+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: if Hanley goes

if Hanley goes

If Grant Hanley goes would you be happy with brown coming in to fill the gap and what paring would you play?
    for me it purely depends on Brown's contract
    if it's a pay as you play then great but a 2 year contract to a 36 year old who is injury prone it's a no from me
    partnership wise it has to be ward and Duffy if Hanley was to leave
    No way I would start with brown he has to be no more than a squad player
    of course who would you select as captain of he was to leave?
    tough one maybe Graham and Duffy as back up.

I can only guess Brown maybe has some 'next step in football' on his mind and his looking towards a coaching career.

AS for captain, play anywhere Ben Marshall could be a poss, trouble is too hot and cold and doesn't communicate. Duffy is prob head and shoulders ahead in that respect.
    However, given a 'return to form and fitness', Lowe for me is the type of player that could and maybe would rally the troops.

If this was in the offing, releasing Kilgallon seems strange.
    Incidentally, I tried to get more information on this subject from the LET site, but the comments on this topic are even more outlandish and unintelligible than usual.
    Is there no attempt to monitor that site in order to stop every thread descending into abuse?

I don't think it was ever the intention to sell our captain thus why the release of kilgalon however we have progressed from the mediocre offers of 1.5 million to a potential 5-6 million
    for a club in a perilous situation like ours that is very difficult to turn down
    my concern is did we have this feeling this might happen so invite Wes brown along to train with half a thought on hanleys departure
    am I against Brown joining?no but it purely depends on the contract and as you rightfully pointed out about kilgallon
    Brown or kilgallon I know which I would prefer in a blue and white shirt.

Where is he going ?

Possibly Newcastle Alf
    2 bids around 3.5 million rejected I expect a revised one of 5 million coming in then that could be the selling point.

Cheers Robin.

I forget the name of the young centre half who has been playing out in Austria? He's possibly going to come onto the scene. Also I'd point out that Lenihan can also play centre half. Which is possible when you consider Lowe will now be playing in the side. And I believe he will be made captain, should Hanley leave. We are doing a good job of driving the price up on him, rightly so. We'll sell for 5-6m and include an add on clause should they go up (which they will) and I think he can be replaced. Brown wil just be a pay as you play deal.

It's Scott Wharton champs
    fantastic prospect maybe too soon for him this season though
    Newcastle seem to be stalling in the transfer deal the reported 6 million wanted is obviously not matched by them
    as for brown I would be surprised if he went for a pay as you play deal do any players do that anymore?
    if Hanley or Duffy went we will need a replacement I heard blackett from man United was linked he would be ideal.

That's the lad. Now I'm hearing only good things about him. And like I said, Lowe is back now. So it's conceivable Lenihan will be back up for Ward and Duffy. And I've heard this about Blackett from ManU. Agreed, he will do nicely. I'm glad the owners are taking a hard line over the sale of Hanley, exactly what they did with Rhodes. Newcastle will get him in the end, we are just holding out for the the best price. Very very good business IMO. He can be replaced quite easily.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)