+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Seven Years...

Seven Years...

...for Chilcott to tell us what we all knew already, that Blair took us to Iraq without a plan and based on flimsy justification. What a colossal waste of time and taxpayers money. Every taxi driver and barber from here to there could have told you that.

Very disappointing that Blair has decided to take the bullish line of 'no regrets. I'd do it again'. Apart from spending all the money, leaving Gordon Brown in charge and getting us into a war we shouldn't have been anywhere near, he did a lot of good for the UK.

I guess now he'll be remembered only for being an arrogant aerosole, who's spent his later career filling his pockets after starting a war which cost the lives of 200,000 Iraqi's not forgetting the 400+ of our service personnel who will never come home. He hasn't even got the testicles to say that, in the moment, he called it wrong. Prime Ministers are there to make the difficult decisions and often have blood on their hands, but to say that he would happily repeat his mistake, so he can save himself from legal challenges (...i'm guessing,) is really poor for a human being.

What a w-anchor.
    Last edited by FatherKnowsBest; 07-07-2016 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Lousy keyboard...

Even though we all knew beforehand it's good to have it confirmed finally and Blair, who envisaged his political legacy as that of a liberator in the Middle East and the Balkans, will be remembered by the words 'I will be with you, whatever'. That 'whatever' damns him for the war criminal he is and the violator of international law (that should protect us all) he is. But again without proper recourse, he'll just carry on regardless, he was doing the rounds on American TV last week joking around and spreading FUD about brexit knowing full well the contents of Chilcot, when he made his non apology apology on CNN last November he knew the contents of Chilcot ... and now he's cowardly citing the means justifying the end. Disgusting.

Question Time tonight should be interesting, Lord Falconer has been sent into the lions den (I was hoping for the man himself or at least Campbell) to be savaged by Ian Hislop and George Galloway.

Blair will have known for weeks or even months what this report contained. Despite him being outed as a lying control freak who wouldn't listen to anybody except Bush, he decides to crawl out from under his stone a couple of days before its release to try and tell the country that just because it had voted for something is doesn't mean they know best and their will could be changed.

Forget all the pros and cons of the ins and outs, just how much brass-face has this vile peice of dung got? Totally shameless I really hope I see him in cuffs someday soon.