+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Experienced Striker to sign

Experienced Striker to sign

Chris Dagnall I believe not the tallest but a good player lost his way over the last couple of seasons but worth a punt

Saw him play a couple of times at Orient. Looked ok and would be a decent signing for League Two. Not sure where this leaves younger players such as Saunders? Can see this season as being key for Saunders' development and longer-term future at the club. Hope he gets, and takes, opportunities in the first team. Needs to hit the target from the outset in the pre-season friendlies.

I understand that Shrewsbury are also in for him so I'll be pleased if we can get this one over the line. Goalscoring record of 1 in 4 but has played at Championship level.

On a separate note I see that Kelvin Mellor has signed for Blackpool....shame, I would have had him back and moved Turton into midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Crew View Post
    On a separate note I see that Kelvin Mellor has signed for Blackpool....shame, I would have had him back.
    What is this fetish with bringing back ex players?

Do they all improve when they play for someone else. Mellor didn't set the world alight when he was here, nobody was really surprised when he left and by all accounts, Plymouth fans are glad to be rid.

You heard it hear first next a midfield general

Quote Originally Posted by Preston76 View Post
    You heard it hear first next a midfield general
    To be fair it was on twitter about a week ago!

Impressed with the signing of Dagnall been on the radar for a few weeks and when I heard that Shrewsbury were interested I was getting concerned. Fair play to the board and management team in getting such a good signing who I think will do good in this league.

Like Preston76 says next is the midfielder

Great signing I believe.
    I mentioned on here about 2 years ago that we should sign him.

I've been critical of Steve recently , mostly for a terrible record in the transfer market , but I've got to say this transfer has changed my mind. At first I thought "didn't we just sign a small poacher with a goal scoring record" , "haven't we got a similar player coming through" and "surely we need a bigger striker to hold the ball up" but that was before I realised the masterplan......
    He's going to buy a big oversized home shirt, get Dagnall to sit on Lowes shoulders and pretend to be a big striker.
    Big striker - yes
    Room for Saunders - yes
    Proven goal scoring record - yes

Bravo Steve, Bravo!

Not a world beater but always looked a threat against us, and should be a decent weapon in League 2 - average age going up like mad! As said, next a midfielder to run the kids, and, hopefully, still a solid older defender and rid of one (or 2 ....) of our centre halves, if we can find someone who'd like them!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast