+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Experienced Striker to sign

Everybody looks good against our defence but hey really pleased with the signing

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    and, hopefully, still a solid older defender and rid of one (or 2 ....) of our centre halves, if we can find someone who'd like them!
    We can't get rid of any centre halves- who would play at full back? Silly me I forgot that's what midfielders are for.

What about Kevin Nolan as the experienced midfielder?

Happy to move on Davies and Ray, but I doubt that there are any takers.

Walsall interested in Davis, apparently

Quote Originally Posted by Furberstreet View Post
    What about Kevin Nolan as the experienced midfielder?

Happy to move on Davies and Ray, but I doubt that there are any takers.
    I was thinking the same about Nolan - would take him in a heartbeat but guessing that he'd command very high wages.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Walsall interested in Davis, apparently

I would certainly like Walsall to sign him and free up cash for an experienced defender.

Quote Originally Posted by Furberstreet View Post
    I would certainly like Walsall to sign him and free up cash for an experienced defender.
    Interestingly did not feature last night at Buxton, can't find anywhere that gives a reason. Walsall have signed a centre half yesterday, Theo Vassell. Did hear a few weeks ago that he was on his way, Chesterfield mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Me For Crewe View Post
    Interestingly did not feature last night at Buxton, can't find anywhere that gives a reason. Walsall have signed a centre half yesterday, Theo Vassell. Did hear a few weeks ago that he was on his way, Chesterfield mentioned.
    Thank you. It is interesting that he did not play last night, but, given his injury record, he may have been swathed in cotton wool ready for Monday's match against Kidsgrove. I would not be surprised if a League One club came in for him. When fully fit, Davis did not look out of place in League One, even if the defence as a unit often looked out of sync.

Having bothered to log in for another thread, thought I'd put down in the ether what I think about Chris Dagnall. Last year doesn't appear to have done very much with Hibs, year before that was in the Indian Premier League (playing cricket??). Can't get excited about this signing, he seems to be on a downward trend.
    Hope I'm wrong, but I fear not!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast