+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: OT: Chilcot Report

Quote Originally Posted by Akwesasne View Post
    I don't think Hitler or Stalin killed anyone. It was those who followed their orders which is the point I keep banging on about.

You still body swerved my question Basil, with your love of pacifism and your hero.

Forget me, here's an Indian bloke with another opinion.

Mansoor Saleem

Gandhi was good to Hindus, I guess, but he only cared about Hindus, he wanted to eliminate all the Muslims while MA Jinnah,(he was the reason for dividing Muslims from Hindus and became lifetime president of the Muslims in 1937), he wanted to unite the Muslims and Hindus but Hindus rejected by their behavior. And when Pakistan was founded and the Muslims were migrating from India to Pakistan, Gandhi gave Hindus and Sikhs all access to the weapons and they killed about 20,000,000 Muslims while they were migrating. Buses and trains came back with blood and dead bodies in THEM .It was a nitmare fr the Muslims who migrated

Quote Originally Posted by Rattea View Post
    So now it's official an illegal invasion and Blair should be tried as other leaders with bush for war crimes?

What happens about those invaders that died. They have caused the deaths of 100s of 1000s of innocents. Should they be shunned as Germans have been for "just following orders" or are we again going to the massive magnitude of hypocracy threat we usually do around such things?

What do you do if you have say a medal from the Iraq invasions as it surely now has no honour?

Really thats not how I interpret the report? I have no great love for Blair but the fact is he had a decision to make, stand with George Bush who was going to invade Iraq anyway or refuse to do so and it would take a very brave politician to do that.

Also a politician in Blairs position cannot be tried for war crimes, seeing as the invasion of Iraq does not fit the criteria - was the decision a gross misjudgement, was Blair over eager to accept the evidence and not challenge its accuracy? Yes, did parliament overwhelmingly vote in favour? Yes they did.

As for the UK soldier - well I dont see how they can be blamed for what happened, I have little sympathy for those who choose to join up, they know what the job description is, what the risks are and that they can be sent to do anything that government decides - if you dont accept that then you resign - Iraq is another example in a long line of examples all through history of ill conceived military actions, but hey it was agreed by our Sovereign democratically elected government and hasn't that been what all the fuss has been aboiut over the last few weeks???

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Really thats not how I interpret the report? I have no great love for Blair but the fact is he had a decision to make, stand with George Bush who was going to invade Iraq anyway or refuse to do so and it would take a very brave politician to do that.

Also a politician in Blairs position cannot be tried for war crimes, seeing as the invasion of Iraq does not fit the criteria - was the decision a gross misjudgement, was Blair over eager to accept the evidence and not challenge its accuracy? Yes, did parliament overwhelmingly vote in favour? Yes they did.

As for the UK soldier - well I dont see how they can be blamed for what happened, I have little sympathy for those who choose to join up, they know what the job description is, what the risks are and that they can be sent to do anything that government decides - if you dont accept that then you resign - Iraq is another example in a long line of examples all through history of ill conceived military actions, but hey it was agreed by our Sovereign democratically elected government and hasn't that been what all the fuss has been aboiut over the last few weeks???
    Very well put. Still no bloody 'like' button when you want one.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    You still body swerved my question Basil, with your love of pacifism and your hero.

Forget me, here's an Indian bloke with another opinion.

Mansoor Saleem

Gandhi was good to Hindus, I guess, but he only cared about Hindus, he wanted to eliminate all the Muslims while MA Jinnah,(he was the reason for dividing Muslims from Hindus and became lifetime president of the Muslims in 1937), he wanted to unite the Muslims and Hindus but Hindus rejected by their behavior. And when Pakistan was founded and the Muslims were migrating from India to Pakistan, Gandhi gave Hindus and Sikhs all access to the weapons and they killed about 20,000,000 Muslims while they were migrating. Buses and trains came back with blood and dead bodies in THEM .It was a nitmare fr the Muslims who migrated
    Since I would always defend myself against an aggressor I wouldn't regard myself as a true pacifist. War and aggression doesn't turn me on and fill me with pride like it does you. I abhor it and the people that start it and make it their chosen profession, but while there are people who will unquestioning follow the orders of their leaders which subsequently affect me, my family,my friends my ecosystem and the traditional long standing resource base we all rely on , then count me in. Also you can forget war crimes. If attacked you can forget all Queensbury Rules.
    Last edited by Akwesasne; 12-07-2016 at 07:24 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)