+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Residents of Renfrew/West of Scotland - Lochwinnoch

Residents of Renfrew/West of Scotland - Lochwinnoch

Right, just been given a head's up that Willie Nile will be playing, of all places, Lochwinnoch in Renfrewshire in September.

He has a habit of doing things like this (his last Scottish gig was in a Masonic Club in Ayrshire).
    Now, this ain't official yet, but I've been given a tip that it's occurring.

Anyone know this wee town?

Any idea of a likely venue? (I'm told there's likely to only be 100 tickets on sale if that narrows it down.)

Transport wise, it seems quite easy to get to, last train to Central 1135, there also seems to be a late bus, but I don't suppose a taxi into the Weeg would be too savage. (It's about 10 miles I'm told?)

All info on this charming wee hamlet (!) gratefully received.

Folk from Paisley think it's nice...

I work with someone from that neck of the woods. I'll get back to you.

Cheers Aldo, it looks like there's a bus to Glasgow from the periphery of town at 213a.m.

This is either going to be a gig to remember or Deliverance........

Probably the latter, seeing as it's perilously close to North Ayrshire. There's really not much there apart from the bird sanctuary. If you're struggling to get back, I'm sure Derek McInnes will put you up. He still stays in Houston which would be walkable if you're drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Probably the latter, seeing as it's perilously close to North Ayrshire. There's really not much there apart from the bird sanctuary. If you're struggling to get back, I'm sure Derek McInnes will put you up. He still stays in Houston which would be walkable if you're drunk
    I'll give him a bell, we're at Dundee that day so I'm sure he'll get the spare room kitted out.
    However, there seems to be a late bus from Ardrossan to Glasgow that skirts Lochwinnoch at 0213, so that should be ideal.

EDIT - Hadn't realised I'd mentioned the late bus in an earlier post.
    Senility kicking in.

Apparently the bowling club or golf club are possibilities or a place called McKillop's. It's not that bad a place but folk from Paisley do think it's like Beverly Hills...which doesn't say much.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Apparently the bowling club or golf club are possibilities or a place called McKillop's. It's not that bad a place but folk from Paisley do think it's like Beverly Hills...which doesn't say much.
    Believe it or not, I've run into the guy promoting the gig on a Springs**** message board.
    It's getting increasingly bizarre.

The gig is in a place called The Lochbarr Leisure Centre, which from Streeetview, looks exactly like The Phoenix Club.

The guy whose doing it says that venues in the Weeg are hoorin' expensive to get hired, so taking them out to places like this means less overheads.

I'm sure Mr Nile could pull in enough to fill Tut's or The Oran Mor, so this place with only 100 tickets going on general sale is an odd pick.

Should be a blinding night, like.

it won't be a blinding night.

It'll end with you scratching on Mrs McInnes's door like a raccoon with bleeding feet, begging to be let in. This will be where Derek's Dons commitment will be tested.

Careful Sneckie, Mason is trying to groom you in a Charles Manson style. Before we know it, his grand plan will have come good and under tragic circumstances we will be giving a two year contract to Kenny Shiels.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Careful Sneckie, Mason is trying to groom you in a Charles Manson style. Before we know it, his grand plan will have come good and under tragic circumstances we will be giving a two year contract to Kenny Shiels.
    The voices......the voices........ I hear them..........kill McInnes........kill McInnes.......