam View Post
    Question for the second referendum believers.
    As you did not like the fact that everyone did not vote so therefore it was null and void and also I have heard of many occasions that it should have been a two thirds majority to even be considered. Would the same rules apply on a second referendum? Remain would have to win by a two thirds majority in order to overturn the leave win in Ref 1? Or would miraculously a straight majority be okay with you this time? What would your position be if only 70% voted and you won by a slim margin? All okay then ?
    That's totally irrelevant Angry because this time it will be determined what percentage will be required to win or lose Where you have got the two thirds from his knows If dimwit Cameron has thought of it before we probably wouldn't be in this mess But he was that confident people would reject leaving He never bothered He's even admitted he was certain the Lib Dems would veto him having a vote. But they didn't veto did they All this just to pacify a few extreme right Tories

I've given you one FFS.

A general election is where we are at.
    We voted leave, we were all told this was it. No second chance, no remit, no cobbling. Tories/Labour/Lib dems.

If a real negotiator, had gone in and not tried to stab everyone in the back. It would have been done 2 years ago.

However. She cocked it up, so NO DEAL/THE DEFAULT
    Should have been there for all to see. That isn't you and me, it is the EU directive on article 50.
    The vote was legalised and article 50 ratified.
    The decision WAS MADE!!!

So, all that is left now is the dead lock. Pick a party. Who ever gets in can apply their manifesto.
    There's your second referendum. It's how this country operates.

Now why are you scared of an election?
    Read this slowly and carefully.
    How did May cock it up? She was trying to reach an agreement that was fair to ALL in the country and bythe way in case you hadn't noticed, we haven't even got to a deal yet, it was a withdrawal agreement, an interim stage which allows the Uk to leave the EU and then begin the process of negotiating a deal and sorting the complicated issues which connect us with the EU!

Thats where the Brexiteers are lying when they claim a clean break as in no deal is either possible or never mind desirable, funny how you demonstrate a total ignorance of the detail and subtlety of this - its nothing like simply resigning ones club membership and it will take years to achieve in full.

But of course the Brexit supporters didn't say any of that during the referendum did they? No they claimed doing a deal would be simple and we would retain those things which were of benefit and ditch what we didn't like, regrettably life isn't like that as anybody with even half brain power could work out, but not apparently you!

****ing hell, why do i bother even replying to you posts? Over the course of this thread, you have churned out to varying degrees a stream of xenophobic, bigotted, ignorant crap, backed up by sources which to put it simply a 10 year old wouldn't give credence to!

Its a complete waste of time actually responding to you, your an idiot of the highest order no hope no thought process and naive with it, yet you clearly thin you have a grasp of reality! I find you so funny and so utterly sad at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    OK, so how does another vote improve the life of us, or our children, for the foreseeable future? It doesn't does it? Just drags the saga out further, which will damage us, and our children's children's foreseeable future. I don't see any advantage to another vote for anyone, regardless of the result.
    Depends on your standpoint I suppose Adi. The aim would be to resolve the issue. Obviously I would hope for a Remain result which, imo, would enhance the likelihood of our nation having a more secure and prosperous future. You as a self confessed ‘borderline’ Leave voter probably differ as far as that outcome is concerned.

QED I rest my case m'lud
    You have no case because you simply haven't a clue what your talking about! Talking about no deal having to be on the table, when the EU know that it would be a disaster for the country and no sane person, unless of course your a rich hedge fund manager betting several billion on that disaster happening?

And where does Johnson get his financial backing? Oh most comes from people involved in hedge Funds that are betting billions on a no deal! Why is Ress-Mogg so keen on no deal? Oh he happens to own a hedge fund (now locted in the EU!) which stands to make billions betting on it. Who is behind Farage? Oh yes financiers (some of them very dodgy!) who stad to make billions from a no deal scenario!

How thick do you have to be not to understand that none of these people give a **** about you?

Depends on your standpoint I suppose Adi. The aim would be to resolve the issue. Obviously I would hope for a Remain result which, imo, would enhance the likelihood of our nation having a more secure and prosperous future. You as a self confessed ‘borderline’ Leave voter probably differ as far as that outcome is concerned.
    Then you, respectfully, have missed the point.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    How did May cock it up?
    She cocked it up by holding a second election, being **** at campaigning and listening too much to advisors who assured her that, yes don't worry folk will understand why you want to bring foxhunting back and and intuitively get that you are doing the right thing in changing the way care is funded.

Page 544 of 922 FirstFirst ... 44444494534542543544545546554594644 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)