+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Experienced Striker to sign

Well on the evidence of last night it appears that I am wrong. Chris worked his socks off against Wolves last night. Lots of tracking back, and dispossessing Wolves players, created our best chance (unfortunately fluffed by George Cooper. Looked better than Ryan I have to say, anyone for him and young Udoh to start up front?

Quote Originally Posted by RedandWhiteSpartan View Post
    Having bothered to log in for another thread, thought I'd put down in the ether what I think about Chris Dagnall. Last year doesn't appear to have done very much with Hibs, year before that was in the Indian Premier League (playing cricket??). Can't get excited about this signing, he seems to be on a downward trend.
    Hope I'm wrong, but I fear not!
    Well, how wrong can you be!
    Sorry about that Chris, hoping for even better next season. Congratulations on the hat-trick and player of the season awards!

It takes a big man to not only flag up his own mistakes ... but go back so far to find it.
    I thought Dagnall had a poor game last night. He found himself in a wing position and then as an old-fashioned inside right being asked to run like mad. His passing was sometimes awry.

I sincerely hope to see more bad days - with the same result - next season.

When was the last time we had a goalscorer with 17 goals (or more)? Who was the last hat-trick scorer?
    What total would Dagnall have reached if he hadn't been played as a lone striker with responsibility for a whole half of a pitch for 3 months under the previous regime?

He has done very well. Showed a lot of commitment and continued to work hard despite the lack of support up front. Certainly deserved his player of the season awards and here's to even more goals next season alongside an effective strike partner.

I did say earlier in this thread how pleased I was we had signed Daggers as he was always a menace when he played against us.
    As you say a bigger strike partner with him and who knows what he can achieve next season. Can't we give him another longer contract?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123