+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sandy Stewart

And if football has changed so much in the last few seasons. How on Earth did Liecester City just beat some of the richest, biggest sides around? Playing a formation Blackburn used in 1995? Simple 4-4-2. With a manager who had been sacked by Greece. In between we've had tippy tappy football, high pressing ....and lots of other fancy new names for things that haven't changed in 150 years. But a formation over 20 years old is the most successful last season? Wasn't football changed last seas one? No high pressing, no tippy tappy. No different to how we win it in 95. With about the same amount of players. Nothing changed there?

I do get where your coming from champs and I do hope I am wrong
    it's just past history dictates he is not the right man to push us on however as you rightfully state Leicester won with a manager who couldn't buy a win as Greece manager and who had a patchy record as coach so who knows but at this moment in time I have my doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I do get where your coming from champs and I do hope I am wrong
    it's just past history dictates he is not the right man to push us on however as you rightfully state Leicester won with a manager who couldn't buy a win as Greece manager and who had a patchy record as coach so who knows but at this moment in time I have my doubts.
    His past record at Burnley was actually very good. His record at Bolton was also decent when he first came in for a couple of seasons. He took them all the way to a semi final. After that things went wrong. That can happen to better mangers than him, look at Mourinhio. Or Ranieri who was actually viewed as a failure at the start of last season. Nobody predicted what he'd go onto win. Burnely got promoted twice with sides who where, like Liecester, odds on to go down, but went on to win promotion. One of those managers was Coyle. It's he gets it right, and you can't disagree that the signings so far have actually been very good. It's not a bad start. I just think it's a bit unfair to completely write him off over what happened atWigan. They where a mess of a club at that point. Very simililar to Rovers. We nearly went down aswell. And to judge him on America is harsh. He was likely just finding work. Nothing is proved either way out there. I was really harsh with him at first. But on reflection, that wasn't fair. I've seen enough footy to know this could go ok. I just think it's unfair to get alongside it afte a few decent results. He's done nothing wrong, therefore he deserves support being that he is our manager.

I think generally we are so downbeat on ourselves (punch drunk if you like), because of the farce that has been since Venkys arrived.
    Both ourselves were shocked, purely upon the candidate arriving and his links to BFC, his comments as Bolton manager, and his less than successful recent appointments.
    Like yourself I have been pleasantly surprised, so far.
    However, the saying is 'talks a good game'. That is not meant as derogatory or critical, its just a case of lets see what transpires on the pitch.
    Its been said he's tactically very naïve/poor, but good at shouting and clapping from touchline. I don't know if that's fair assessment, or sour grapes.
    But we will soon find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    I think generally we are so downbeat on ourselves (punch drunk if you like), because of the farce that has been since Venkys arrived.
    Both ourselves were shocked, purely upon the candidate arriving and his links to BFC, his comments as Bolton manager, and his less than successful recent appointments.
    Like yourself I have been pleasantly surprised, so far.
    However, the saying is 'talks a good game'. That is not meant as derogatory or critical, its just a case of lets see what transpires on the pitch.
    Its been said he's tactically very naïve/poor, but good at shouting and clapping from touchline. I don't know if that's fair assessment, or sour grapes.
    But we will soon find out.

You simply don't win promotion out of the Championship by clapping your hands, and shouting from the touch line. The mere suggestion is farcical. Who says this kind of *******s? Burnley fans who hated him leaving to go to a club he had a huge affiliation with? And nobody at Bolton complained when he was with them in the first season and a half.
    As in what he said while manager of another side....Who cares?
    Kenny Dalglish didn't have a clue there was a football team in Blackburn before being offered a huge bag of money. He came here to do a job. And did well. His links with Bolton and Burnley are irrelevant. I'm interested in in his signings, what we will do with those,players, and what he does while in charge. He has as much chance of doing well here, as he has at failing.
    What's a shame ...IMO ....I get the feeling alot are just waiting for him to slip up, to then play the Burnely card. He's done nothing wrong, he deserves support. Not negativity because we have crap owners.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    His past record at Burnley was actually very good. His record at Bolton was also decent when he first came in for a couple of seasons. He took them all the way to a semi final. After that things went wrong. That can happen to better mangers than him, look at Mourinhio. Or Ranieri who was actually viewed as a failure at the start of last season. Nobody predicted what he'd go onto win. Burnely got promoted twice with sides who where, like Liecester, odds on to go down, but went on to win promotion. One of those managers was Coyle. It's he gets it right, and you can't disagree that the signings so far have actually been very good. It's not a bad start. I just think it's a bit unfair to completely write him off over what happened atWigan. They where a mess of a club at that point. Very simililar to Rovers. We nearly went down aswell. And to judge him on America is harsh. He was likely just finding work. Nothing is proved either way out there. I was really harsh with him at first. But on reflection, that wasn't fair. I've seen enough footy to know this could go ok. I just think it's unfair to get alongside it afte a few decent results. He's done nothing wrong, therefore he deserves support being that he is our manager.
    Well done Chumps, your "support" lasted 2 full games.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)