+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 545 of 922 FirstFirst ... 45445495535543544545546547555595645 ... LastLast
Results 5,441 to 5,450 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Then you, respectfully, have missed the point.
    Don’t think he has ever hit one..

Quote Originally Posted by AngryRam View Post
    Question for the second referendum believers.
    As you did not like the fact that everyone did not vote so therefore it was null and void and also I have heard of many occasions that it should have been a two thirds majority to even be considered. Would the same rules apply on a second referendum? Remain would have to win by a two thirds majority in order to overturn the leave win in Ref 1? Or would miraculously a straight majority be okay with you this time? What would your position be if only 70% voted and you won by a slim margin? All okay then ?

Ah...more Leave avoidance strategy. When asked a dead straight question respond with another question. Old and unsubtle trick.

You’re right...the ideal referendum would be participated in by the whole of the electorate. It happens in other countries apparently but is probably naively idealistic to attempt here in the current circumstances.

Answer is, I don’t know and it’s not up to me. I imagine a great deal of very careful thought would have to go in to the exact conditions. I’d also point out that it wouldn’t be the second but the third Referendum on this subject.

Hopefully the vastly increased publicity regarding any ‘endgame’ referendum would ensure greater involvement on the part of the electorate so my opinion is...if the conditions were properly spelt out and 70% voted then the majority, either way and however slim, would have to be respected.

The question though remains unanswered. Adi isn’t really that bothered. Tricky has come up with a frankly daft response...’because a General Election is where we are at’ and you’ve avoided it altogether by asking another question.

Okay...no one said it would be straightforward but in a ‘Johnson’s new deal v Remain’ referendum at least you’d have an answer.
    Would you get that with a General Election? Given the current level and form of division and for the reasons I have given time and time again, almost certainly not.
    So...yet again...why, in a single issue question, a General Election rather than a Referendum? Makes absolutely no sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Then you, respectfully, have missed the point.

Which is?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Ah...more Leave avoidance strategy. When asked a dead straight question respond with another question. Old and unsubtle trick.

You’re right...the ideal referendum would be participated in by the whole of the electorate. It happens in other countries apparently but is probably naively idealistic to attempt here in the current circumstances.

Answer is, I don’t know and it’s not up to me. I imagine a great deal of very careful thought would have to go in to the exact conditions. I’d also point out that it wouldn’t be the second but the third Referendum on this subject.

Hopefully the vastly increased publicity regarding any ‘endgame’ referendum would ensure greater involvement on the part of the electorate so my opinion is...if the conditions were properly spelt out and 70% voted then the majority, either way and however slim, would have to be respected.

The question though remains unanswered. Adi isn’t really that bothered. Tricky has come up with a frankly daft response...’because a General Election is where we are at’ and you’ve avoided it altogether by asking another question.

Okay...no one said it would be straightforward but in a ‘Johnson’s new deal v Remain’ referendum at least you’d have an answer.
    Would you get that with a General Election? Given the current level and form of division and for the reasons I have given time and time again, almost certainly not.
    So...yet again...why, in a single issue question, a General Election rather than a Referendum? Makes absolutely no sense at all.
    Of course an election wont resolve the matter, its a single issue and an election will be clouded by a myriad other matters.

The only way to resolve it is for there to be a second referendum, with either leave with an agreed deal or remain on the ballot paper, it being made legally binding on any government and a minimum threshold either way.

Those who espouse no deal should be ignored for the obvious reasons which have been stated on this thread as anyone who supports this direction clearly is deranged and lost any sense of reality!

All an election will do is result in the same deadlock we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    She cocked it up by holding a second election, being **** at campaigning and listening too much to advisors who assured her that, yes don't worry folk will understand why you want to bring foxhunting back and and intuitively get that you are doing the right thing in changing the way care is funded.
    Yes I will concur on that, the election after she had said she wouldn't have one was a mistake, but then thats what happens when politicians listen to their shadowy advisors. Thats what will happen if we ahve an election before another referendum, the issue will be clouded by so called election bribes, which is obviously Johnson's strategy, though I don't see it working.

Which is?
    OK, so how does ****another vote**** improve the life of us, or our children, for the foreseeable future? It doesn't does it? Just ****drags the saga out further****, which will damage us, and our children's children's foreseeable future. I don't see any advantage to another vote for anyone, ****regardless of the result****

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    How did May cock it up? She was trying to reach an agreement that was fair to ALL in the country and bythe way in case you hadn't noticed, we haven't even got to a deal yet, it was a withdrawal agreement, an interim stage which allows the Uk to leave the EU and then begin the process of negotiating a deal and sorting the complicated issues which connect us with the EU!

Thats where the Brexiteers are lying when they claim a clean break as in no deal is either possible or never mind desirable, funny how you demonstrate a total ignorance of the detail and subtlety of this - its nothing like simply resigning ones club membership and it will take years to achieve in full.

But of course the Brexit supporters didn't say any of that during the referendum did they? No they claimed doing a deal would be simple and we would retain those things which were of benefit and ditch what we didn't like, regrettably life isn't like that as anybody with even half brain power could work out, but not apparently you!

****ing hell, why do i bother even replying to you posts? Over the course of this thread, you have churned out to varying degrees a stream of xenophobic, bigotted, ignorant crap, backed up by sources which to put it simply a 10 year old wouldn't give credence to!

Its a complete waste of time actually responding to you, your an idiot of the highest order no hope no thought process and naive with it, yet you clearly thin you have a grasp of reality! I find you so funny and so utterly sad at the same time.
    No you don't, you get angry like a rabid dog.
    You keep saying the same insultive stuff over and over and make yourself look a bigger berk than you are.
    Your English is attrocious(perhaps teacher mate could help you) and you contradict yourself all the time.
    Just do what you keep saying. DON'T RESPOND TO ME!!!
    It isn't difficult is it? Yet like a goldfish, you swim round your bowl, forget what you said and start again.
    Perhaps I'll call you "Dory", I'll let you work that one out.

Seeing as Swale is going to ignore me now, can anyone else explain to me,

you have churned out to varying degrees a stream of xenophobic, bigotted, ignorant crap,

I asked before, how I was bigotted and xenophobic, but he never answered?
    I presumed he was in rabid Liberal mode, of stereo typical insults.

I was not attempting to answer your question (okay I am losing patience here, so will adopt. Swaledale approach), you stupid moron.
    You are turning this thread into a ****ing joke. Unless some types what you want, they have not answered your question. Why does every response have to be in response of something you have said?

Right, IMO although strictly speaking a GE should be about multiple policies, it won’t be. It will be a single issue event. Do I want a GE? Not really, I would have liked the government to have delivered what was promised but that has not how it has turned out. This has turned party political and it should never have. So, no an election is not ideal but with the current state of Westminster, they have no choice. 2nd Referendum, we’ve had 4 years of absolute bollx from all sides, a lot now just want this to go away and won’t bother to vote. The remain side has worn people down with everything. Yes, Remain might win, they might not.. But I agree with Adi, people are less informed. Why should I or any other of the 17.4 million people accept the result of a 2nd Referendum? I could just spew the same old boring bollx that you have done for years, only it could just be ignored as we stay in. Leave have zero leverage if there was a Remain vote now. That in my option destroys democracy in this country and is a bigger issue than leaving. So a GE solves nothing, a 2nd Referendum solves nothing. As has been stated on here a million times but those posts use big words and no pictures, so you don’t understand them. We had a vote, it was passed into law and as yet, not delivered. NOW ****ING DELIVER IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Seeing as Swale is going to ignore me now, can anyone else explain to me,

you have churned out to varying degrees a stream of xenophobic, bigotted, ignorant crap,

I asked before, how I was bigotted and xenophobic, but he never answered?
    I presumed he was in rabid Liberal mode, of stereo typical insults.
    You’re not and you haven’t.

Page 545 of 922 FirstFirst ... 45445495535543544545546547555595645 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)