+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Chilcot Report

OT: Chilcot Report

So now it's official an illegal invasion and Blair should be tried as other leaders with bush for war crimes?

What happens about those invaders that died. They have caused the deaths of 100s of 1000s of innocents. Should they be shunned as Germans have been for "just following orders" or are we again going to the massive magnitude of hypocracy threat we usually do around such things?

What do you do if you have say a medal from the Iraq invasions as it surely now has no honour?

agree and to think i once voted for him and he still thinks people respect him

Quote Originally Posted by Rattea View Post
    So now it's official an illegal invasion and Blair should be tried as other leaders with bush for war crimes?

What happens about those invaders that died. They have caused the deaths of 100s of 1000s of innocents. Should they be shunned as Germans have been for "just following orders" or are we again going to the massive magnitude of hypocracy threat we usually do around such things?

What do you do if you have say a medal from the Iraq invasions as it surely now has no honour?
    Depends on what the medal was awarded for. It may have been a dishonourable war but that doesn't mean there weren't incredible acts of bravery committed by your average soldier often to protect/save their comrades.

Quote Originally Posted by tamworthram View Post
    Depends on what the medal was awarded for. It may have been a dishonourable war but that doesn't mean there weren't incredible acts of bravery committed by your average soldier often to protect/save their comrades.
    You don't get to sign up for the armed services then get a check sheet, as to which theatres of war you agree with and decide if to go or not.
    Pretty dumb assessment that ratty.
    How were German soldiers shunned? They weren't blamed for the war and tried for war crimes, had to go well beyond the codes of war. Or are you comparing British troops to SS guards at Belsen?

Blair in my opinion should be shot for treachery and I'm sure the families of those who lost loved ones would pay for the privilege.
    Why the British press, give this creep air time escapes me.
    Him and his wife are an offensive affront to civilised society.
    Made millions out of his lies, deceit and bad policies.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattea View Post

The Nazi's killed Jewish civilians from various countries in an ethnic cleansing operation. UK soldiers went to war against the Iraqi army and it's dictator Saddam on the back of being told he had weapons of mass destruction. Your correlation is both hilarious and frightening that you believe the two to be similar.

He doesn't believe it one bit, but for some curious reason feels the need to have a dig at the troops at every opportunity.

Apparently the minimum wage soldiers are paid makes them soldiers of fortune?!?

Perhaps he joined up once and failed basic training.

Incorrect I am disgusted at anyone who has had anything to do with the invasion of Iraq. And more so with anyone who would still try and justify it.

The following orders blindly holds no water. We all knew it was illegal and imoral at the time. Only a small number of nazis were responsible for killing Jews there were many many more that fought in battle and died. How many died in Leningrad would you consider those German soldiers to be brave as some above have tried to do with British troops? Hypocracy.

The so call collateral damage from the war is inexcusable. I know of stories where British troops have killed women and children in the street as collateral damage. We invaded their country on false pretences we were in the wrong they were defending their country and their society. The whole bit about them being grateful and needing help has been proved to be an out and out lie.

I was actually away with a couple of squadies last weekend and they both said thank god they never got caught up actively out there as they knew it was wrong as do so many in forces. It's indefensible.

On the subject of medals they are mostly just for being on tour. Very few are for bravery. So now what about those who have paraded and those that still do from that invasion. Shouldn't they be destroyed?

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but it's time the records concerning dr David kelly had the 70 year seal removed and maybe the death of Robin cook looked into. Two opposed to the conflict and both have very odd deaths. This whole thing could be a lot worse than people realise.

Rubbish Ratty

Your're a squaddie- the commander in chief has given an order to invade after persuading every governing body that it's the right thing to do. He lied/stretched the truth/made it up. How the hell does a normal human being know this?
    You're a service person in HMS and have been trained to do a job?

Whatever your theories are, is irrelevant and quite frankly disgusting, to compare British troops to Nazi war criminals.
    They did their jobs as ordered, irrelevant of Blairs lies and deceit of his cronies.
    Now retract that statement.

No you're, and quite a few others, lack of understanding of historic events such as world war 2 is disgusting. Nearly as much as the hypocracy.

German troops were forced to fight and carry out horrendous acts on the threat of death. As were many Russian troops and civilians. The difference is anyone refusing to invade Iraq would be thrown out of the army and maybe spend some time wrapped up in cotton wool in a military prison at worst. Back during the time of the invasion you could have just said you were gay and you'd be kept at home and thrown out of the forces in six months. I know this as I know some who did that in the navy at the time!!!!

There is no difference between any country invading another. There is in acts of atrocity but it's wrong regardless to invade.

For the British forces to say no this isn't right was relatively easy unless they were looking out for themselves. It wasn't even an invasion were at the time it seemed legit. The foreign secretary at the time spelt it out clearly and resigned in full public view.

The one act of bravery to say no I'm not doing that was the only one you can attribute to the invasion of Iraq.

I suggest you check out a few facts about forced German participation in world war 2. Just because the leader was corrupt and sick doesn't mean those forced to fight were any less human than anyone else unless the willingly participated.

I knew Blair was lying back then and if I was in the armed forces I would have refused to go, quit my job, in the face of whatever threat is thrown at me. Blood is on the British armies hands and the comparisons to nazis (not the SS as some but not ratty are saying) are fair. Yes they were following orders tricky you are right. But as rat says, we've all heard that before.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)