+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 380 of 922 FirstFirst ... 280330370378379380381382390430480880 ... LastLast
Results 3,791 to 3,800 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    You see, the first chink of light in agreement between us!
    Oh I dunno, I agree with much of what you say...it’s just that you’ve usually changed your p.o.v. by the end of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Oh I dunno, I agree with much of what you say...it’s just that you’ve usually changed your p.o.v. by the end of the week.
    I seriously don't get that, the only pov I've changed over the past few years is regarding the general public, and the distasteful way people on all sides conduct their arguments and/or respond to the sincerely held beliefs of others

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Which would you prefer, MoP?
    I'm already building Becher's Brook!!!

I think you already know my answer to that, The EU are taking the piss. If she stays we don't get what we voted for, she needs replacing by someone who believes in Brexit and quick.. The only good thing to happen if she does get her way is Farage will be back on the scene, hopefully to finish what he started! Are you with May, she is a remainer after all?
    Last edited by Manofpride; 21-11-2018 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    I'm already building Becher's Brook!!!

I think you already know my answer to that, The EU are taking the piss. If she stays we don't get what we voted for, she needs replacing by someone who believes in Brexit and quick.. The only good thing to happen if she does get her way is Farage will be back on the scene, hopefully to finish what he started! Are you with May, she is a remainer after all?
    I honestly didn’t. I thought we may have found some common ground and that you were one of the more responsible Brexiteers who disliked certain aspects of the EU and voted accordingly. I genuinely thought, all those months ago, that that your ‘support’ for Farage was tongue in cheek.
    I’m actually shocked that, as someone who’s obviously not daft, you want Farage ‘back on the scene’. My honest opinion is that he and his cronies have done more harm to this country than any others in living history.
    I’m not...’with May’, obviously...she clearly was a ‘Remainer’ and to that extent has taken on an impossible task - albeit one she actively sought - but it is perhaps indicative of the paucity of potential leaders from within an increasingly right wing Tory Party that she seemed to represent the best option at the time.

Having said that, I’m realistic enough to recognise that there are now three options...May’s plan, a no-deal Brexit, or a second Referendum.
    A ‘no-deal Brexit’ would, imo, spell the ruination of this country for the remainder of my lifetime and probably my children’s too. It is an option supported by nationalists and the deluded alone.
    Although I think the use of a Referendum to resolve such complex issues is deeply flawed it would be my preferred option, but I do recognise that May’s plan might be the best way to reunite a country that is more divided than I can ever remember...that and Parky’s suggestion of it being time for a centrist emergency coalition government.

Not sure why you think the EU is ‘taking the piss’. We joined a ‘club’ and made conscious commitments to it. When you withdraw from such an organisation do you really believe that you should continue to reap the benefits of membership? Of course not, and neither would you be allowed to default on the financial commitments. Their responsibility is to their members, of which we were a valued one before all this nonsense.

If you really want an example of someone who is ‘taking the piss’ look no further than Farage himself, who has made a fortune and a career - of sorts - out of something he has set out to destroy from the off while possibly doing more damage to the well being and reputation of this country than any other single individual I can think of.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 22-11-2018 at 09:57 AM.

Three options? The "May plan" or "a no deal exit" are options for sure, a second referendum is not an option in itself: unless you are so presumptive as to assume that second referendum = remain! What happens if you get your wish and the vote is to leave again? What happens if it is to remain this time, but with 37% of the electorate voting remain? Talk about opening further cans of worms.

If you are going to have a referendum then it must (a) put to bed this "advisory only" element as HMG has already be advised by the people once. Politicians cannot keep seeking the public's advice until they finally get a result they want and then stop asking; (b) the referendum has to ask "do you want brexit on May's terms or not?" It cannot re-ask the question, "do you want to remain after all?" If the answer to the second referendum is "no to May", then we have to crash and burn out: which as you rightly say would be a disaster that must be avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Three options? The "May plan" or "a no deal exit" are options for sure, a second referendum is not an option in itself: unless you are so presumptive as to assume that second referendum = remain! What happens if you get your wish and the vote is to leave again? What happens if it is to remain this time, but with 37% of the electorate voting remain? Talk about opening further cans of worms.

If you are going to have a referendum then it must (a) put to bed this "advisory only" element as HMG has already be advised by the people once. Politicians cannot keep seeking the public's advice until they finally get a result they want and then stop asking; (b) the referendum has to ask "do you want brexit on May's terms or not?" It cannot re-ask the question, "do you want to remain after all?" If the answer to the second referendum is "no to May", then we have to crash and burn out: which as you rightly say would be a disaster that must be avoided.
    I take all your points and it would be a massive risk, but if May’s plan can’t be got through Parliament and if, as you accept, a ‘no deal’ would be catastrophic for the economy then what else are we left with?

I still don’t understand why no one has acted on the fact that so many lies were told and so many electoral laws broken in the initial Referendum, but if there is to be a second one then the choices probably have to be...
    1) I support the Prime Minister’s plan for Brexit.
    2) I support the idea of a ‘no deal’ immediate Brexit.
    3) I reject the idea of Brexit and support full and continued membership of the EU.

Totally unsatisfactory I know, but that is the mess democracy - and the Tories - have left us in. Whether these three options should then be voted on individually or by order of preference and what would constitute a victorious ‘majority’ are further questions in need of resolution. Scary times!

"I still don’t understand why no one has acted on the fact that so many lies were told and so many electoral laws broken in the initial Referendum"

you really need to get over this for the sake of your sanity and health. Both sides were guilty, no-one innocent and how do you remedy whatever you find. Annul the results of the referendum? If you did that consistently we probably would never have had a valid election ever!

"I still don’t understand why no one has acted on the fact that so many lies were told and so many electoral laws broken in the initial Referendum"

you really need to get over this for the sake of your sanity and health. Both sides were guilty, no-one innocent and how do you remedy whatever you find. Annul the results of the referendum? If you did that consistently we probably would never have had a valid election ever!
    I didn’t actually say ‘annul the results of the referendum’, Parky...but I do despair when we, as a society, just abandon any concept of sticking to the rules because it’s become too difficult to adhere to them. We just seem to repeatedly make the same mistake of ‘throwing out the baby with the bath water’ or wringing our hands in despair and saying ‘well what do you expect...it always happens.’

That was an aside anyway...what really matters and is becoming increasingly crucial, is what happens next.

RA, I think that's a bit harsh from GP but he's basically saying the same as I have for ages - there are no clean hands.

RA I may be wrong but I suspect you are still hinting at the spending of the Brexit camp for the breaking of the rules ( which they did ) But there's was peanuts to what the Remain camp did One month before the referendum they spent a £1million pound setting up 5Ltd companies splitting the monies between them to stay under the spending limit If the want the names and amounts of the 5companies I will gladly post them for you

Page 380 of 922 FirstFirst ... 280330370378379380381382390430480880 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)