+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Euro 2016 - scots light years behind

Euro 2016 - scots light years behind

Last edited by QOS_MAD_ADMIN; 07-07-2016 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Adding image

aye its a hard yin to sort out the lack of talent coming into the national sqaud these days likes ,for me theres 2 ways to go about producing for the future ,1st one is bring back the foreign player rule clubs only allowed 3 of them ,the grass roots needs to be sorted aswell ,an sfa coach should be placed in the p.e department of every secondary school throughout scotland ,school football leagues need re established as iv noticed school team football is nothing like what it was when i was a kid no established league systems ,2nd option if the sfa dont have the balls to upset the spl clubs by introducing foreign player rule has to be letting rangers and celtic go play in england get rid of them completely ,then the other clubs could settle into a competitive league which can only produce better talent ,scottish football will always be doomed if the sfa keep catering to our bigger clubs .

if the powers that be wont do any of the above then maybe we should go down the welsh root ,promote a team of our best yougsters to the full team and keep them together ,will take quite a few years like it did with the welsh but it would build a team bond ,spirit, fight,worked for wales toshak and speed at the start were hounded in the media for an under performing welsh team ,didnt bother them as thay were looking years ahead ,and the fruits of that are there to see right now .

It will certainly be interesting to see what course of action the Scottish FA will be taking over the next 6 months and whether they look to do any in-house restructuring. Agree completely with the points raised and we do need more coaching, while also being extremely careful to get the balance between enjoyment and professionalism right. We don't want to take the fun out of the game for youngsters.

On another note, and as silly as this sounds, I think a change of scenery for the national team could do them some good. Yes Hampden Park is the home of Scottish football, but why not try somewhere else with a more intense atmosphere with the crowd right on top of the game! The state of the pitch there has been awful in recent times and frankly we are hindering ourselves if we stay there for sentimental reasons.
    Last edited by CptQueens; 05-07-2016 at 03:18 PM. Reason: grammar

Agree with that Captain. Hampden should have been bulldozed and a purpose built ground buillt. They spent a fortune on the ground but for what end result ? The atmosphere is terrible with the running track round the pitch pushing the crowd away from the pitch. Ibrox, Pittodrie, Parkhead and Tynecastle etc should be used and a far better atmosphere guaranteed

Couldn't agree more. Hampden is a dreadful place to watch football. My personal favourite ground in Scotland to watch football, Palmerston notwithstanding, is Tynecastle. Would love to see Scotland there. I'd turn out for that whereas I'm unlikely to go to Hampden. A lot of good points being made in this thread.

Our group rivals Poland and Ireland couldn't beat us yet both qualified for France and the 2nd stages , however both of them beat Georgia away unlike us
    Wish I knew what the answer was to our problems . We've known for years we're not any good but instead of moving forward we've arguably moved backwards .
    Lots of people i know are blaming to standard of coaching in Scotland at youth and school level

The three teams that qualified from our group all made it to the last 16.

As for the "fortune" spent on Hampden. Was it not a pretty insignificant figure in comparison to what Wales spent on the Millenium Stadium or the English FA spent on Wembley?

Quote Originally Posted by palmy_cammy View Post
    The three teams that qualified from our group all made it to the last 16.

As for the "fortune" spent on Hampden. Was it not a pretty insignificant figure in comparison to what Wales spent on the Millenium Stadium or the English FA spent on Wembley?
    To put it simply , the money spent on Hampden was a waste of good cash where the 'fortunes' spent on the other two contributed to great football venues.

Admin, this is just not on.
    You have copied this directly from my personal Facebook page without my permission.
    The message was intended to be read by my friends only, and not for general public consumption.
    Not only that, but you have added the following text that I clearly didn't write:
    'England's losing to humble Iceland who don't even have a professional football must be a wake up call to those with their heads stuck in the sand down south.'
    That paragraph is not only ungrammatical, it doesn't make sense. 'England's losing', 'Don't even have a professional..' what?
    I did not write this, so please do not attribute it to me.
    It's bad enough using my Facebook posts without permission, without adding material that I didn't write and attributing it to me.
    Please take this article (and thread) down, and any others similarly sourced from my Facebook page - I haven't time to check all posts on this forum to see if any of my other posts have been used - and please seek my permission in future, on every occasion, if you want to use any of my social media posts on this site.
    Just because I have authorised the use of one article in the past does not mean I authorise the use of all future posts/articles.
    To say I am disappointed to have discovered this is an understatement.

Ewan M
    Last edited by EwanM; 07-07-2016 at 01:58 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)