+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 376 of 921 FirstFirst ... 276326366374375376377378386426476876 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,760 of 9205

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

There are snakes and weasels in every party on both sides, it's the way of life. Everyone wants to feather their own nest and it'll never change! It's all about what's in it for me.
    Are we any different? I don't think so.

[QUOTE=Manofpride;39067135]There are snakes and weasels in every party on both sides, it's the way of life. Everyone wants to feather their own nest and it'll never change! It's all about what's in it for me.
    Are we any different?

Who are ‘we’ MoP? Of course there are ‘snakes and weasels’ throughout the Houses of Parliament, they’re politicians after all, but even you surely have to admit that that the current lot of extreme Brexiteers...Rees Mogg, Johnson, Fox, McVey etc...are proving to be not only utterly bonkers but similarly disloyal.

Regardless of one’s party politics it is now obvious that this country has been well and truly screwed by Tories from Cameron to Johnson and Gove to Rees Mogg putting Party and ego before the well being of the nation.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 19-11-2018 at 10:51 AM.

Take your left hand off your left eye too rA and look at how the other side are now seeking to create a bigger mess out of it, as per my post earlier. just a bunch of self-centred *******s the whole lot of them, both sides playing God with the country's fortunes in the interests of their own political careers. Not a single person that I can see in parliament that is trying to resolve the mess we are in, but all of them trying to wreck any chance of agreement for their own ends - be it Corbyn trying to snatch an opportunity to grab power, or the Tory right trying to wrest control of their own party. Both intent on rejecting the Brexit deal for their own personal ends, and between them they will.

Collaborate to reject the Brexit deal on the table (which for all its faults is at least a start), throw the country into even more political turmoil, the chaos of another general election which will simply result in a different group of people failing to achieve a consensus exit .and waste what little time is left to get a proper deal renegotiated. The EU and indeed the whole world must be laughing at us. What chance is there to improve the deal when we sit squabbling like spoiled children. The EU negotiators know full well they have no need to concede anything, because that will simply result in a different element within our parliament whinging.

Who would have thunk a die hard remainer such as May was batting for Brexit, and a long time leaver such as Corbyn wanting to reject the plan to leave. All for their own self aggrandissement. If it wasnt so pathetically sad, it would be funny. But its the future of this country they are squabbling about amongst their grasping for power. power for what - to govern a country that is slowly crashing and burning into a no deal brexit?

I never thought I would feel sorry for May, but she simply cannot win. She compromised her own beliefs in pursuit of power, now its all falling down and the only certainty is that she will not be in power this time next year

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Take your left hand off your left eye too rA and look at how the other side are now seeking to create a bigger mess out of it, as per my post earlier. just a bunch of self-centred *******s the whole lot of them, both sides playing God with the country's fortunes in the interests of their own political careers. Not a single person that I can see in parliament that is trying to resolve the mess we are in, but all of them trying to wreck any chance of agreement for their own ends - be it Corbyn trying to snatch an opportunity to grab power, or the Tory right trying to wrest control of their own party. Both intent on rejecting the Brexit deal for their own personal ends, and between them they will.

Collaborate to reject the Brexit deal on the table (which for all its faults is at least a start), throw the country into even more political turmoil, the chaos of another general election which will simply result in a different group of people failing to achieve a consensus exit .and waste what little time is left to get a proper deal renegotiated. The EU and indeed the whole world must be laughing at us. What chance is there to improve the deal when we sit squabbling like spoiled children. The EU negotiators know full well they have no need to concede anything, because that will simply result in a different element within our parliament whinging.

Who would have thunk a die hard remainer such as May was batting for Brexit, and a long time leaver such as Corbyn wanting to reject the plan to leave. All for their own self aggrandissement. If it wasnt so pathetically sad, it would be funny. But its the future of this country they are squabbling about amongst their grasping for power. power for what - to govern a country that is slowly crashing and burning into a no deal brexit?

I never thought I would feel sorry for May, but she simply cannot win. She compromised her own beliefs in pursuit of power, now its all falling down and the only certainty is that she will not be in power this time next year
    Oh come on Parky...I’m not defending Corbyn, the man’s been less than useless throughout, but your argument is flawed.
    You accuse May of ‘self aggrandisement’ and a couple of sentences later tell us you ‘feel sorry’ for her and that she ‘simply cannot win’.
    Tbh May’s greatest achievement might have been to have people like me seeing her as acting relatively responsibly and reasonably.
    I still wish we could just get out of this ridiculous situation where I believe Brexit is going to make us all worse off, but in reality there can be nothing worse than the ‘no deal’ scenario which the most ardent Brexiteers are still advocating.

Even I didn’t realise quite how desperate things might become until a conversation yesterday with someone I know very well. They work for a major drugs company and his job at the moment is to endeavour to locate a huge amount of secure storage for the stockpiling of essential pharmaceuticals in the event of a ‘no deal’. I’m talking about millions of pounds here which is to be spent just on storage. He represents just one company...God knows how many more people will be looking for similar facilities, some of it temperature controlled and the money won’t be recoverable as contracts are likely to have to be exchanged before we know the eventual Brexit outcome.

You can moan about Corbyn as much as you like, I’m no fan either, but this is a crisis born and bred within the extremes of the Tory Party. It seriously needs resolving unless we are all just to become play things to fuel the egos of the likes of Johnson, Gove and Rees Mogg.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 19-11-2018 at 02:01 PM.

I dont deny that is where its born and bred (starting with Cameron arrogance), but the other side are simply standing there heaving fuel onto the fire, and that is equally damaging and distracting to the country.

Incidentally I see no conflict in feeling sorry for someone who took on a role to big herself up. The least she could have hoped for would be support from the party, but no: they seem hell bent on self destruction. She took on a poisoned chalice that she did not believe in and which was inevitably going to bring her down, but at least she has had her Andy Warhol 15 minutes I suppose.

The only solution that I can see would be a government of national unity in time of crisis, taking the moderates from both sides of the house trying to put together a soft brexit that would leave a middle ground majority happy - but it this pie in the sky to expect politicians to act in the interest of the country. Let the two extremes unite to reject her deal, but why cannot the centre right and centre left agree to work together for a solution and then, once achieved, they can resume their fighting against one another in the traditional way in parliament if they want. Or maybe,just maybe, a new centrist party might evolve what isnt called the Lib Demsand so could be electable!!!.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I dont deny that is where its born and bred (starting with Cameron arrogance), but the other side are simply standing there heaving fuel onto the fire, and that is equally damaging and distracting to the country.

Incidentally I see no conflict in feeling sorry for someone who took on a role to big herself up. The least she could have hoped for would be support from the party, but no: they seem hell bent on self destruction. She took on a poisoned chalice that she did not believe in and which was inevitably going to bring her down, but at least she has had her Andy Warhol 15 minutes I suppose.

The only solution that I can see would be a government of national unity in time of crisis, taking the moderates from both sides of the house trying to put together a soft brexit that would leave a middle ground majority happy - but it this pie in the sky to expect politicians to act in the interest of the country. Let the two extremes unite to reject her deal, but why cannot the centre right and centre left agree to work together for a solution and then, once achieved, they can resume their fighting against one another in the traditional way in parliament if they want. Or maybe,just maybe, a new centrist party might evolve what isnt called the Lib Demsand so could be electable!!!.
    Well there we have it. I entirely agree with your final paragraph. Sense and agreement at last. Every cloud....

Its only taken 3756 posts to reach this level of agreement!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Corbyn has always tended towards the ‘Leave’ cause imo, Geoff.
    Can’t fault your thoughts about Parliament though. God save us from thinly disguised Nationalists and let’s hope for some common sense.
    Tended towards leave???? He has been anti EU all of his political life and as said so on many occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Lol...I couldn’t care less really. The Royals are largely irrelevant to me. Sad thing is...even I have to admit they set a better example than most politicians...especially the collection of snakes and weasels on the Tory right.
    Unlike Messrs Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott on the Marxist left.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Unlike Messrs Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott on the Marxist left.
    Regardless of whether or not you agree with their politics, pie...I don’t think you can describe them as badly behaved or setting a bad example. Naivety is probably their biggest ‘sin’. So yes, Corbyn, Abbott and McDonnell are, I agree, quite unlike the vipers on the Tory right.

Page 376 of 921 FirstFirst ... 276326366374375376377378386426476876 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)