+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 564 of 922 FirstFirst ... 64464514554562563564565566574614664 ... LastLast
Results 5,631 to 5,640 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Reluctant since its Swale!! But in this case he sums up the position as well as I've seen without the usual bluster abuse and cussing.

That said, the withdrawal agreement is just that, who knows what trade deals etc lie ahead. We have more years of this to run, so post 10k may yet arrive.

I remain concerned about "Big Europe", centralisation and the lack of democracy and accountability within the system, but the last two years have shown that we are no role model for democracy ourselves.

The next few days could see the unholy union of those who have nothing and those who have everything coming together at the expense of the middle.

So be it - it's out of your and my control now, but then again it always was

Swale's piece is a fair portrayal of the downside as it looks right now.

We will have to wait 2 years to see what kind of trade deal ensues, provided this deal is accepted by the Commons and the Lords.

As with GP, I remain concerned about "Big Europe", centralisation and the lack of democracy and accountability within the system. Add to the huge disparity in what the populace of Greece, Italy and Spain see as "normal" and what they expect from their government and what they are (not) prepared to pay for it compared to what the populace of the UK, Sweden, the Netherlands find acceptable and then add in what the former Eastern Bloc countries (with at least 2 more of them waiting in the wings) expect/demand from the EU. It will become an even greater unworkable monolith that costs ever more money and "Brussels" will demand more and more money and power. It will become a dictatorship.

I can't argue with Swale's portrayal, however, the hazardous future I foresee weighs heavier on me than whatever any loss might be once the new trade deal has been concocted.

Whatever happens, come November 1st, or later if another extension is granted, I will still be in the EU but would rather be out of it or part of the free trade association it once was. There are too many, too large differences between the various member states to warrant the goal of a US of E ever being achieved.

‘There are too many, too large differences between the various member states to warrant the goal of a US of E ever being achieved.’

Exactly so, MA...totally agree.
    I also, as you know, share some of your concerns about ‘Big Europe’...but if we’re going to have a worse deal than we’ve currently got and a ‘US of E’ isn’t anything like as likely as the Brexit scaremongers have constantly warned, then what on earth have the last three and a half years all been about?

Complete waste of time and money which has benefited no one other than those such as Farage, Johnson, Rees-Mogg, Duncan-Smith, Raab and Co. who, without Brexit, would return to their rightful place of right wing political nonentities.

Anyone here got a second / holiday home in Spain? Andy, rA? Another side effect of Brexit is that you will have to pay 24% Spanish tax on the gross rental income as a non EU resident, instead of 19% on the net after expenses rent that an EU member has to pay now. Don't rent your property out? Not a problem they will tax you on a notional deemed rent, as a second homeowner, at around 2% of "rateable value" (or equivalent) of property. Oh yes and CGT and IT rues have become more hostile.

Now we know why rA wanted to remain!

This does not constitute investment advice..........

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Swale's piece is a fair portrayal of the downside as it looks right now.

We will have to wait 2 years to see what kind of trade deal ensues, provided this deal is accepted by the Commons and the Lords.

As with GP, I remain concerned about "Big Europe", centralisation and the lack of democracy and accountability within the system. Add to the huge disparity in what the populace of Greece, Italy and Spain see as "normal" and what they expect from their government and what they are (not) prepared to pay for it compared to what the populace of the UK, Sweden, the Netherlands find acceptable and then add in what the former Eastern Bloc countries (with at least 2 more of them waiting in the wings) expect/demand from the EU. It will become an even greater unworkable monolith that costs ever more money and "Brussels" will demand more and more money and power. It will become a dictatorship.

I can't argue with Swale's portrayal, however, the hazardous future I foresee weighs heavier on me than whatever any loss might be once the new trade deal has been concocted.

Whatever happens, come November 1st, or later if another extension is granted, I will still be in the EU but would rather be out of it or part of the free trade association it once was. There are too many, too large differences between the various member states to warrant the goal of a US of E ever being achieved.
    Nice post. It isn't just about economics. It's about the the goal of a USE.
    Economics was the reason we joined. We got a vote on that.
    It was hijacked into a political project. We never got a vote on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Anyone here got a second / holiday home in Spain? Andy, rA? Another side effect of Brexit is that you will have to pay 24% Spanish tax on the gross rental income as a non EU resident, instead of 19% on the net after expenses rent that an EU member has to pay now. Don't rent your property out? Not a problem they will tax you on a notional deemed rent, as a second homeowner, at around 2% of "rateable value" (or equivalent) of property. Oh yes and CGT and IT rues have become more hostile.

Now we know why rA wanted to remain!

This does not constitute investment advice..........
    Bizarre! You ask a question...answer it completely wrongly...then jump to a completely bogus conclusion.

I think everyone knows Andy is renovating a second home in Spain...I’m not and I have no second home anywhere at all Parky.

You want to know why I want to remain? Quite simple...I think it’s in the best interests of the people in both the country and the continent I am a resident of.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Nice post. It isn't just about economics. It's about the the goal of a USE.
    Economics was the reason we joined. We got a vote on that.
    It was hijacked into a political project. We never got a vote on that.
    It was a nice post, I agree...but given your obsession with the possibility of a US of E aren’t you reassured by MA’s suggestion that because of the enormous differences between the member countries it isn’t going to happen?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 22-10-2019 at 03:57 PM.

I didn't answer the question but rather focused the question further on the two hispanophiles that are site resident. That's what the funny hook like mark means following the names 🤔

I thought Andy was doing something to a house there, and you have oft spoken of visiting the country. Hence my focusing the question at the two of you.

Anyway on that basis you don't need to know about the post Brexit tax hikes for folk like Andy, but maybe he might like to know, please unread my post.

Bit of a sense of humour failure re the last paragraph I suspect.... or do your Liberal leanings mean you wouldn't contemplate a second home when there are plenty around with none? (that's a question not an answer, hence the hook)

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I didn't answer the question but rather focused the question further on the two hispanophiles that are site resident. That's what the funny hook like mark means following the names ��

I thought Andy was doing something to a house there, and you have oft spoken of visiting the country. Hence my focusing the question at the two of you.

Anyway on that basis you don't need to know about the post Brexit tax hikes for folk like Andy, but maybe he might like to know, please unread my post.

Bit of a sense of humour failure re the last paragraph I suspect.... or do your Liberal leanings mean you wouldn't contemplate a second home when there are plenty around with none? (that's a question not an answer, hence the hook)
    Your assertion that ‘Now we know why rA wanted to remain!’ ended with an exclamation mark not a ‘funny hook like mark’ and was wrong in every respect.

Sense of humour failure? If you like...just pissed off with all the lies and rubbish that’re being spoken and the gradual mood swing towards ‘oh let’s just get it done’ that seems to be gaining momentum.

It’s too important an issue not to be afforded proper scrutiny.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    It was a nice post, I agree...but given your obsession with the possibility of a US of E aren’t you reassured by MA’s suggestion that because of the enormous differences between the member countries it isn’t going to happen?
    No I'm not.

When I hear, Juncker/Macron/Verhofstadt scream about ever closer union/an army/ one border/ one currency and take a look at how close they've got to that inside 40 years. Then it is inevitable that at some point they will achieve it. Masstricht/ then Lisbon brought that ever closer. Deny it/ignore it all you want, it's happening right now.
    What ever the differences are, there or not, it isn't stopping them is it|?

We joined a group of nine similar countries, for a trade agreement. Fact /or fiction?

What has changed since then? Have we had a vote on it?

If you really do not believe that the EU is driving towards a superstate, when words like "empire" with it's own "army" are being used.
    Then I bow to your bubble that you live in.

Page 564 of 922 FirstFirst ... 64464514554562563564565566574614664 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)