+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - New Prime Minister now we need an election!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Personally I don't think there's much of a mandate for either this government or the move to leave the EU at the moment Swale, but Andy F is probably right. Any sort of opposition is in such complete disarray at the moment - Angela Eagle ffs - that an election could be completely counter productive and would possibly only provide an opportunity for the wretched Arron Banks to create more bother.
    Frankly having seen our MP's at such close quarters recently, and especially the Tories childishly banging their desks prior to lining up for the photograph with their beloved new leader yesterday, I have to admit to increased sympathy for Guy Fawkes. There's some real talent in this country, unfortunately little of it is to be found in Westminster imo..
    More likely to get an election for Angela Eagle and Theresa May than an erection, thats for sure.

One of my long distant ancestors was one of the gunpowder conspirators - Robert Catesby - so I have some experience in the field 😊. In this day and age all we need is a rucksack and a copy of the Koran and we should get away with it too Mangara.

If it wasnt for those pesky kids....

Same book different cover She voted to bomb Syria voted to cut benefit s for unemployed and disability living allowence voted for bedroom tax and NHS reforms nosuch thing as avoid Tory

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post

He was the only person to enter Parliament with honest intentions.

Show me a politician and I will identify a deceitful person.

"Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it".

We all know who said that, but it all sounds rather similar 80 years on!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    "Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it".

We all know who said that, but it all sounds rather similar 80 years on!
    Spot on OTR. Certainly what happened with the 'battle bus' slogan but all sides are at it. Aside from a tiny minority, lies, vanity and lack of integrity seem to be the essential prerequisites of today's politicians, plus they all seem a little bit dim too.

Get rid of the buggers...put a proven teacher in charge of Education, a doctor in charge of Health, a military man (or woman) at Defence and make Branson or Sugar the new Chancellor. Save a fortune and get some proper expertise in the job. Politicians...what are they good for? Put them all in Room 101 with the Estate Agents.

Maybe the word 'politics' comes from the words 'poly'...meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'little blood sucking leeches'.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 12-07-2016 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    Show me a politician and I will identify a deceitful person.
    Ah, that tediously trite old line, oft used by those looking to justify their unwillingness to make the effort to vote or take an interest in how the country is run.

Tell us OTR, who does that description fit in with the descriptions of and eulogies for Jo Cox?!

To be fair Anywho...Jo Cox did seem to be the exception to OTR's rule. She certainly seemed to be a genuinely decent person and may well have gone on to great things. Perhaps that's also why she was hardly heard of prior to her very sad and tragic death.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Personally I don't think there's much of a mandate for either this government or the move to leave the EU at the moment Swale, but Andy F is probably right. Any sort of opposition is in such complete disarray at the moment - Angela Eagle ffs - that an election could be completely counter productive and would possibly only provide an opportunity for the wretched Arron Banks to create more bother.
    Frankly having seen our MP's at such close quarters recently, and especially the Tories childishly banging their desks prior to lining up for the photograph with their beloved new leader yesterday, I have to admit to increased sympathy for Guy Fawkes. There's some real talent in this country, unfortunately little of it is to be found in Westminster imo..
    Well he was the only one to go to the parliament with good intentions

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)